Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 (48717 Views)

UCL: Benfica Vs Barcelona (0 - 2) On Tuesday October-2-2012 / UCL: Benfica Vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 27th March 2012 / UCL: Benfica Vs Man Utd (1 - 1) On 14th September 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 10:12am On May 16, 2013
Haterz Make U Na Go Drink H2S04 Jooor... Chelsea Champion Of Europa!!! Stand Up Stand Up Stand Up 4 The Champion 4 The Champion
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by timbros(m): 10:36am On May 16, 2013
Kx: Ba did nt feature for Chelsea because he was cup tied having played for Newcastle: but he was decorated last night with the gold medal, how was that possible?

I noticed that too....

#iWonder
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by timbros(m): 10:40am On May 16, 2013
honeric01: Have you guys heard of the Benfica's BelaGuttmann Curse?

In 1959, Benfica signed Hungarian coach Bela Guttmann from Porto. In 3 seasons he won two Portuguese league titles, one Portuguese cup, and two European cups. in 1962 he asked Benfica's board for a pay raise and they refused. He angrily left the club and said "Not in 100 years from now will Benfica win a European
Cup." They've lost 7 European finals since:
1963, 1965, 1968, 1983, 1988, 1990 and now
51 years and the curse continues.

I read about this curse yesterday morning. Even one of Benfica's players (Eusebio, I think) went to pray on the guy's grave in one of the finals and they still lost. Creepy.

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by maclatunji: 10:40am On May 16, 2013
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:01am On May 16, 2013
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by maclatunji: 12:53pm On May 16, 2013
hornipipe: yeah nice, your blog?

Yup!
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by maclatunji: 1:18pm On May 16, 2013
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 16, 2013
muwa na aga fe go di, muwa akötö so iru, anam achikwanû, ihûrû ukwu eze m. Finally i don show 4 last page and i don repair my lappy charger, right now am eating egg and red oil, with one leg in the toilet and another in the bathroom. Finally chelsea made it. I never see that evansgirl ashawounited and afam4ever d hopeless herbalist from igboka. Finally am still on my egg yolk..

Nna akötö si iru
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 16, 2013
mojounited: John Mikel Obi is now the MOST DECORATED NIGERIAN PLAYER IN EUROPE! - with Baclay's Premier Leauge, UEFA Champions League, Europa League and CAF Nations Cup Titles

CARLING CUP,FA CUP ALSO

2 Likes

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 16, 2013
maclatunji:

Yup!
makes sense cool
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 16, 2013
hornipipe: the most successful British team wink
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 16, 2013
hornipipe: the most successful British team wink
is it true dat epl trophy is greater than europa league trophy? After answering it, u can crawl back 2 ur mumsi toto and hibernate till eternity or till rapture, devil knows his candidates 4 sure.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 16, 2013
timbros:

I read about this curse yesterday morning. Even one of Benfica's players (Eusebio, I think) went to pray on the guy's grave in one of the finals and they still lost. Creepy.

is dat one of the excuses that u guys are now piling out of debris 4 chelsea winning d cup, y una no see'am b4 d match, most anti-chelsea were optimistic dat benfica was going to win chelsea, so why all these, wonders shall never end dat u guys can never run out of excuses to fizzle away the joy in the air but anyway u anti-chelsea fans can keep trying but the fact still remains the fact which is ''u can complete it by urself'' mayb after supercup, one german coach story of heaping a spell on bundesliga will emerge from no where... I still dey here with with alomo and egg enjoying and celebrating
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by maclatunji: 2:44pm On May 16, 2013
hornipipe: makes sense cool

Thank you.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by timbros(m): 3:10pm On May 16, 2013
c++_crazy:
is dat one of the excuses that u guys are now piling out of debris 4 chelsea winning d cup, y una no see'am b4 d match, most anti-chelsea were optimistic dat benfica was going to win chelsea, so why all these, wonders shall never end dat u guys can never run out of excuses to fizzle away the joy in the air but anyway u anti-chelsea fans can keep trying but the fact still remains the fact which is ''u can complete it by urself'' mayb after supercup, one german coach story of heaping a spell on bundesliga will emerge from no where... I still dey here with with alomo and egg enjoying and celebrating

Can you ever comment without filthy abuses?

Gosh!!

Take a moment and read my signature, then ask yourself if i'm anti-Chelsea or the opposite.

Its people like you that give Chelsea FC bad reputation, making people refer to Chelsea fans as noise makers...

2 Likes

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 16, 2013
dannio:

CARLING CUP,FA CUP ALSO
i stil want super cup and world club cup 4 him...Lets c hw it goes in the super cup against bayern/dortmond.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 16, 2013
Anyway i feel 4 benfica,almost al their supporters whr crying as if sumbody close to dem just died,bayern munich did not cry the way benfica cried.Benfica's own showed great pain.Curse no gud o....Anyway dey deserve to lose cos dem bin too make mouth 2much,the players and their coach bin to get mouth against chelc...Now that serves them right,i think they av learned a lesson,same to bucharest.2much mouth no gud.

1 Like

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by danarchy4(m): 4:12pm On May 16, 2013
11 facts from 2013 europa cup final game...Snippets of the Europa cup final between Benfica and Chelsea

• Rafa became the second coach to have won 3 euro cups in 3 diff clubs
• Chelsea is the the fourth side - after Juventus, Ajax and Bayern Munich - to win all UEFA's top competitions.
• John Terry became the fastest player to change from suit to jersey.
• He becomes the 1st player to lift 2 european cups in a row without being dressed for the game
• Demba Ba collected medal despite not being registered with the club for the competition.
• The King of the continent... Torres is reigning champion of Europa, Champions League, Euros and the World Cup.
• Chelsea will be the first team to hold the europa cup & champions league simultaneously (at least for 10 days)
• Benfica is now the first team to lose 7 european cup finals in a row.
• Chelsea played very badly in the first half but got two goals out of nothing… Lucky Rafa
• Torres scored in Chelsea first cup final which they eventually won.
• Chelsea did not make any substitue throughout the game.

