Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 11, Raze Houses In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 11, Raze Houses In Kaduna (978 Views)

Six Killed, Many Hospitalized As Buhari Supporters Raze PDP Campaign Office / Violence Escalates As Suspected APC Supporters Raze PDP Property In Gombe / Gunmen Kill 11 In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 11, Raze Houses In Kaduna by Policewoman(f): 7:49pm On May 14, 2013
By Luka Biniyat, Kaduna
Gun men believed to be Fulani herdsmen, Tuesday, raided Zangang village of Atakar Chiefdom, Kaura local government area of Kaduna state, killing 11 people.

Several others sustained injuries from gun shots and were said to have been rushed to the Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH) in the neighbouring Plateau state.

The invaders reportedly burnt many houses in the attack which started on Sunday and became more ferocious Tuesday.

The Kaduna state government has condemned the attack, saying measures were being taking to ensure lasting peace in the area.

The district head of the area Mr. Yohanna Daniel whose house was also burnt and was believed to have died, said he escaped death by providence.

He alleged that their attackers were Fulani herds men who came in a large number, shouting “Allah akbar (Allah is great) and shooting sporadically at people

He said they were dressed in black and red colours and were wielding AK 47 guns and pursuing people like chickens.

Daniel further alleged that the security personnel deployed to the area were not on ground when the gun men arrived and even when they came following the attack, they were complaining that they were hungry and left after some time.

“On Sunday we did not go to church. They attacked us again. Two of our boys were shot and were rushed to the Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH) in Plateau state. On Sunday we sat down and discussed and we said there was the need for us to find a solution to this problem because these people are going about with their cows, carrying sophisticated guns.

“They will enter your farm and once you talk to them, they will open fire on you. We felt this will not help us and we thought there is need for us to all come together and address this issue amongst ourselves.

“Soldiers from Jos (Joint Task Force) from Plateau and Kaduna states gave order that nobody among my children who have Dane gun that they have been using for hunting not to use it for hunting again.

“Today they were armed with AK47. This is not an assumption; this is what they are using. We sat down and discussed with them, thinking that they will take our message to them, but that was not to be so. They went and planed another attack on us.

“Those who entered my village were well armed. It was like some of the things I used to watch in the movies. They were dressed in black and red, with sophisticated guns. They entered our village and were shouting “Allahu Akbar”, they were in large number. I cannot tell how many they were, but they were in large number.

“They started shooting us and everybody was running for his dear life. They were pursuing us like chickens. I was lucky; otherwise you would have heard that the District head was killed. I just managed to escape. When my people didn’t see me, they thought that I was killed. But they burnt my house and several other houses.

“We have discovered 11 corpses and we are just burying the corpses now. We are still searching for more bodies because many people are still missing. The police ordered us to do the burial. The police came and took pictures of everything and the names of those who were killed.

“We are under serious threat of elimination here and nobody seems to be telling the world about the danger we are facing in the hands of these fulanis.

“They go about with AK47 guns and are terrorising our communities. We cannot defend ourselves because we don’t have arms like them. We are really finding it difficult to survive here”.

“We are told that there is security, whereas there is no security. If there is security why are these people always attacking us at will and killing us?

“If the soldiers that are deployed here had spent the whole day here on Sunday after we agreed with them that they will continue patrolling the area, but within one hour, they left.

“Since this incident happened today, they came but they complained to me that they were hungry. I don’t know the level I can tell you to understand the seriousness of what is happening here.

“I am a village man nobody may hear me but I am speaking the truth. The Fulani want to pursue us from our lands”.

The incident was said to have dominated discussions at the state security council meeting presided by governor Muktar Yero .

Spokesman of the governor, Mallam Ahmed Maiyaki in a telephone interview said that the state government was working out a solution to the problem of in the area.

According to Maiyaki, “this incident has happened repeatedly, what government has resolved to do is to have direct engagement with the people of this community and the Fulani leadership for a lasting solution to the problem.

“Government commiserates with the victims of the unfortunate attack. Government has also directed security agencies to intensify the provision of security” Maiyaki said.

