Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity (1302 Views)

Fuel Crisis: Why We Create Scarcity – Marketers / Photos: The Longest Banner In Nigeria Hit Third Mainland Bride / 700 Pound Snake Pulled Out Of Lake In North Carolina? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Litmus: 11:21am On May 13, 2013
Security and threats

It is easy to perpetrate crime against Nigerians. This is because Nigerians, and their chief image maker, Ghanaians, bring all charges back to Nigeria and Nigerians. You rape a Nigerian woman in Russia, the blame will come back to Nigeria; molest a Nigerian in the middle east, it is the Nigerians fault; attack a Nigerian diplomat in South Africa, it is Nigeria's fault. Throw a Nigerian out of a building in Beijing, it is Nigeria's fault even when the person is not Nigerian but from Togo, or some other godforsaken African crap of a nation, they are Nigerians.

Okay, so Bokoharam and their foreign sponsors want to create in Nigeria a situation of anarchy, the result of which profit of all kinds, monetary, political and social, would fall easier within their grasp:

Nigeria is seen as one of the more formidable African Nations to destroy because, contrary to how its enemies in Africa and the West would like to paint her, Nigeria is quite a serious nation. It has states and state capitals in depth; educated people, in-depth and a sophistcated superstructure in comparison to other African nations. So you would think, it is the last place to try to turn into a CAR. But with so called Nigerians on the old media(newspapers)and new media (twitter, Facebook etc) unimaginatively approaching all problems by the old and discredited derivative of blaming one's-self, its no wonder the destroyers of nations think Nigeria would be easier to destroy than firsts appears.

So the sponsors of Boko pay a salary to the flotsam and jetsam of African to go wage war on Nigerians. They creep in from Cameroon, Chad, Niger, Mali, Togo, Sudan, Congo etc and melt into the population, some are killed when they lunch group attacks from Cameroon and attempt to run back into Cameroon, most succeeding but few are lost. Well, what do you expect would be the next stage, especially as Nigerians and their image maker, Ghanaians, always blame Nigeria and Nigerians for everything and dehumanise Nigerians?

Well, why not create local militias in Nigeria, taking advantage of the unnecessary hatred Nigerians have built up for themselves through these insistent, BLAME YOURSELF Culture.

Incidentally, the "Blame-yourself" was invented by the colonialist in order to absolve themselves from the mess they left behind in Africa and Asia. The idea was, if you blame yourself you will be on the road to solving your problems.

you have communities whose leaders are beginning to receive salary from the people who sponsor Bokoharam, going out to massacre people in other communities. But because we are blinded by the need to blame ourselves (oh it's corrupt politicians, its PDP and CRAP-D-CRAP) we do not take time to imagine other scenarios so we can at least be aware of the possibility and prepare contingencies. This attitude makes us miss the possibility of outside sponsors exploiting age-old communal grievances to all but create Liberia, Sierra Leone and CAR style militias to wage war all over Nigeria thereby stretching Nigeria’s accomplished army and incompetent police too thin to be of any use.

Nigeria needs to triple the size of the army over the coming decade, we need to do something about our borders, we need state and national police, we need a larger and better equipped navy and we need to undertake a massive, wonder-of-the world, type project:

I propose we create the longest lake in the history of humanity out of our border with Cameroon. And For the purposes of trade, and that grand old vision of linking all of Africa with a highway, we leave a sliver of land linking Nigeria to Cameroon. At least that thin piece of land road could much easier be monitored.

BTW, sure terrorists and immigrants can cross river, but they'd be more vulnerable to sighting. And a long lake is not like the creeks of the Niger Delta

1 Like

Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Nobody: 12:04am On May 25, 2013
Humm, why are you so obsessed with Cameroon and Cameroonian angry angry, jeez angry you need to find another scapegoat , not us ah eihn we ain't to this..I hope you don't think the nigerian who beheaded someone in UK is Cameroonian undecided undecided, you really need to talk to me bro why the obsession?

Anyway I wouldn't mind your propositions/closing our borders.

