Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Please Do Any One Know How Economical Is Vento Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Do Any One Know How Economical Is Vento Cars (2574 Views)

Vw Vento And Vw Golf 3, Which One Is Stronger And Easy To Maintain / Can I Change Fuel System From "Injector To Cabaurator" Vento GL / 1996 VW Vento Or 1996 Toyota Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Do Any One Know How Economical Is Vento Cars by chikwadookeke: 12:08pm On May 14, 2013
Somebody is advising me to buy it i need an advice
Re: Please Do Any One Know How Economical Is Vento Cars by Advocatesam(f): 2:40pm On May 14, 2013
chikwadookeke: Somebody is advising me to buy it i need an advice

If u be rich guy, no buy Vento cos u fit angry say u no see sometin spend money on.

Honestly d car is superb n buying it is like buying a new car because most of d tokunboh always come with low mileage. If u do d review of d car, u will see dat d oyinbos who bought it did not really use it cos they did not like d shape of d car. Apart from servicing (4 months- 6 months interval), I don't see u spending any kobo on it again.

The fuel consumption is superb, I drive 30km per day and a full tank always last me 4 a month, Sunday exclusive (780km/55Litres).

Just make sure u buy d one with low mileage, manual, 1,6/1,8L engine. D one I got last year has an untampered mileage of 54660km (I saw d log book of d car n d VIN confirm dis).

So pls go 4 it cos u knw it is VW/German product n all German cars have no expiry date.
Re: Please Do Any One Know How Economical Is Vento Cars by JUO(m): 5:20pm On May 14, 2013
mileage, manual, 1,6/1,8L engine
he has said it all. i get money buy 2.4/2.5 L engine but no come here complain for fuel. in fact any car that the engine is more than 1.8l no buy unless you are already rich
Re: Please Do Any One Know How Economical Is Vento Cars by aaidel(m): 6:24am On May 15, 2013
i thought this only came with the 1.6 engine and its built in india basically like the 408 is a niche market vehicle
Re: Please Do Any One Know How Economical Is Vento Cars by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 15, 2013
V/Wagen Vento was the first car I ever bought with my money. Its pretty cool and am sure its not a bad deal. Its a 4 Cylinder car that means u dont have to worry about fuel. Here are some tips about the car:
1. Good fuel Economy
2. Usually low mileage in most of them
3. Small engine which means little or no wahala
4. A/C is the best because its V/W
5. Parts are very cheap to buy
6. Parts are easily accessible
7. Its very high from the ground unlike most cars
8. Has the largest boot among cars within its class
The list can go on and on. The end story is that its a good car. The only reason why I sold mine was because having driven other much sophisticated cars, I noticed that the brakes where not the same. I had to sell it because am a
speed Freak or I love d Need For Speed where the road is good, hence the need for precaution at all time.
[i][/i]
Re: Please Do Any One Know How Economical Is Vento Cars by baaliyah(m): 11:22am On May 26, 2013
Vento is good and easy to maintain. I ve used 3 golfs. Golf 2 Syncro 4WD and 2 MK3. All cars need good maintenance including VW. It is not the best in fuel consumptn but it is good wrt to its engine capacity. All cars can 'expire' even prematurely if not well maintained.
You will enjoy it but service regularly and dont postpone repairs. likely fults include: oil switch, roof ulphostry. Dont go looking for low milage, most 96 cars are over 150k km. I prefer 1.8 litre.
I prefer 1.8 lit.
Re: Please Do Any One Know How Economical Is Vento Cars by LastSurvivor: 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
Advocatesam:

If u be rich guy, no buy Vento cos u fit angry say u no see sometin spend money on.

Honestly d car is superb n buying it is like buying a new car because most of d tokunboh always come with low mileage. If u do d review of d car, u will see dat d oyinbos who bought it did not really use it cos they did not like d shape of d car. Apart from servicing (4 months- 6 months interval), I don't see u spending any kobo on it again.

The fuel consumption is superb, I drive 30km per day and a full tank always last me 4 a month, Sunday exclusive (780km/55Litres).

