Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

The Untold Story Of Dana Crash - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Untold Story Of Dana Crash (1775 Views)

Insurer Pays N821m To Dana Crash Victims’ Relatives / Tribute To Dana Crash Victims! A Very Touching Video!! / Crash Real Cause: Presidential Plane Caused Dana Crash! Pls Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 17, 2013
Kaycee7:
The living body and the dead body. What of the spirit or the soul? Where do they go?
Man has no spirit. Man is a soul.

After God formed man out of dust, the bible said. "God blew into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul."

Breath = air.

God breathed into him and his lungs got activated and his heart starts beating. If you remove that air from man, what happens?

He dies.

So where did "spirit" come from?

If now you argue that there is a spirit that is sent to hell, can spirits feel pain, since they have no flesh and blood?
Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 17, 2013
CrazyMan: I agree with sexkillz here...man is a soul...once you die, you cease to exist its as simple as that.

Look at the story of lazarus, he died and was buried...when Jesus raised him up, he didn't mention anything like an after life...his life continued from where it stopped on earth.

Look at the story of paul

Acts 20:8-12
8 And there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together. 9 And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead. 10 And Paul went down, and fell on him, and embracing him said, Trouble not yourselves; for his life is in him. 11 When he therefore was come up again, and had broken bread, and eaten, and talked a long while, even till break of day, so he departed. 12 And they brought the young man alive, and were not a little comforted.

This young man came back to life after falling off from a fence and died in the process...he never spoke of any life after death.

Also see
I kings 17:18-24.
[b] 18 And she said unto Elijah, What have I to do with thee, O thou man of God? art thou come unto me to call my sin to remembrance, and to slay my son? 19 And he said unto her, Give me thy son. And he took him out of her bosom, and carried him up into a loft, where he abode, and laid him upon his own bed. 20 And he cried unto the Lord, and said, O Lord my God, hast thou also brought evil upon the widow with whom I sojourn, by slaying her son? 21 And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the Lord, and said, O Lord my God, I pray thee, let this child's soul come into him again.22 And the Lord heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived. 23 And Elijah took the child, and brought him down out of the chamber into the house, and delivered him unto his mother: and Elijah said, See, thy son liveth.

24 And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the Lord in thy mouth is truth.
[/b]

If you guys don't have any valid proof about dead people being tormented in hell, then it would be wise to end this debate cos your ignorance is already becoming annoying.
In addition to this, I'll also like them to answer where Jesus Christ went to when he died.
Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by CrazyMan(m): 4:55pm On May 17, 2013
sexkillz: In addition to this, I'll also like them to answer where Jesus Christ went to when he died.
Good question.

Most people love blind argument...
Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by Kaycee7(m): 1:14am On May 18, 2013
CrazyMan: I agree with sexkillz here...man is a soul...once you die, you cease to exist its as simple as that.

Look at the story of lazarus, he died and was buried...when Jesus raised him up, he didn't mention anything like an after life...his life continued from where it stopped on earth.
If you guys don't have any valid proof about dead people being tormented in hell, then it would be wise to end this debate cos your ignorance is already becoming annoying.

You are only mentioning people raised from the dead. GOD could have prevented them as the time was not yet right for such things to be revealed.
If U want 2 quote the bible, read this. Lazarus died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom while the Rich Man died and was sent to Hades. Lazarus was enjoying while the Rich Man was tormented... The Rich Man said to Abraham "Father Abraham, send Lazarus to my brothers that they may not end up here with me."
Abraham told him his brothers already had the prophets. But the Rich Man said " They may not believe UNLESS THEY HEAR FROM A DEAD MAN COME BACK TO LIFE." Why is the rich man talking of bringing Lazarus back to life if he was already alive?
Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by Kaycee7(m): 1:20am On May 18, 2013
Christ went to limbo where the souls of good people who had died were. because no soul or spirit could go to heaven till the Eucharist had been established. He took these souls to heaven. That is where he went when he died.
Also if spirits can't feel pain, how is satan feeling the pain of his torment or is he not a spirit?
Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by kefmawin: 1:46am On May 18, 2013
I truly sympathize with those who rationalize and explain away clear biblical truth for selfish reasons or convenience.
What ever you believe does not change the truth as our personal opinions or ideological persuasions are immaterial.