1 Like

Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Nobody: 7:45am On May 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Humm, why are you so obsessed with Cameroon and Cameroonian angry angry, jeez angry you need to find another scapegoat , not us ah eihn we ain't to this..I hope you don't think the nigerian who beheaded someone in UK is Cameroonian undecided undecided, you really need to talk to me bro why the obsession?

Anyway I wouldn't mind your propositions/closing our borders.
I no say for ur country Cameroun, u go don build enough duplex with money wey u dey mek for Nija. If we come deport u now,how u go tek survive??

1 Like

Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Nobody: 8:50am On May 25, 2013
chidindufrank: I no say for ur country Cameroun, u go don build enough duplex with money wey u dey mek for Nija. If we come deport u now,how u go tek survive??
I didn't get anything, abeg easy in English
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Nobody: 9:18am On May 25, 2013
The greatest favor Nigerians can do for Africa is to stay in Nigeria.
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Nobody: 11:43am On May 25, 2013
There are many nations inside this Nation called Nigeria !!

The power tussle within Nigeria itself has beclouded our Leaders to fight outside insurgency/imperialism!!!

We do not share common goals,common focus,common agenda .......simply cuz the National Orientation and Political Culture negate such !!! Jonathan is seen as Ijaw/SouthSouth/South president..........Obasanjo is seen as Yoruba president.........Igbo wanted their own man @ the helms of Affair,Yar'adua 8years must also be completed ..........simply because National Orientation suggest '' u can only get there when ur man rules'' !!

Look @ power tussle among nations inside a nation .........Year in Year out the above is our preoccupation with little emphasis on what is happening to us as a nation in the Outside World !!!

The Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) keep increasing and we believe we are doing fine internationally but we never ask,How much has this transformed NIGERIA and Her People !!!

Therefore,instead of fighting for Nigeria to achieve prominence in Africa/World ::::::::::::::: Each region/bloc is now fighting for HER tribe/pocket !!!

Therefore,we can only see the larger scenario as painted by the Op if we take the fight away from ourselves to the outside world .........in order to do that,we have to ensure the Political institutions are well structured and administered !!!!

Until Then we should blame ourselves !!!
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Litmus: 12:03pm On May 25, 2013
Nigeria has States to satisfy all tribal needs if only people concentrate on making them work. I've come to realise the most viscivorus calls for Nigeria to break up are made by those who are not even Nigerians.

The lakes idea is not as outrageous as it might at first appear. If we start, slowly but surly,we'll begin to see the benefit. Even at a diabolically slow pace, after about five years,we'd have closed down some free routes into Nigeria or at least make them more difficult and the lakes might provide a means of livelihood for local communities on both sides of the borders. It will also attract tourists etc.
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I didn't get anything, abeg easy in English
lol, as if your lots comprehends Queens English. Any which na way me I drop out for nursery school na em mek I no sabi englibo. U sabi the meaning of Iberiberism? Na correct englirishy be dis o.
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Litmus: 1:19pm On May 25, 2013
[img]http://fs.huntingdon.edu/jlewis/syl/ircomp/Maps/Nigeria4.gif[/img]

Look at the border, which is in red, turn most of it into lake.

Actually, if we dug deep enough and left no land bridge, maybe we could discard with lakes (fresh water) and let the Atlantic ocean rush in and turn Nigeria into an Island grin. Hmmm, I wonder how deep the channel would need to be to prevent over-flooding
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 25, 2013
chidindufrank: lol, as if your lots comprehends Queens English. Any which na way me I drop out for nursery school na em mek I no sabi englibo. U sabi the meaning of Iberiberism? Na correct englirishy be dis o.
I don't have problem with pidgin, but I don't understand it so write in basic English undecided and I don't know the meaning
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 25, 2013
Litmus: [img]http://fs.huntingdon.edu/jlewis/syl/ircomp/Maps/Nigeria4.gif[/img]

Look at the border, which is in red, turn most of it into lake.

