Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger (11409 Views)

If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? / Eike Batista’s 10 Simple Rules For Becoming A Billionaire (blogger) / How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by Seun(m): 11:06pm On Sep 21, 2011
Check out the list below;

Aliko Dangote 1957
Mike Adenuga 1953
Tony Elumelu 1963
Tayo Adenirokun 1955
Fola Adeola 1954
Jimoh Ibrahim 1967
Erastus Akingbola 1951
Cosmas Maduka 1961
Wale Babalakin 1960
Femi Otedola 1967

What do they all have in common apart from being rich? Now look up again, yes you guessed right they were all born between 1950 and 1970. These are arguably some of Nigeria's billionaires. Some were born in the 50's whilst the others in the 60's. Between the oldest and the youngest is about14 years. Still within the same generation.

These guys all belong to a Golden Generation. A generation that it's maturity coincides with the formative stages of the modernization of the Nigerian Economy. The generation that was the obvious choice to have bought banking licenses just as the Babangida government deregulated the banking sector. The generation that obtained oil licenses by just being acquaintances with the government. The generation that were ready when the government decided to privatize its companies. The generations that will oversee the start of the economic revolution in Nigeria. The Generation that had a head start on those that will be born 10 to 20 years after it.

http://ugodre..com/2011/09/you-may-never-be-billionaire-if-you.html

He then goes on to 'explain' why someone born in the 70s or 80s can't ever be a billionaire.
Clearly, this is rubbish because I must be a billionaire one day.  Or what do you think?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by r231(m): 12:24am On Sep 22, 2011
well i guess it depends on where you are born grin grin grin

cus i am bout to be a millionaire grin grin
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by buzcenter: 3:22am On Sep 22, 2011
@seun , what happen to nairalist.com , has the website been hacked

1 Like

Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by Wazoblog(m): 8:13am On Sep 22, 2011
This is Total Nonsense, Be it unto You according to your believe! What kind of approach can we call this?

A blind philosophical approach with no sense of the current trends in this Next level of Communication Technology,

Except you are limiting your dreams and aspiration due to your myopic personality to issues to the World in General.

I will be a billionaire in my Generation!

Shame to destiny binders! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by buzcenter: 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2011
non sense.
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by ajadek(m): 9:58pm On Sep 22, 2011
They make their money when nigeria asleep when game of astrocity is flow,but to me i wil be a billionaira in this generation,theres some busines u can do withing some month and become billionaira, without bridge of astrocity, technology.oil and gas.shiping coy,etc,chairman of capital oil and gas is below 50,he celeberate 40yrs above last 2wk and his a billionaira, and many like that.
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by larrybobo1(m): 11:54pm On Sep 22, 2011
Hold on to your believe, by His Grace, my husband,I, relatives and friends given birth between this period will all be successful billionaire in our respective field . Amen
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by Pukkah: 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2011
This is not true at all.
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by Anwarsadat: 2:30pm On Sep 24, 2011
I never knew that there is such useless and pathetic guy in this site! my friend grow up. if you and your family are born to be poor you batter not address it to the people who are born to succeed.
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by favour101(m): 3:00pm On Sep 24, 2011
Have you had of Ikonibo group the owner is 32 this year the group have 15 house boat nine self proppelled barges and 5 platform support vessels that are presently working with four reputable oil company so my friend just struggle and pray to God you can be one

1 Like

Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by gbemiga1(m): 3:24pm On Sep 24, 2011
Anwarsadat:

I never knew that there is such useless and pathetic guy in this site! my friend grow up. if you and your family are born to be poor you batter not address it to the people who are born to succeed.

Wazoblog:

This is Total Nonsense, Be it unto You according to your believe! What kind of approach can we call this?

A blind philosophical approach with no sense of the current trends in this Next level of Communication Technology,

Except you are limiting your dreams and aspiration due to your myopic personality to issues to the World in General.

I will be a billionaire in my Generation!

Shame to destiny binders! grin
I don't think the best thing to do is to abuse or criticise someone on his/her opinion. If you do not agree with somebody's opinion,state reasons why you disagree and let others learn from you.Please give a constructive criticism and not a destructive one. I personally shall be a billionaire.

1 Like

Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by WebSurfer(m): 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2011
false assumption,,,,,, am gonna be one in my generation
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by buzugee(m): 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2011
yeah we all aspire to be billionaires *sarcasm*

are we talking of naira or pounds here ? grin
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2011
Hahaha, nice one, cud pass for a good WAEC essay or what shud i call it.
all I can say is,, just watch out for me,, cos am on my way to joining the billionaires.

see u at the top,, thats if u are ready to join me, all the best.
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by hallmark77: 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2011
You should try to be comfortable first, At least have some millions to your name, Most Billionaires these days only have it on papers with less worthy assets besides that they have taken all the money that belongs to the middle class as loan from the banks.
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by ariyebaba(m): 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2011
It is a good thing to become a BILLIONAIRE. Ummmmmmmmmhhhhhh!!!!
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by CHAIRMAN1(m): 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2011
Seun:

http://ugodre..com/2011/09/you-may-never-be-billionaire-if-you.html

He then goes on to 'explain' why someone born in the 70s or 80s can't ever be a billionaire.
Clearly, this is rubbish because I must be a billionaire one day.  Or what do you think?
Roger that Seun, i will be a multi-billionaire one day because God has said it, and equipped me rightly, the guy is just blogging CRAP
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by Dozzy3(m): 8:51pm On Sep 24, 2011
The opinion of the blogger is true to an extent.