Just make sure u buy d one with low mileage, manual, 1,6/1,8L engine. D one I got last year has an untampered mileage of 54660km (I saw d log book of d car n d VIN confirm dis).

So pls go 4 it cos u knw it is VW/German product n all German cars have no expiry date.

They said when you wake up is ur morning undecided
U have said everything about the low mileage, low fuel consumption, easy to maintain etc but u forgot to mention anything about the speed..
Pls what is the speed like??
Re: Please Do Any One Know How Economical Is Vento Cars by chiefbuchiV12(m): 8:14am On Jun 28, 2016
LastSurvivor:

They said when you wake up is ur morning undecided
U have said everything about the low mileage, low fuel consumption, easy to maintain etc but u forgot to mention anything about the speed..
Pls what is the speed like??
The speed is demonic let me give an instance.... Mid 2013 I was travelling to the east with a cousin in a brand new Land cruiser prado belonging to a very high ranking delta state govt. Official doing well over 180, the driver was dusting everything in its path except for one and I repeat one VW vento/jetta fully loaded.... At a point the mopol in the prado thought the jetta's occupants were assailants until the car overtook us and we never saw it again..... There and then my cousin decided he's gonna own a VW Golf/Vento/Jetta and today he is a owner of a Mk3 Vw Golf GTi....sweet ride I must say, still waiting for my time bros ama own one of em!

2 Likes

Re: Please Do Any One Know How Economical Is Vento Cars by LastSurvivor: 9:27am On Jun 28, 2016
chiefbuchiV12:

The speed is demonic let me give an instance.... Mid 2013 I was travelling to the east with a cousin in a brand new Land cruiser prado belonging to a very high ranking delta state govt. Official doing well over 180, the driver was dusting everything in its path except for one and I repeat one VW vento/jetta fully loaded.... At a point the mopol in the prado thought the jetta's occupants were assailants until the car overtook us and we never saw it again..... There and then my cousin decided he's gonna own a VW Golf/Vento/Jetta and today he is a owner of a Mk3 Vw Golf GTi....sweet ride I must say, still waiting for my time bros ama own one of em!

Will be lying if I tell you u didn't entice me with that..
Kinda exaggerated compared to prado speed..
Tanks alot nwanne.. dalu..

1 Like

Re: Please Do Any One Know How Economical Is Vento Cars by chiefbuchiV12(m): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2016
LastSurvivor:

Will be lying if I tell you u didn't entice me with that..
Kinda exaggerated compared to prado speed..
Tanks alot nwanne.. dalu..

Dee not a detail was exaggerated, my cousin later bought his VW golf mk3 GTI mid 2014 and the car is a beast... Manual tranny, 2 litres engine, rode shotgun with him from ijebuode where he resided to babcock where he schooled and I can't count the number of cars he embarrassed on a single trip including the highly celebrated camry muscle and accord evil spirit....those VW's are not to be toyed with

1 Like

Re: Please Do Any One Know How Economical Is Vento Cars by LastSurvivor: 3:25pm On Jun 28, 2016
chiefbuchiV12:

Dee not a detail was exaggerated, my cousin later bought his VW golf mk3 GTI mid 2014 and the car is a beast... Manual tranny, 2 litres engine, rode shotgun with him from ijebuode where he resided to babcock where he schooled and I can't count the number of cars he embarrassed on a single trip including the highly celebrated camry muscle and accord evil spirit....those VW's are not to be toyed with

Hmmm..
Can't wait for mine..
Re: Please Do Any One Know How Economical Is Vento Cars by Teedol: 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2016
Which model of d v/w vento is most durable? I once used a 2001 vw Passat and it was so problematic.
Re: Please Do Any One Know How Economical Is Vento Cars by chiefbuchiV12(m): 9:07am On Jun 29, 2016
Teedol:
Which model of d v/w vento is most durable? I once used a 2001 vw Passat and it was so problematic.
The known issues to VW builds are electricals, upholstery probs, they're all minor issues

(1) (Reply)

Pls Are Nigeria Car Mart Car Prices Real Or Fake / . / 2013 C300 4matic Benz Steering Hard To Steer...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.