Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

How To Start A Pharmaceutical Importation Buisness In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start A Pharmaceutical Importation Buisness In Nigeria (11309 Views)

Need 500k For Pharmaceutical Importation / Good And Profitable Buisness In Nigeria / Starting A Pharmaceutical Marketing/distribution Company In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Pharmaceutical Importation Buisness In Nigeria by revlution: 4:37pm On May 14, 2013
Hello,
I need some advice on Pharmaceutical importation business. I previously started a post on Nairaland about how to start a pharmaceutical distributing/manufacturing company in Nigeria and i got some good responses.To follow up on that, I have registered a pharma distributing company and would like to know the following.
1) My intention is to inport form India and i would like to know what the process of importation entails. For example, when one contacts the company and they have accepted that they manufacture the medication and also export, must one go to India to get samples of the drugs that will be sent down to NAFDAC for registeration or does the company send the samples down to Nigeria(with shipping costs covered).

2)After registering the drugs with NAFDAC, does the manufactring company arrange for the shipping to the required dock in Nigeria(with you covering the cost of shipping and logistics), then you can clear the goods yourself.

3)Does one need to go to India to inspect the factory before drug registeration and importation from the factory.Is this absolutely neccessary?

4)For Lac tablets what is the minimum number of tablets in a batch size.

Thats all for now people, Every advise is accepted with gratitude.(importers advise needed too)
Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Pharmaceutical Importation Buisness In Nigeria by DONFASZY(m): 5:50pm On May 14, 2013
We can assist with the shipping from india to lagos

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Pharmaceutical Importation Buisness In Nigeria by revlution: 6:27pm On May 15, 2013
Thank you, any more suggestions with regards to my post please.
Re: How To Start A Pharmaceutical Importation Buisness In Nigeria by Ndata(m): 1:43am On May 16, 2013
Hi,good to hear you have kick started your own.There was a fair last April in Lagos and all the companies manufacturing drugs from India and other countries were there.You would have met them face to face in that fair and that would have saved you the stress of traveling to India. Please this is my email magnusbennoa@yahoo.com .I will really like to learn more from you about how you go about it,if you don't mind.
Re: How To Start A Pharmaceutical Importation Buisness In Nigeria by revlution: 6:41pm On May 16, 2013
Thank you @ ndata.
I can remember you contributed to my previous post on a similar topic. Have you been able to meet some of the manufacturers and do u plan starting yours soon.
Personally i think the whole process takes some bit of time fromm registeration of the company to drug registeration processes down to importation,then to marketing. And for any medication to be registered with nafdac there are sets of guidelines the drug product will have to meet up to. So it all depends on the type of directors you choose for your company and their range of experience in the pharma business.
Re: How To Start A Pharmaceutical Importation Buisness In Nigeria by ochina1(m): 9:34pm On May 16, 2013
Hi, good evening.
Just got home from work and thot to checkup nairaland b4 i call it a day
Saw ur post.. If u really wanna do this then i guess u shld give dude a call or mail him, they can help with all u nid 2 no and or do.
I keep forgetting to get him to put up a post on this imported/local food/drug production and nafdac reg issue cuz they do a very detailed n onpoint job especially with d nafdac reg thingy.
@list he can also help alot of our Nairaland folk abroad n home like us who wanna go into import/production n registering such products fast.

They run a consulting firm that professionally caters to such matters ASAP.

Mmglobaltd@gmail.com
+ 2348188904678
MMG CONSULTS

Ma two pence.. Lol.
Kip us updated as u proceed though.. All d best.
Re: How To Start A Pharmaceutical Importation Buisness In Nigeria by revlution: 10:00pm On May 16, 2013
Thank you very very much for your suggestion, I will keep in touch.
Anyone interested in this topic can also contribute for more awareness.
Re: How To Start A Pharmaceutical Importation Buisness In Nigeria by revlution: 10:08pm On May 16, 2013
I contacted a manufacturing company that offered to supply a minimum of 100,000 tablets in a batch size to a distributor and that is for antibiotics, isnt that a lot considering that antibiotics (lac tablets) are more expensive and usually minimum supply is 50,000tablets and less per batch,unlike non antibiotics which can be upto 100,000 tablets in a batch size. Is this is a fair deal?
Re: How To Start A Pharmaceutical Importation Buisness In Nigeria by duzz: 12:16pm On May 17, 2013
Do note that you can only Import drugs from NAFDAC certified/inspected manufacturers only, and if the manufacturer is not yet inspected by NAFDAC officials, you will then take care of the cost of the NAFDAC visiting inspectors in the manufacturer own country and this can be very expensive, so my advise is to order only from NAFDAC inspected manufacturers only.

On the other note why can you manufacture the Generic tablet and Capsule locally In Naija, I offer many Pharmaceutical tablet & capsule manufacturing plant package on turnkey installation starting from €225,000 for 50,000 capsule per hour & 50,000 tablet per hour small manufacturing plant to large capacity plants in turnkey installation as well as supply you with over 5000 generic drug formulations to manufacture and also connect you with raw material suppliers.
Matheworama@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Pharmaceutical Importation Buisness In Nigeria by bebe2(f): 2:07pm On May 17, 2013
see business, and i dey dis stupid country dey waste my time.

pls improve security make i coe home ooooo
Re: How To Start A Pharmaceutical Importation Buisness In Nigeria by Ndata(m): 7:10am On May 19, 2013
@revlution. As a matter of fact I still reside abroad. However I will be relocating home soonest to start mine. That's why I said your suggestions and experiences will be of great help when I finally start off.
Re: How To Start A Pharmaceutical Importation Buisness In Nigeria by revlution: 10:20am On May 19, 2013
ok, I would suggest you use your time abroad to get knowlegdeable and experienced pharma directors, they can help you a lot in terms on Nafdac registeration, importation , and pricing.
Re: How To Start A Pharmaceutical Importation Buisness In Nigeria by barikay: 2:13pm On May 19, 2013
Op, all that information that u are searching for is on nafdac site. Do a simple search. How do u intend to go about d marketing? i might come in there. Are u a pharmacist?

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Pharmaceutical Importation Buisness In Nigeria by revlution: 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2013
In the recent past, in order to reduce the level of importation of fake drugs, NAFDAC has a list of Indian manufacturing companies that they recognise for importation , does anyone know of such laboratories/factories.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Teach Me How To Make Money On The Internet / PHCN Is About To 'Acquire MTN'? / Hackers Are Targeting Nigerian Banks, Attack Imminent – NITDA Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.