You see such trends even on the Forbes list. The difference is in the sector of business
Most Bills, are already in sectors of banking, oil and real estate, ( where na "normal sense" and government connection and compounding time of investment make them somehow to remain in a particular age bracket)

Nowadays new bills, are in the dot.com- silicon valley - computer age sector (where na small pickins like Mark & Seun get okpolo wey if u no get u no fit get am*** so u have people in the older generation being angel investors to grab a share from this sector)

Best wishes Seun , we will surely get there one day!
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by yuzedo: 8:59pm On Sep 24, 2011
He has a point sha. . Bu all of una just dey hala like say billionaire na for zimbabwean dollars. . Had he said we cant hit "millionaire" status, sure i wudda cussed him out, but lets be honest, most of us wont be billionaires. . millionaire and multi-millionaire status, we might achieve tho. .
His logic is only faulty because he thinks billionaires are rigidly stratified according to decade born, meanwhile our generation has greater potential to produce more billionaires than their generation IMO. My own point be say no matter how u kabbash, billionaire status no be beans, no be by prayer cos talk is cheap. . Check the odds, not favorable i tell ya, undecided

1 Like

Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 24, 2011
I'm more impressed by the replies in the cited blog more than anything else. Very informed, articulate, sound, and analytical.

Regarding the issue at stake, I see the point the author is trying to make. It buttresses my unshakeable belief about life - one that even the Bible supports - that everything is about time and chance. The fastest may not win the race, neither would the strongest necessarily win the battle. Its all about time and chance. Certain generations have it easier than previous or succeeding generations. That's just life. 1+1 is not nececassily always = 2. Effort, talent and hard work are often meaningless if time and chance do not work in one's favour.

During our parents' generation, for instance, all you had to do was go to university, make a decent grade, and a fantastic job would be waiting for you when you graduate. Is it so now? Lol. Same principle applies in big business and ease-of-access-to-wealth too. Bottomline is: It's certainly NOT impossible to become a billionaire - for those of us born between 1974-1984. It's just that one requires much more luck, favour, talent, hard work, and ruthlessness to become a billionaire than would have been the case in the preceding generation. No doubt.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by Shersky: 9:14pm On Sep 24, 2011
what's all the obsession with being a billionaire this is exactly the same mindset that those "independence" generation had which eventually got us where we are. Einstein, Fermi, Wright brothers never billionaires. Pls Change the way you think ! Tell us you want to invent something worthy. then we will wish you goodluck!
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by buzugee(m): 9:23pm On Sep 24, 2011
all these billionaire aspirants in this post, i pray to God that they do not attain any political office in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by Shersky: 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2011
@Seun "You may never be a billionaire" is CLEARLY DIFFERENT from "You can never be billionaire". Stop twisting words for your own benefits!!!
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by saibuhari(m): 9:29pm On Sep 24, 2011
Seun, why do you avoid answering questions? What happened to nairalist?
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by gaddafe(m): 9:34pm On Sep 24, 2011
All those criticizing the write up are wretched people hoping one day they will hit their billions. They need hope and not this. Well my advice is that they become a millionaire first before thinking of the other step. When you get there you will definitely look for a way to cross.

Being a millionaire does not mean you holding a million for a month or so. It simply means that you have been able to control millions within a space of at least five years and your income keeps increasing or falling withing the range of millions and not dropping below. Same goes for being a billionaire.

If you are working hard on being a billionaire then you don't need any of this. What they write or say should not weigh you down, but if you are just sitting there hoping that one day God will bring a deal that will sky you to the top to become a billionaire and not a millionaire. MEN I JUST DEY LAFF grin grin
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by richjohn1(m): 9:37pm On Sep 24, 2011
Believe me, we all aspire to be great but surely not all will be. THERE ARE THINGS WRITTEN IN STARS THAT CAN'T BE CHANGED!!!!! Every man is born with a star and everyone's (star)destiny is arranged among a cluster of constellation, which determines your time/place of birth, your career, your fate, .your time of death, amongst others Every one has something written concerning him take it or leave it you can't change it.

That blog is correct to a reasonable extent!!!!!!!!
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by moremi2008(m): 9:43pm On Sep 24, 2011
The blogger has only extrapolated ideas by Malcolm Gladwell's "Outliers" to the Nigerian situation. He is probably right but nobody can predict the next wave of wealth generation in Nigerian and in the world. You can't underestimate the effects of chance political and economic changes on the future. These theories can only be proved in hindsight. The idea is food for thought though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by amiskurie(m): 9:44pm On Sep 24, 2011
It's easy to be a billionaire!
He must be out of his mind.i don't even care.keep working for money and let the little u've gotten relaxes.watchout for me,lols.

1 Like

Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 24, 2011
And what if I say of all months billionaires were born that september is the most prominent with the most billionaires will anyone quote М̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ wrong?

♈̷̴̩‎ε̲̣̣s nigerian billionaires are young but I don't have respect for their money because of how corrupt our system is and indians aren't  left out too, my billionaire roles models are abroad based!

To that guy to said that bullcrap, nigerian billionaires may have monopolised the market through the help of the government but that's not an avenue to write especially 1984 folks off, I have no doubt, I mean it

Once again I thank God the father, God the Son and God the Holy spirit for making М̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ a Multi billionaire!

1 Like

Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by DonChimax(m): 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2011
i am already a BILLIONAIRE- born in 1979.
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by DonChimax(m): 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2011
i am already a BILLIONAIRE- born in 1979.
Re: Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 24, 2011
The truth is better.hopeless bilionaires in making.unless there is radical change in economy and politics,no hope for nigeria youths.it is good to be realistic.op thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There Is No Fake Pepsi In Circulation’ – Seven-up Bottling Co. / Choice Shipping Company Is A Scam! / Tips For Achieving Your Financial Goals In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.