All efforts to get the police reaction failed as the spokesman of the Kaduna state police command DSP Aminu Lawan failed as he did not respond to the reporter’s phone calls.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/fulani-herdsmen-kill-11-raze-houses-in-kaduna/
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 11, Raze Houses In Kaduna by Paschal007: 7:59pm On May 14, 2013
Chei! Seems like our ship of one Nigeria sailed and sank Long time ago. They should restrict their madness up there. No wonder Delta stay govt. barred entry of those murderers in their state. Let's hope other SS/SE governors follow suit.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 11, Raze Houses In Kaduna by abbeycial: 8:06pm On May 14, 2013
it baffles me to c callous acts treated wit little or no concern...well one tin I ve learnt abt nigerian crisis is 'neva to rely on govt for safety,seek protection from God den arm ur self to. da teeth and nd offer jungle justice to any form of threat.

u can answer questions later.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 11, Raze Houses In Kaduna by Tyche(m): 3:03am On Aug 14, 2013
what is the police doing about it?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 11, Raze Houses In Kaduna by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 14, 2013
Tyche: what is the police doing about it?
This is "one" Nigeria!
The invaders are our "brothers".
It is a "family" problem, so don't bring the police into this!

Emm, Gowon! hope I am correct?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 11, Raze Houses In Kaduna by owolabifunke14(f): 8:18am On Aug 14, 2013
How many heads wey dis fulani cattle get self? Terrorising from pole to pole everyday. Let Kaduna south youth deal with them. Soldiers should keep off and allow the youths there to deal with the invaders
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 11, Raze Houses In Kaduna by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 14, 2013
owolabifunke14: How many heads wey dis fulani cattle get self? Terrorising from pole to pole everyday. Let Kaduna south youth deal with them. Soldiers should keep off and allow the youths there to deal with the invaders

You are now calling for a civil war!
We the Biafrans do not want another war, we just want to have own country.
One Nigeria is a death camp!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 11, Raze Houses In Kaduna by Caleboha(m): 8:35am On Aug 14, 2013
Once upon a time I rained abuses on state governors and held them solely resposible for the escape of perpetrators of such acts of terror till I became wiser! The Governor acting as chief security officer is merely ceremonial, he cannot command any security outfit, he only reports to the president. The president is the commander in chief of the armed forces and till he begins to ensure that every human life lost on Nigerian soil via acts of violence is thoroughly accounted for by all relevant security outfits this will never end! I desperately wanted state policing to be effected but someone wants monopoly of control, someone has been corrupted absolutely by absolute power and wouldn't let dat happen. That person should therefore be held resposible directly! GEJ answer for yourself!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 11, Raze Houses In Kaduna by owolabifunke14(f): 9:08am On Aug 14, 2013
grin grin
noblezone:

You are now calling for a civil war!
We the Biafrans do not want another war, we just want to have own country.
One Nigeria is a death camp!
na small riot no be civil war. Please give me the documents of ur properties in lagos before u go back to ur Biafra. Help a nairalander in need of house please
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 11, Raze Houses In Kaduna by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
owolabifunke14: grin grin na small riot no be civil war. Please give me the documents of ur properties in lagos before u go back to ur Biafra. Help a nairalander in need of house please

We started from the scratch after the war and bounced back.
We can easily start from the scratch.

did you say small riots?
well, it was small riots that later turned to genocide.

As for your dreams of abandoned properties, I reserve my comment.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 11, Raze Houses In Kaduna by owolabifunke14(f): 7:08pm On Aug 14, 2013
noblezone:

We started from the scratch after the war and bounced back.
We can easily start from the scratch.

did you say small riots?
well, it was small riots that later turned to genocide.

As for your dreams of abandoned properties, I reserve my comment.
I made a humble request bros
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 11, Raze Houses In Kaduna by Tolexander: 7:10pm On Aug 14, 2013
The presidency will never see this and react. Cos they are only interested in what Amaechi, Bakare, Bisi Akande are saying!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 11, Raze Houses In Kaduna by owolabifunke14(f): 7:13pm On Aug 14, 2013
[quote author=Tolexander][/quote] grin request no be offence shebi?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 11, Raze Houses In Kaduna by Tolexander: 7:23pm On Aug 14, 2013
owolabifunke14: grin request no be offence shebi?
it will be on record that he gave it out and not treated as an abandoned property.

(1) (Reply)

Jerry Rawlings Slams Nigerian Government!! / Corruption In The Oil Industry: The Shell, Eni And Dan Etete Story / Rivers Crisis: Presidency Wants Amaechi Probed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.