Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,546 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita (837 Views)

Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi / Professor Kaita - "Why I Intervened In Buhari’s Certificate Saga" / A Northerner Must Emerge In 2015 Or Nigeria Will Divide- Lawal Kaita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita by lekanolas: 2:16pm On May 13, 2013
Former Governor of old Kaduna State, Alhaji Lawal Kaita, has explained why the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will lose the 2015 presidential election.

Kaita said that PDP would lose the presidential poll if the party presents President Goodluck Jonathan for re-election.

Speaking in an interview with National Mirror, he said fielding Jonathan would mark the end of PDP as the ruling party.

Accusing Jonathan’s administration of incompetence, the former governor mentioned the insecurity and other challenges confronting the nation as major factors that would work against his candidacy.

Kaita said: “If the PDP presents Jonathan to contest, it knows very well that it can’t win. The party knows very well that the decision to present Jonathan will be its end.”

He, however, flayed the Jonathan-led government to protect Nigerians and their property.

The former governor said: “The present administration rests on its oars while hundreds of Nigerians are killed on a daily basis, yet the same government wants to come back to power through the votes of the very people it has failed to adequately protect.”

Kaita, however, described those pushing Jonathan to seek re-election as selfish, saying Nigerians have never had it so bad in the last two years.

He said: “In the last couple of years, Nigerians have become poorer, with little or no growth in the economic and other sectors, as many lives continue to be lost in several parts of the country.

“The President is supposed to be in charge and he is supposed to be able to control what was happening, but he can’t or he has not been able to. So, why should you want him to contest? To continue to do what? To continue killing us? No.

“The present administration, in the last two years, has failed to make adequate impact in the economic, political, among other sectors, even as the PDP has continued to witness series of internal wrangling.

“Governors are fighting one another. Governors fighting the President, governors fighting the party (PDP); everybody is fighting, and such a situation has never happened before.”

The 81-year-old, however, said the only solution to the nation’s woes is to vote out the ruling PDP in the next presidential poll.

“What I can say is that new election should be held to get rid of the people (in power). I think that will be the best option for Nigerians,” he said.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/2015-jonathan-a-risk-to-pdp-kaita/
Re: 2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita by Wily2wily: 2:20pm On May 13, 2013
Kaita is an Iddiiot
Re: 2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita by Blackteeth(m): 2:34pm On May 13, 2013
This is 2013 and the drums of 2015 is getting too loud. angry
Re: 2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita by Mohdadutse(m): 2:52pm On May 13, 2013
Blackteeth: This is 2013 and the drums of 2015 is getting too loud. angry
Very loud, i am happy we are seeing it now that we have time to choose the right one.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita by mandarin: 3:00pm On May 13, 2013
I think I know Mr. Kaita's home town if its the one north of Katsina township en route Niger Republic. I was there on a visit to a friend doing his NYSC program and found a town/village that caused me to probably reconsider my stance on scrapping of local governments but for institutional rots in the system.
The town was agrarian and very dry and almost absolutely uneducated, it was a state of despair and lifelessness. May be most Nigerian villages are like that but that one was too bad.
Mr. Kaita has not done enough for his town and charity begin at home. However, GEJ(Ph.D) has not shown why our generation should trust educated fellows to make Nigeria a better country after all Mrs Ngozi Iweala has not fare any better in making things better; her policies make the wealthy better increasing their economic bases to support private jets from 22 to over a 100 ! Her Harvard/World Bank programs of creating economic growth amazingly has not translated to opportunities for for the general populace. Its good to be educated but having read textbooks written by fellows from well developed countries it may be difficult for her to sort out the fundamentals even though obviously she can succeed in creating a sect of super wealthy business aristocrats while the other section of the populace will be at their mercies.
Considering the level of our education and HDI i thought the Finance minister with so much power will use Nigeria as a pilot thesis to land the world Bank job in the future through programs that will help rural economics . I think excessive education can be cancerous of real values as it seems in Nigeria. Professor Soludo came and scrapped Community Banks and replace them with Micro Financing system that is out of reach of ordinary citizens. I thought when the Doctor Ngozi came, she would support creating a micro credit schemes as community banks or micro finance system to support SMEs so that the uneducated and teeming young population can access loans to start something which may not actually be in monetary but non monetary inputs. To me in this area certificates have failed us.
If the economy is not doing well and corruption is eating deeper and deeper and then security is in shamble where then will GEJ draw his performance indices? That makes a Mr. Kaita who have not done much for much of his own community a constructive critic! sadly enough.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita by confusion247(m): 3:08pm On May 13, 2013
kunu brain at work
Re: 2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita by confusion247(m): 3:10pm On May 13, 2013
Mohdadutse:
Very loud, i am happy we are seeing it now that we have time to choose the right one.
No vacancy in aso rock till 2019
Re: 2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita by bubadaniel13: 3:15pm On May 13, 2013
I wonder whether Kaita at 81 years can be remembered for something significant to his name,other than issuing threats about the disintegration of the country,at his age he should start making his ways with God before his departure, but he is busy meddling into politics that his likes contaminated years ago. As far as i am concern he is just a bigot, must the north always produce the leader of Nigeria?
Re: 2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita by nwabobo: 3:16pm On May 13, 2013
Something has caught up with Kaita and that thing is called senility.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita by Tolexander: 3:45pm On May 13, 2013
This is a calamity looming!

