Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Posterity Will Blame Me For Allowing IMO STATE Rot Away- Capt Iheanacho - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Posterity Will Blame Me For Allowing IMO STATE Rot Away- Capt Iheanacho (503 Views)

Guess Who Buhari Will Blame Next Week, Win #1000 Recharge Card / Buhari's Promises In Pictures, For Posterity. / Seun Osewa, Posterity Will Judge You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Posterity Will Blame Me For Allowing IMO STATE Rot Away- Capt Iheanacho by muktarl: 8:57pm On May 13, 2013
For the first time, the former Minister of Interior, Capt. Emmanuel Ihenacho, has opened up on the intrigues that led to his sudden suspension as a minister saying that it had to do with the interests of some political parties that offered him the chance of contesting the governorship election in 2011 for Imo State but he declined because he was not ready to obstruct the arrangement of his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Ihenacho, who was fielding questions from journalists in Owerri, maintained that he had made up his mind to serve the state as governor in 2015 since the blame would be heaped on people like him why they left the state to rot away instead of offering quality service to bring even development and conducive atmosphere for investment to thrive.

According to the oil and gas magnet, the business of governance is not a job or where one learns how to use the resources of the state to better the lot of some family members and supporters, but a desire to serve selflessly to the betterment of the general public.

“You have to decide that you are going to sacrifice for your people. Imo people want somebody who understands the basic of economics, somebody who is ready to work for the people and not necessarily embezzling the state funds. Not somebody who would go there to initiate different taxes on people, but someone who will create avenue for generation of funds independently,” he said.

Ihenacho observed that he had very good chance to become the next governor of the state, considering his antecedents, experience in both public and private life, adding “I have a very good chance to be there by 2015 as governor. It is a sacrifice that I will make to salvage Imo people. I am willing and able to take that chance.”

“Imolites are suffering. Igbo as a whole are suffering; someone has to speak out for them. I think I am the man. We cannot afford to waste more time in the state. I felt that all these years, we would have done better. With my exposure, I am in a position to know when there is progress in a system and when much is not done. I think that I have the capacity to build and develop the state,” he stated.

A chieftain of the PDP, who had made several sacrifices to build the party in the state, Ihenacho also observed that the state had not done well in terms of good governance, believing that if there was good governance at the state, certain things would have been addressed, such as creating capacity for employment generation.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ihenacho-i-was-offered-imo-governorship-ticket-in-2011/147370/
Re: Posterity Will Blame Me For Allowing IMO STATE Rot Away- Capt Iheanacho by muktarl: 9:11pm On May 13, 2013
I can't wait for this man to take over from the clown and comedian called Okrocha.
Re: Posterity Will Blame Me For Allowing IMO STATE Rot Away- Capt Iheanacho by idupaul: 10:39pm On May 13, 2013
Am I a learner? I tot dem talk say Okororocha is doing awesomely well in Imo
Re: Posterity Will Blame Me For Allowing IMO STATE Rot Away- Capt Iheanacho by Bigflamie(m): 11:06pm On May 13, 2013
idupaul: Am I a learner? I tot dem talk say Okororocha is doing awesomely well in Imo
awesomely well my foot

(1) (Reply)

No Plan To Declare State Of Emergency In Northern States, Says PDP / NUT Insists On Strike / Okorocha To Contest Presidential Election - Imo Deputy Gov.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.