Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,088 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Grt Things President GEJ Has Done To Eradicate Unemployment & Poverty In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Grt Things President GEJ Has Done To Eradicate Unemployment & Poverty In Nigeria (1216 Views)

EASY WAYS FOR BUHARI TO ERADICATE BIAFRA / Photos: See What Gov.Kashim Shettima Did To Control Hunger And Poverty in Borno / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grt Things President GEJ Has Done To Eradicate Unemployment & Poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:43am On May 15, 2013
The circumstances surrounding Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s rise to the most exalted position as Nigeria’s President ought to convince Nigerians that President Goodluck Jonathan is indeed a good luck to this long-injured nation called, Nigeria.

If Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was to be born during the time The Holy Bible was being compiled, I am very certain his entire life story would have been one of the most outstanding Bible stories- a fisherman’s son, from the most neglected region of the country rose from being a very humble vice governor to governor of his state, to vice president, to acting president, to president and president. Can you compare that to the over hyped Obama story? Let’s be honest to ourselves please. If people refuse to recognize the handwork of God in Goodluck Jonathan’s life and also tap into it, I myself do, and I tap into his blessing 

This man is the only man who has won a presidential election in Nigeria without the influence of party. You all would agree with me that if Goodluck Ebele Jonathan did contested for the post of presidency under “Fresh Democratic Party of Nigeria” in 2011 presidential race, he would have still won the presidential seat in a landslide win.

After June 12, 1992 election in which M. K. O. Abiola won the presidential race in a first free and fair election held in Nigeria since independence, April 16, 2011 presidential election that brought Goodluck Ebele Jonathan into power as Nigeria’s president, was the second free and fair presidential election ever held in Nigeria, in which a presidential candidate won the heart of both old and young Nigerians of all tribe.

Now, you may be wondering- what are the great things President Goodluck Jonathan’s regime has done to eradicate unemployment and poverty in Nigeria? Please kindly exercise patience and read on…

We all could recall that in the past, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for an ordinary Nigerian graduate citizen to secure a job in the prestigious NNPC (Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation)and DPR (Department of Petroleum Resources), but Goodluck’s regime broke that unending yoke of you-must-know-somebody-to-work-in-NNPC-and-DPR.

For the very first time in the history of Nigeria, NNPC conducted a very free and fair mass recruitment in 2010/2011 (which the bad eggs did all they could to stop it from being free and fair, saying not everybody is supposed to work in NNPC and DPR, so that they and their family members alone would occupy those offices as their monarch), in which so many Nigerian youths who never dreamt of working close to NNPC and DPR, saw themselves inducted as full staff of NNPC and DPR, can someone please give Goodluck a thunderous applause

As if that was not enough, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan instructed all government ministries and parastatal heads to go back to their ministries and look for a way to create mass jobs for the teeming population of unemployed Nigerian youths. This instruction led to the birth of so many recruitments in government ministries and agencies you had been applying for and also benefitting from- NAFDAC, NHIS, NPF, MILITARY, AIR FORCE, NYSC, INEC, NIMC, NSCDC, PENCOM, CBN, NIMASA, CUSTOM, FERMA, etc.

And in an effort to ensure that no section of the population is left out, he and his financial index suppliers initiated the SURE-P programme that has empowered so many youths to become employers of labor through entrepreneurship empowerment.

Under Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s regime, many giant industries that employed uncountable numbers of Nigerians have sprang up.

He commissioned the first can making company in Nigeria- GZI, owned by some Israeli investors, and located at Agbara Industial Estate, Ogun State. He commissioned an armored vehicle assembling plant recently in Ogun State. During his regime, INNOSON Motors (IVM) commissioned their first vehicle manufacturing plant in Anambra State. He commissioned a multi-billion naira Dangote Group cement plant at Obajana. And so many more that I wouldn’t want to bore you with right now, and all these owe tribute to his resolution to improve, and increase Nigeria’s power generation wattage to encourage more industries to spring up.

Instead of our citizens to encourage and support this God-sent man, they are busy doing everything they can to bring him down by all means and strategy.

For instance, our northern brothers who have beaten their chests that they must destroy their own land, and this always left me pondering how they feel destroying their own land and killing their own people in the name of trying to destabilize a government they do not like? Are there not other ways to oppose a government one do not approve other than killing and destruction?