Actually, if we dug deep enough and left no land bridge, maybe we could discard with lakes (fresh water) and let the Atlantic ocean rush in and turn Nigeria into an Island grin. Hmmm, I wonder how deep the channel would need to be to prevent over-flooding
right now, naijan need food, light and security, such expensive projects are done when the nation is working and the people satisfied ,not the other way around

1 Like

Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 25, 2013
Litmus: Nigeria has States to satisfy all tribal needs if only people concentrate on making them work. I've come to realise the most viscivorus calls for Nigeria to break up are made by those who are not even Nigerians.

The lakes idea is not as outrageous as it might at first appear. If we start, slowly but surly,we'll begin to see the benefit. Even at a diabolically slow pace, after about five years,we'd have closed down some free routes into Nigeria or at least make them more difficult and the lakes might provide a means of livelihood for local communities on both sides of the borders. It will also attract tourists etc.
you and your bogus claims again, tell me more , so the people calling for the breakup of Naija are not Naijan, interesting what are they?
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by ba7man(m): 3:16pm On May 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: you and your bogus claims again, tell me more , so the people calling for the breakup of Naija are not Naijan, interesting what are they?
I don't have a problem with Cameroon. Its Niger Republic that the @OP fails to realize the danger's really from.
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 25, 2013
ba7man: I don't have a problem with Cameroon. Its Niger Republic that the @OP fails to realize the danger's really from.
exactly, I still don't get why he insists on Cameroon/Cameroonian?

Chad and Niger are the cause of your wahala, it is in those countries that you have a radical Islam and an extremism one, not in Cameroon. We don't have religious problems and supremacy in Cameroon, we don't care about religion.

Let me tell you something, Idriss Debi itno, Chad president has a plan to islamize the whole region, i can tell you more but he's backed by Arab(who gives him money to keep buying French weapons) I can tell more now because I'm still investigating. But I will tell you how we avoided religious conflicts from the beginning.

First you don't give an inch to any religion(Nigeria has failed)

All religious party are celebrated and day off( no work) regardless the religion this brings people close to each other, u found myself checking the calendar for the next muslim religious party or going oytside with muims to see if the moon will appear

Now come the sensible part..put spies in mosques, yes people are radicalized in mosques, pur them there and control the imams.

Also get interested in Islam stuff so you know how to challenge them.

I bet many Nigerian don't even know the ideology of Nigerian Muslim at least the majority, do you know if they are salafist, wahabite , Shiite, Sunnis, Shia? Etc..wake up ..you can still tackle this extremism...
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 25, 2013
But still, bokoharam is 90%Nigerian .....
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: But still, bokoharam is 90%Nigerian .....

And Paul Biya is 100% Cameroonian.
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 25, 2013
CAMEROON:

In a Cameroon faced with absolutely corrupt leadership coupled with an unbreakable inner circle, most of the population, especially youths, has begun to manifest high political apathy, withdrawing almost completely from political life as actors. They have been used only as cheer members of the crowd all along. This alienation has sporadically shown signs of a spark of violence in the past, with current trends that show such moves could be repeated. What should be noted is that their mind set is evolving, especially as they gain inspiration with each passing day following the world’s trajectories, like the recent Arab Spring that just swept away old dictators in North Africa and the Middle East. Also, the gaining of social media access to better articulate the grievances cannot be undermined.

The threat of any major crisis in Cameroon is buried on deep rooted politics of hatred and exclusion. This is characterized by persistent power struggle, a shadow democracy which is for the benefit of, at most, a few elites and their cronies. The population is carefully rendered poor to induce loyalty. Bad governance has made people to lose hold their own destinies.

Corruption, which has become a cankerworm, is widely manifested in the administrative and commercial services in all the nooks and crannies in Cameroon. Corruption is in itself a form of violence, as it transgresses the rule of law and violates Human Rights, since by its very nature it prevents the free use of the public services. This breeds deceit, the absence of public competitive spirits, and impunity, which affect all levels of the society.