To dismiss the hell, one will have to tear out or excise many scriptural passages that clearly point to this subject. Just to mention a few: Revelation 21:8; Revelation 20:15; Mark 9:46.

My dear the list is endless.

Many passages of scriptures both in the Old and New testament point to judgement or retribution. To dismiss this truth either suggests one trying to be daft or displaying willing ignorance or operating in deception and trying to deceive others.

In all we do Please remember that someday you'll stand before the Almighty God in judgement. For it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement (Hebrew 9:27).

Many will attempt to swallow their words but it will be too late. This is the day of grace and acceptable time to repent and be saved.

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by Kaycee7(m): 9:06am On May 18, 2013
kefmawin: I truly sympathize with those who rationalize and explain away clear biblical truth for selfish reasons or convenience.
What ever you believe does not change the truth as our personal opinions or ideological persuasions are immaterial.

To dismiss the hell, one will have to tear out or excise many scriptural passages that clearly point to this subject. Just to mention a few: Revelation 21:8; Revelation 20:15; Mark 9:46.

Many passages of scriptures both in the Old and New testament point to judgement or retribution. To dismiss this truth either suggests one trying to be daft or displaying willing ignorance or operating in deception and trying to deceive others.

In all we do Please remember that someday you'll stand before the Almighty God in judgement. For it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement (Hebrew 9:27).

Many will attempt to swallow their words but it will be too late. This is the day of grace and acceptable time to repent and be saved.

May the Almighty GOD bless you. May HE grant you the grace to attain heaven just for this post.

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by Nobody: 9:21am On May 18, 2013
Kaycee7: Christ went to limbo where the souls of good people who had died were. because no soul or spirit could go to heaven till the Eucharist had been established. He took these souls to heaven. That is where he went when he died.
Also if spirits can't feel pain, how is satan feeling the pain of his torment or is he not a spirit?
Can you back this up from the bible?
Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by Nobody: 9:29am On May 18, 2013
mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+20%3A13-15&version=KJV

The link above is Revelation 20:13-15

In verse 14 "death and hell" are cast into the lake of fire.

That even proves that hell is not the same as the lake of fire. Nothing survives fire.
Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by Kaycee7(m): 11:07am On May 18, 2013
sexkillz: mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+20%3A13-15&version=KJV

The link above is Revelation 20:13-15

In verse 14 "death and hell" are cast into the lake of fire.

That even proves that hell is not the same as the lake of fire. Nothing survives fire.

Are you implying that the spirit can die?
Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by CrazyMan(m): 11:58pm On May 18, 2013
Kaycee7:
You are only mentioning people raised from the dead. GOD could have prevented them as the time was not yet right for such things to be revealed.
If U want 2 quote the bible, read this. Lazarus died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom while the Rich Man died and was sent to Hades. Lazarus was enjoying while the Rich Man was tormented... The Rich Man said to Abraham "Father Abraham, send Lazarus to my brothers that they may not end up here with me."
Abraham told him his brothers already had the prophets. But the Rich Man said " They may not believe UNLESS THEY HEAR FROM A DEAD MAN COME BACK TO LIFE." Why is the rich man talking of bringing Lazarus back to life if he was already alive?
Let's get Scriptual.

Christ repeatedly drew His listeners’ attention back to the Old Testament Scriptures
(John 5:39: 39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me. .

Revelation 20:13-15. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.

We should look at the abundance of Scriptural evidence that supports the sleep of death while awaiting the resurrection to draw our conclusions about death, rather than a single story that is illogical unless understood as a parable.

Additionally, Christ Himself was aware that the dead sleep in their graves until they hear His voice. (John 5:25: Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. ).