JONATHAN, a risk to PDP!

PDP, a risk to Nigeria!

These are double risk mehn!
Re: 2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 13, 2013
mandarin: I think I know Mr. Kaita's home town if its the one north of Katsina township en route Niger Republic. I was there on a visit to a friend doing his NYSC program and found a town/village that caused me to probably reconsider my stance on scrapping of local governments but for institutional rots in the system.
The town was agrarian and very dry and almost absolutely uneducated, it was a state of despair and lifelessness. May be most Nigerian villages are like that but that one was too bad.
Mr. Kaita has not done enough for his town and charity begin at home. However, GEJ(Ph.D) has not shown why our generation should trust educated fellows to make Nigeria a better country after all Mrs Ngozi Iweala has not fare any better in making things better; her policies make the wealthy better increasing their economic bases to support private jets from 22 to over a 100 ! Her Harvard/World Bank programs of creating economic growth amazingly has not translated to opportunities for for the general populace. Its good to be educated but having read textbooks written by fellows from well developed countries it may be difficult for her to sort out the fundamentals even though obviously she can succeed in creating a sect of super wealthy business aristocrats while the other section of the populace will be at their mercies.
Considering the level of our education and HDI i thought the Finance minister with so much power will use Nigeria as a pilot thesis to land the world Bank job in the future through programs that will help rural economics . I think excessive education can be cancerous of real values as it seems in Nigeria. Professor Soludo came and scrapped Community Banks and replace them with Micro Financing system that is out of reach of ordinary citizens. I thought when the Doctor Ngozi came, she would support creating a micro credit schemes as community banks or micro finance system to support SMEs so that the uneducated and teeming young population can access loans to start something which may not actually be in monetary but non monetary inputs. To me in this area certificates have failed us.
If the economy is not doing well and corruption is eating deeper and deeper and then security is in shamble where then will GEJ draw his performance indices? That makes a Mr. Kaita who have not done much for much of his own community a constructive critic! sadly enough.

Someone like you are the people who should be allowed to make contribution on this forum. I totally agree with everything you said.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 13, 2013
Kaita!!!!

You again?

You promised to make Nigeria ungovernable and it was so.

You are here again?

Okay na, we shall see.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita by rusep: 4:29pm On May 13, 2013
I am happy is Alhaji Lawal Kaita that is now complaining, after all he is one of those who force GEJ down our throat.
Re: 2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita by IleIfe2(m): 4:42pm On May 13, 2013
Re: 2015: Lawal Kaita is an Idi0t in Nigeria –Ile-ife
Re: 2015: Jonathan, A Risk To PDP –kaita by Gamji007: 4:45pm On May 13, 2013
mandarin: I think I know Mr. Kaita's home town if its the one north of Katsina township en route Niger Republic. I was there on a visit to a friend doing his NYSC program and found a town/village that caused me to probably reconsider my stance on scrapping of local governments but for institutional rots in the system.

Wow! A million likes

(1) (Reply)

Wife Of Kaduna Deputy Governor Disgraces Security Operatives....... / PHOTOS: Jonathan’s Camp Kicks, Requests Recount On Ngf's Re-election Of Amaechi / SEE What A Mother Did To Her Son As Punishment For Stealing Co- Tenant's Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.