Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Between Zik And Ojukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Zik And Ojukwu (903 Views)

Buhari To Complete Zik Mausoleum / Gowon And Ojukwu-before Things Fell Apart Between Them / So, Zik And Balewa Conspired Against Awolowo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Zik And Ojukwu by Kemy11(m): 12:23pm On May 12, 2013
I DONT KNOW OF YOU BUT TO ME CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU A K A EZE GDURUGBURU, NNA DI ORA MMA NDIGBO, PEOPLES GENERAL, IKEMBA NNEWI IS THE MOST CELEBRATED IGBOMAN ON EARTH. ZIK MAY BE POPULAR IN GHANA OR OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES BUT NOT REVERED LIKE OJUKWU.
Re: Between Zik And Ojukwu by seunfly: 12:58pm On May 12, 2013
Kemy11: I DONT KNOW OF YOU BUT TO ME CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU A K A EZE GDURUGBURU, NNA DI ORA MMA NDIGBO, PEOPLES GENERAL, IKEMBA NNEWI IS THE MOST CELEBRATED IGBOMAN ON EARTH. ZIK MAY BE POPULAR IN GHANA OR OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES BUT NOT REVERED LIKE OJUKWU.
It is because our people celebrate wrong things and people, instead of us to act base on reasoning we act base on sentiment.
Don't get me wrong Ojukwu is not a wrong person, but Zik is by miles better if u remove sentiments, politics and unfond rumuor out of the bases 4 ur judgment.
If nigerians were to judge, people like Hitler will be hero and people like Mandela will be a bad person because we subject ourself to what we are fed with.
Re: Between Zik And Ojukwu by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 12, 2013
seunfly:
It is because our people celebrate wrong things and people, instead of us to act base on reasoning we act base on sentiment.
Don't get me wrong Ojukwu is not a wrong person, but Zik is by miles better if u remove sentiments, politics and unfond rumuor out of the bases 4 ur judgment.
If nigerians were to judge, people like Hitler will be hero and people like Mandela will be a bad person because we subject ourself to what we are fed with.

Zik is "valued" above Ojukwu in the concept of larger Nigeria nay Africa and that is where you are coming from. With respect to Igbo, Zik is not suppossed to be mentioned at the corridor of the house where Dim is discussed.
Re: Between Zik And Ojukwu by Kemy11(m): 3:24pm On May 12, 2013
Okoro2015:

Zik is "valued" above Ojukwu in the concept of larger Nigeria nay Africa and that is where you are coming from. With respect to Igbo, Zik is not suppossed to be mentioned at the corridor of the house where Dim is discussed.
Are u among the wise men that visited jesus
Re: Between Zik And Ojukwu by Afam4eva(m): 3:28pm On May 12, 2013
ZIK was a nationalist and people who are nationalistic in their views repect ZIK more than they do Ojukwu but people who are Igbotic and Biafran in their outlook revere Ojukwu more. But not every Igbo person reveres Ojukwu more than ZIK most most do.
Re: Between Zik And Ojukwu by FreeGlobe(f): 3:35pm On May 12, 2013
seunfly:
I guess this is a sub to the people that made awolowo a hero. You are right
Re: Between Zik And Ojukwu by malc619(m): 3:42pm On May 12, 2013
@OP:

why not compare in very SPECIFIC TERMS Ojukwu's achievement relative to Azikiwe's..

cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Jubilation In South-east As Julius Berger Moves To Site For Second Niger Bridge / Rivers Crisis:tofa Warns Jonathan To Be Careful / Massob Spit Fire Over The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.