Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

New Plate Number For Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Plate Number For Cars (1402 Views)

Check Out This Weird Plate Number / New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? / New Plate Number And Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Plate Number For Cars by bam1: 7:59am On May 14, 2013
When I bought my car some years ago, I have to pay for registration and get all my vehicle particular, after paying Government all due, I was issued a plate number in which without payment you can never get it, which means that it belongs to me, lately I wanted to get the new plate number in which I have to pay for and I was told to return my old plate number, which I used my money to get, how does dis sound, dis is my property not government property, why is government collecting the old one? can any1 giv me a detailed reason for this? I`m tired of Naija government oooooo.
Re: New Plate Number For Cars by mosunade(f): 8:01am On May 14, 2013
What will you use it for if you refuse to give it back? To add to your collection of junks?

So if they cease your international passport which you use your money to obtain, what will you say? Its your property? No, you are wrong. If they dont take the old number plates back, what is the guarantee that Nigerians wont start using it on other cars?
Re: New Plate Number For Cars by Ikenna351(m): 8:34am On May 14, 2013
bam1: When I bought my car some years ago, I have to pay for registration and get all my vehicle particular, after paying Government all due, I was issued a plate number in which without payment you can never get it, which means that it belongs to me, lately I wanted to get the new plate number in which I have to pay for and I was told to return my old plate number, which I used my money to get, how does dis sound, dis is my property not government property, why is government collecting the old one? can any1 giv me a detailed reason for this? I`m tired of Naija government oooooo.

As far as Abuja is concerned, no one ask for the return of old number plates while issuing the new one. All they need for renewal of number plate are your original last renewed vehicle papers, copy of your drivers licence, a passport and 30k. You will get your new number plates and renewed vehicle papers in few days.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: New Plate Number For Cars by Cyberknight: 8:45pm On May 31, 2013
I agree with Bam1. Why should the govt rip us off twice?
Re: New Plate Number For Cars by symbianDON(m): 10:27am On Jun 01, 2013
@ikenna, pls how do i go about renewing in abuja for 30k? Do you have anyone who can help? All the people i have spoken to have been quoting prices higher than 35k.
Re: New Plate Number For Cars by Cyberknight: 10:53am On Jun 01, 2013
price is 25k in Lagos, did mine last week. Why so exorbitant in Abuja, one wonders?
Re: New Plate Number For Cars by Ikenna351(m): 4:22pm On Jun 01, 2013
symbianDON: @ikenna, pls how do i go about renewing in abuja for 30k? Do you have anyone who can help? All the people i have spoken to have been quoting prices higher than 35k.

Yes, I have a contact, a VIO staff at Mabushi who will renew the old to new number plate and renew the vehicle papers to reflect the new number, all for 30k.

Contact me off line/PM to get his contact.

Ikenna.
Re: New Plate Number For Cars by vitality22(m): 11:40pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ikenna351:

Yes, I have a contact, a VIO staff at Mabushi who will renew the old to new number plate and renewal of vehicle papers to reflect the new number, all for 30k.

Ikenna.
@Ikenna, I dont reside in Abuja but I use an abuja number and intend to renew it with abuja number also. If the VIO guy is trust worthy, please i will like to get his contact so that he will help me do it. Thanks
Re: New Plate Number For Cars by bravolad(m): 8:33am On Jun 02, 2013
Vehicle renewal is a relatively straight forward process that is usually completed within 2 days.

However,it is also cheaper than the initial registration depending on the type of vehicle, model and year. All my vehicle renewals had all been completed within a day.

But if the OP is replacing the old number plate with the new one, it may be neccessary to ask you to return the old one before being issued with the new number plate especially considering the present security situation in the country. You can always confirm this with the authorities before submiting it.

Again, is it neccesary for you to keep such in your possession? I think it would be important for VIO to retrieve the old ones and properly archive them.

I do not know what the official cost of renewal is but you can also verify by going to their office.

I hope this helps.
Re: New Plate Number For Cars by sagoe1712: 11:21am On Jun 02, 2013
I did mine for 13,100 for saloon and 14,300 for jeep in the VI licensing office
Re: New Plate Number For Cars by symbianDON(m): 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ikenna351:

Yes, I have a contact, a VIO staff at Mabushi who will renew the old to new number plate and renew the vehicle papers to reflect the new number, all for 30k.

Ikenna.
thanks for your prompt response. I will contact you offline.

(1) (Reply)

Top Gear Season 22 Episode 5 / Photo: Accord Vs City Vs Civic / Golden Brown Toyota Avalon XLS 2003 For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.