Many of these new social orders in Cameroon are an embraced culture borne by acute poverty and, to an extent, greed. They are also caused by economic insecurities and betrayal of the few state elites, further made worse by the deficiencies in the exercise of public authority. This idea was well captured by the late Pope John Paul II, when in a visit to Brazil in 1980 he stated that “a society that is not socially just and does not strive to be so puts its own future at risk.”

http://polito.ubbcluj.ro/cop/2012/12/cameroon-conflict-profile/
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 25, 2013
kingoflag:

And Paul Biya is 100% Cameroonian.
yes.

I withdraw my comment, boko is 99,99% Nigerian
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 25, 2013
@kingoflag, thanks, very interesting read
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Litmus: 2:06am On Aug 07, 2013
More fighting going on in Gamboru ngala border with Cameroon.

Possible instigators/ sponsors:

Saudi
Quarter
France
Drug Cartels South America

Pawns:

Cameroon
Chad
Niger

Solution:

Short term:

For now we fight terrorists. We facilitate this by increasing army size, (grunts,navy, air-force, drones) increase and professionalize police to a higher standard, train civilians in observation and community cooperation. Moreover, rebuild devastated communities to a higher standard than before because this will win hearts and minds of local communities and demoralize terrorists who thrive on the devastation they cause.

Long-term:

create border river. I know, lake chad is shrinking, desert encroaching in the north, but lakes are the way to go. Let us be innovative for once rather than always following the West and waiting for them to say or try something before we think its okay do do similar.Lakes will cost in the short term, people will lament, people will laugh, international community will draw up reasons why its no good, but the financial and political cost will be nothing compared to the cost to Nigeria of the coming anarchy as nations like Chad, Niger and Cameroon go nova.

People come on here to mock Nigeria, calling her failed state and so on, but you guys will see what failed state really means in the coming decade.

Build Lakes,even small small at first will cut down easy routes into Nigeria.

Use of Seawater

http://solar-center.stanford.edu/sun-on-earth/seawater.html

Not withstanding...

Land Of A Thousand Artificial Lakes: Perils Of China's Boomtime Water Policy

http://www.worldcrunch.com/food-travel/land-of-a-thousand-artificial-lakes-perils-of-china-039-s-boomtime-water-policy/china-artificial-lakes-environment-zhengzhou/c6s9954/
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 07, 2013
the conspiracy theorist expert at it again grin grin grin
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Litmus: 12:00pm On Aug 16, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: the conspiracy theorist expert at it again grin grin grin

Conspiracy ?

If you think Nigeria has nothing to worry from France and her puppet African nations which surround her, then you're probably as Naive as many Nigerians appear.

the distance between United Kingdom and her territory of the Maldives

[img]http://3.bp..com/_X4h5pRxx8js/TJ5o-X0BiKI/AAAAAAAAC9o/9w4u5ytjwZs/s400/UK+to+Falkland+Islands.jpg[/img]

distance between Nigeria and Bakassi, which cant belong to Nigeria

The British fought a war over dispute of the former. Nigeria did not fight a war beyond a few historic skirmishes over the latter.

Nigeria conceded the territory far too easily revealing our weakness...

Bakassi dey sweet France, why not go further?

It is not even realpolitik, it is elementarily my dear Cameroonpride.
Re: I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity by Litmus: 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
An interesting short-term defensive strategy employed in Mali:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/11/opinion/anarchy-and-death-in-mali.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

Since then, a ditch has been dug around the city to prevent rebel pickup trucks from getting quickly in and out of town. Otherwise, the military force of 400 French and United Nations forces, along with Malian troops, tries to keep a low profile and avoid getting sucked into local rivalries between the Ifoghas clan of the Tuareg and other groups that live there.

create lakes out of our borders, Nigeria. Build and the water will come.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranks #8 In 10 Worst Places To Be A Mom! / Yoruba May Revolt, Ex-envoy Warns Jonathan / Olarenwaju Onadeko Appointed the new D.G of the Nigerian Law school

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.