It is clear, then, that the parable of the rich man and Lazarus does not support the idea of immediate life in heaven or hell after death. It was just a parable.
Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by CrazyMan(m): 12:00am On May 19, 2013
Kaycee7: Christ went to limbo where the souls of good people who had died were. because no soul or spirit could go to heaven till the Eucharist had been established. He took these souls to heaven. That is where he went when he died.
Could you post a biblical verse to back up this claim...thanks.
Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by CrazyMan(m): 1:25am On May 19, 2013
kefmawin: I truly sympathize with those who rationalize and explain away clear biblical truth for selfish reasons or convenience.

When you quote Jesus' words that 'the worm dieth not and the fire is not quenched' (Mark 9 like you stated up there) in reference to hell, do you also make clear that Jesus was quoting Isaiah 66:22-24: 22 "As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me," declares the LORD, "so will your name and descendants endure. 23 From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me," says the LORD. 24 "And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."

If you insist that Mark 9 is referring to the torment of souls by 'fire' and 'worms' for all eternity, then can you please explain also how fire and worms torment a dead body in Isaiah 66:24? If you insist that the dead bodies of Isaiah 66:24 are also immortal souls then by what rule of interpretation is this determined or even allowable?

Secondly, How do you cast death and Hades literally into a literal lake of fire? (Rev 20:14-15) If this is symbolical then why is the next verse 'and whosoever was not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire' not also symbolical?

Throughout the book of Revelation symbols are explained in a consistent manner; fine linen IS the righteousness of the saints, the candlesticks ARE the churches, the ten horns ARE ten kings. Why is it that when we are told 'the lake of fire IS the second death' this logic is reversed to mean 'the second death IS the lake of fire'?

You need to understand the scriptures deeply before making use of it.

The lake of fire is the second death. The body of the sinner shall be destroyed in this fire, after which worms will eat him up...in order wards, he would cease to exist.

There's nothing like everlasting fire...worms don't eat living people.
Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by swtchicgurl: 3:26am On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: Man has no spirit. Man is a soul.

After God formed man out of dust, the bible said. "God blew into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul."

Breath = air.

God breathed into him and his lungs got activated and his heart starts beating. If you remove that air from man, what happens?

He dies.

So where did "spirit" come from?

If now you argue that there is a spirit that is sent to hell, can spirits feel pain, since they have no flesh and blood?

"So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh to live according to the flesh -- for if you are living according to the flesh you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the flesh, you will live. For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, 'Abba! Father!' The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him that we may indeed be glorified with Him." (Romans 8:12-17).

Sir, Man is a spirit. He has a soul. The breathe of God made man a 'living' soul. The 'breathe' brought life.

Psalm 23:3 "He (God) restoreth my soul" Here, David was well alive and hearty, if he was just a soul without a spirit, then how come he needed restoration?

Secondly, Hell is a place of spiritual and eternal torment. Have you ever heard of 'spiritual fire'?

Remember, God is a consuming fire. Hebrews 12:29 and God is a Spirit. John 4:24.

That is where the mystery lies.

Being logical with the Bible has never paid off. The Holy Spirit is the best Teacher.

May God, in His infinite mercy help us all.

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by CrazyMan(m): 3:55am On May 19, 2013
swtchicgurl: Secondly, Hell is a place of spiritual and eternal torment. Have you ever heard of 'spiritual fire'?
Can you post a bible verse to back up this statement...?

The passages you posted about God being a consuming fire has nothing to do with the eternal torment in hell.
Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by swtchicgurl: 5:11am On May 19, 2013
CrazyMan:
Can you post a bible verse to back up this statement...?

The passages you posted about God being a consuming fire has nothing to do with the eternal torment in hell.

All I'm confirming to you is that fire can be spiritual.

But, I'm glad you didn't have to contest that man is a spirit.
Re: The Untold Story Of Dana Crash by Kaycee7(m): 1:15pm On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: Can you back this up from the bible?
All Christ did was not written in the Bible for no book could contain all Christ said and did.

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Types Of People You Meet On Nairaland / Helicopter For Sale At A Very Low Price!(pic) / Jambites!!!beware Of Digital Bridge Institute, Cappa, Agege Motor Road.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.