5 Likes

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by AndreUweh(m): 4:32pm On May 16, 2013
^^^Did Danba Ba collect a medal last night?.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by timbros(m): 5:48pm On May 16, 2013
Andre Uweh: ^^^Did Danba Ba collect a medal last night?.

Yea he did.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by vichimcool: 6:10pm On May 16, 2013
[quote author=dannio]

CARLING CUP,FA CUP ALSO[/quote

Plus Community Shield
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 16, 2013
timbros:

Can you ever comment without filthy abuses?

Gosh!!

Take a moment and read my signature, then ask yourself if i'm anti-Chelsea or the opposite.

Its people like you that give Chelsea FC bad reputation, making people refer to Chelsea fans as noise makers...
guy chop rotten banana sef, wetin b urself sef? Every club get different kinds of fan including touts and noise makers and me too know d one i b so no dey feel say na u I dey talk 2 wid my comments and stop forming gentleman here cos d more u fake 2 b a gentleman d more ppl lik afam4ever and dat evanstar ashawoooooo man u girl go dey make u feel bad so u better use any opportunity 2 have to cause dem hurt. Na anti-chelsea fans I write'am 2 and if u ar hurt or u feel am doing wat am not supposed 2 do, gerrout!!! U can't tell me how 2 live my life.

2 Likes

Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by SailorXY: 8:50pm On May 16, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 16, 2013
u make my life so beautiful(chelsea), u make my life so beautiful(chelsea)... In 190 voice ***(u make my life so beautiful (chelsea))... Haters, i just go toilet now and dey find where and how 2 clean my an*us, plz u fit help me lick off d shi*t but make ur tongue no touch my skin
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 16, 2013
Demba Ba. Was given a medal cos he was registered @ the. Start of the seeason with Newcastle which competed and were. Still in the competition wen he was. Signed on by Chelsea.so it would Be regarded by UEfa as him being eligible.If Newcastle had gone out of the competition before Chelsea signed him,he'd not have been given any medal
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by enlady(f): 10:12pm On May 16, 2013
c++_crazy:
u make my life so beautiful(chelsea), u make my life so beautiful(chelsea)... In 190 voice ***(u make my life so beautiful (chelsea))... Haters, i just go toilet now and dey find where and how 2 clean my an*us, plz u fit help me lick off d shi*t but make ur tongue no touch my skin
chai dis guy funny! Kept me laughing. Enjoy the victory jare. Your allegiance to chelsea is paying u
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 16, 2013
enlady: chai dis guy funny! Kept me laughing. Enjoy the victory jare. Your allegiance to chelsea is paying u
may God bless you so enormously and beyond ur dreams for realizing itz not my fault dAT am this happy.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 6:18am On May 17, 2013
c++_crazy:
Haters, i just go toilet now and dey find where and how 2 clean my an*us, plz u fit help me lick off d shi*t but make ur tongue no touch my skin
*Dies.
Re: Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 by Nobody: 10:00am On May 17, 2013
DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE?
IDEAS FOR NEXT SEASON'S CHELSEA CHANT
"Champions of Europe, we know what we were!"
"Champions of Europe (ish), we know what we are!" "Champions of Europe, we know what we wish we still
were!"
"Champions of Europe, we know what Bayern Munich/
Borussia Dortmund are!"
"Champions of Europe, it's sooo last year!" "Karma-karma-karma-karma karma chameleon..." (Hey,
it's catchy. -Ed) Having won the Europa League at an implausibly 11th hour
and Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich's big final not
to officially depose them of the top prize until May 25, the
Blues now enjoy unprecedented total power across the
continent.
What does this mean? Has European Union head honcho Herman van Rompuy given them the keys to all the cities?
Is Ashley Cole now legally entitled to drive sheep through
the streets of Bratislava? Can Victor Moses turn all the
lights off in Vienna just for a laugh? We should all brace
ourselves for a week-and-a-bit-long rampage of power-
drunk antics. While the players get on with that, this would be an
excellent opportunity for Blues fans to eat that slice of
humble pie. Rafa Benitez has gone and done everything for
which you could have hoped this season and, even though
you spent all year calling him fat, he'll probably still let you
pop that pie in the microwave first because he's a nice man and it would taste better warm.
Now Rafa can sail back across the English channel on a
wave of Liverpool fans' bitter sweet tears and waltz into,
most probably, a job at Paris Saint-Germain. There, his
efforts can be properly rewarded with the opportunity to
spend a whole season drinking in the life-affirming smell of a place where David Beckham used to be.
For Benfica, more heartbreak. A squillionth European final
in a row without winning, the curse of Bela Guttman
continues to hold them in its ghostly grip, occasionally
squeezing their kidneys maliciously with an other worldly
laugh. Of course, their fans' tearful lament was nothing
compared to WWLTW losing £4.79 on its Under 2.5 goals
bet thanks to Branislav 'the Manislav' Ivanovic, as Geoff
Shreeves so kindly reminded this column immediately after
the game.
Were I copied this from? Ask google my brethren.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Top Five Highest Goalscorers In Premier League, La Liga & Serie A So Far / Chelsea Vs PSG: UCL (1 - 2) On 9th March 2016 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United: FA Cup (1 - 3) On 25th January 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.