Can’t Nigerians see that Goodluck Jonathan is a God sent president to Nigeria? Have we ever had a president that listens to the voice of the people like Goodluck Jonathan? My people, don’t be brainwashed, Goodluck Jonathan’s oppositions know their plan, and it is not to change Nigeria into a sudden paradise like you all think; it is to enrich their dubious pockets as usual. In fact, they are angry that Goodluck has blocked all the evil ways they formerly use to siphon money from Nigeria and Nigerians.

Under Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s regime we have witnessed a total turnaround in our sea ports operation modules- in case you don’t know, there is no more delays of days and months in clearing your goods from the popular Lagos seaport, and this was as a result of an instruction and committee Goodluck setup to tackle that pressing issue that affects every Nigerian.

Remember, I am not a member of any political party, neither am I working with Jonathan, but I have eyes, I have people in government, and I know some industrialists too, and they all are commending Jonathan, but the opposition keep painting him evil to prevent Nigerians from seeing his good deeds. Please let’s wake up before this people ruin our nation.

In which other country do we see every citizen criticizing and cursing their president publicly aside Nigeria? Can’t we ever try and see some of the wonderful things this man is doing? Must we be quick to condemn and capitalize on his flaws as if there exist a president without flaws?
Everyone praises President Obama as if he is the best president in the world, not knowing that Obama is only functioning because there is good structure and pathway already set before his arrival. And in fact, I can boldly tell you all that even the dumbest man would still function excellently as an American president because of the excellent structures on ground, but we Nigerians want one man to perform a magic in a twinkle of an eye, how?

Did corruption in Nigeria start during Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s regime? Have we all forgotten how Babangida, Abacha, Abdulsalami, and Obasanjo looted our treasury funds and left Nigerians to suffer? What evil has Jonathan done to Nigerians to deserve all these hatred? Was he the one that initiated Boko Haram? In case we don’t know, Boko Haram (Western Education is Forbidden) started during Yaradua’s regime, and were operating underground until Jonathan’s oppositions decided to use it as a tool to destabilize Jonathan’s regime and make it ungovernable, and we still expect Jonathan to perform magic, how?

Before I go, let me leave you all with this phrase: “No one singular person or president will change Nigeria and turn it into our fantasy land; Nigeria can only change for good when all Nigerians decide without looking back, to change Nigeria as a society free from tribalism and religious bigotism”, and you can quote me anywhere, anytime. God bless Nigerians, and may God bless and help Nigeria.
Re: Grt Things President GEJ Has Done To Eradicate Unemployment & Poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:52am On May 15, 2013
God bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. God Nigeria and Us all.
Re: Grt Things President GEJ Has Done To Eradicate Unemployment & Poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:57am On May 15, 2013
The Economy

- Improvement in Economic Indices - In October 2011 International Ratings agency, Fitch Ratings revised the country’s Outlook upwards from Negative to Stable.

- Standard and Poor’s another internationally respected and independent ratings agency, revised Nigeria's ratings from stable to Positive.

- Signing into law the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Bill 2010 (Local Content Bill) which has increased Local Content in the Oil and Gas sector.

- As a direct result of that law Royal Dutch Shell awarded a N7.8 billion ($49.9 million) contract to a Nigerian firm, S.C.C Limited, for the manufacture of high pressure line pipes that would otherwise have been awarded to a foreign firm.

- As a result of this law, Exxon Mobil awarded an off shore platform contract to a local firm, NigerDockNig. PLC that would otherwise have been awarded to a foreign firm.

- Initiating the Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF). A seed capital of $1 billion was provided to kick start the fund as well as establish three sub funds- the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund; the Future Generations Fund and the Stabilization Fund which will be the pillars of the SWF.

- Launched the Youth Enterprise with innovation in Nigeria (YOUWIN) initiative on the 11th October 2011 which is the administration's job creation centre piece.

- On Thursday April 12, 2012, 1,200 Nigerian youths emerged winners of the competition following a transparent process. Each winner receives a business start up grant of between 1 to 10 million Naira.

- Foreign exchange reserves rose to $37.02bn by May 14, 2012, the highest level in 21 months.

- On March 29th, 2011, The UK Government in London described Nigeria as the fourth fastest growing economy in the world.

- On February 13 2012, President Goodluck Jonathan launched the Public Works Women and Youth Empowerment Programme, an intervention programme designed to employ 370,000 youths in the year 2012 with 30% of those jobs being reserved for women.

- The Federal Government under President Jonathan has secured investment commitments worth 4.89 Trillion Naira.

- Launched the NigComSat-1Rsatellite which will help expand Internet Bandwidth, monitor the weather and provide early warning to prevent natural disasters like floods, crop monitoring and urban planning. It has the attendant benefit of reducing the over $1 billion spent in purchasing Internet Bandwidth from abroad.

- Nigeria’s banking industry rescued and stabilized by the establishment of the Asset Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON) in the year 2010.

- MasterCard made Nigeria its regional headquarters for its West/East and Indian Ocean islands zone raising the profile of Nigeria’s e-commerce industry.

- Nigeria’s GDP grew by a record 8.29% during the last quarter of 2010 and by over 7% in 2011. In the first quarter of 2012 Nigeria had verifiably become the fourth fastest growing economy in the world as recently attested to by several multilateral bodies and trading partners.

- Revival of the Textile industry via the 150 billion Naira Textile Industry Bailout. As a result the United Nigerian Textile Limited was reactivated amongst others and 2000 employees re-engaged.

- Non oil exports from 2010 (standing at $2.3 Billion) and subsequent years are ten times what they were in 2000 (which were $200 Million) as a direct result of this administration’s intervention in the Textile Industry and Real Sector.

Courtesy of: GEJ Achievement Facebook Page
Re: Grt Things President GEJ Has Done To Eradicate Unemployment & Poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:59am On May 15, 2013
God's Mercy:
God bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. God bless Nigeria and Us all.
and may God bless you too smiley
Re: Grt Things President GEJ Has Done To Eradicate Unemployment & Poverty In Nigeria by raphead: 9:04am On May 15, 2013
we don hear all una campaign.but we still gonna vote him out.lobatan.
Re: Grt Things President GEJ Has Done To Eradicate Unemployment & Poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:11am On May 15, 2013
raphead: we don hear all una campaign.but we still gonna vote him out.lobatan.
I am not here for campaign or whatsoever, I only want Nigerians to stop being misled and see some positive things Jonathan is doing. But mark my word- that person you want to vote, can never change Nigeria in a twinkle of an eye. Nigeria needs our collective efforts to change...not a singular effort. America has not been able to effectively stop external and internal terrorism, then to talk of Nigeria that Nigerians themselves decided to destroy their own nation, and we still keep waiting on a president to stop such stupidity cry cry cry cry
Re: Grt Things President GEJ Has Done To Eradicate Unemployment & Poverty In Nigeria by blacksta(m): 9:14am On May 15, 2013
bull sh1t
Re: Grt Things President GEJ Has Done To Eradicate Unemployment & Poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23am On May 15, 2013
Fantastic thread. However, I disagree with the statement "In which other country do we see EVERY citizen criticizing and cursing their president publicly aside Nigeria?" It is not EVERY citizen of Nigeria that is criticizing and cursing our president. I am a Nigerian and I dont curse my president and I'm sure most Nigerians dont curse their president.

However, those who relentlessly criticise and curse the president are the FEW but NOISY hateful APC e-warriors. The hateful APC e-warriors think that by unleashing curses and calling the president derogatory names, they can help their masters win 2015. Unknown to them, they'r doing more damage to the unregistered APC.

1 Like

Re: Grt Things President GEJ Has Done To Eradicate Unemployment & Poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:28am On May 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Fantastic thread. However, I disagree with the statement "In which other country do we see EVERY citizen criticizing and cursing their president publicly aside Nigeria?" It is not EVERY citizen of Nigeria that is criticizing and cursing our president. I am a Nigerian and I dont curse my president and I'm sure most Nigerians dont curse their president.

However, those who relentlessly criticise and curse the president are the FEW but NOISY hateful APC e-warriors. The hateful APC e-warriors think that by unleashing curses and calling the president derogatory names, they can help their masters win 2015. Unknown to them, they're doing more damage to the unregistered APC.
glad to see people like you, stay blessed. But the bolded got me rolling on the floor....and sorry I have to laugh it off... cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Checkout Old Picture Of President Goodluck Jonathan / Presidency Makes First Official Statement On NGF, Rivers Crises / Boy Hanged On Arik Airplane Wheels From Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.