Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,496 members, 7,770,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:54 AM

Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral (45995 Views)

HORRIFIC: Man Wakes Up To Find A Massive Crocodile Under The Bed (PHOTOS) / Man Wakes-up To Find Dog Eating His Testicles / 'Dead' Woman Comes Back To Life At Her Funeral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by nerfetiti: 2:51pm On May 15, 2013
Mourners at a funeral in Zimbabwe were stunned when the dead man woke up as they filed by his coffin, state media reported today.

Brighton Dama Zanthe, 34, was being laid to rest inside a coffin last Monday after he apparently died at his home following a long illness.

The transport worker's grieving family covered his body with blankets and made arrangements to transfer him to a local mortuary, according to a report in the Herald newspaper.

But the next day Mr Zanthe's friends and relatives scattered in disbelief when he started moving as they filed past to say their emotional goodbyes.

The dead man's boss Lot Gaka told the Herald of the moment he realised his employee was still alive.

He said: 'I was the first to notice Zanthe's moving legs as I was in the queue to view his body. This shocked me.

'At first I could not believe my eyes but later realised that there was indeed some movements on the body as other mourners retreated in disbelief.'

Mr Gaka, who runs a bus company in the midlands city of Gweru, told the newspaper Mr Zanthe had been persistently unwell before his 'death' last week.

He told how he visited the family's home to offer support when his employee's wife called to say he had passed away.

He said: 'Zanthe had been on sick leave for some time and everyone at work was aware that he was critical.

'We would visit him at his home.

'I was not surprised when I received a call from Zanthe's wife on Monday night last week saying that her husband had died.'

He added: 'I visited two local funeral parlours for quotations before I drove to Zanthe's house so that we could take the body to the mortuary.

'Zanthe's body had already been put in a coffin and people were preparing to conduct a body viewing procession so that his body could be taken to a mortuary.

'It was during the body viewing procession that he "resurrected".'

Another witness told the state-controlled newspaper how the family desperately pulled blankets off Mr Zanthe's body to try to revive him after realising he was still alive.

He said: 'Gaka later removed some blankets from Zanthe's body after we noticed some movements and this was when we all realised that there was still life.

'We then called an ambulance which came within seven minutes.

'It's really a miracle and most people are still in disbelief.'

The Herald, which is owned by Zimbabwe's government, reported that Mr Zanthe spent two days on life support after being rushed to the Gweru Provincial Hospital following the incident.

He was discharged last week and has since returned home.

The shaken family man told the newspaper he had only a hazy recollection of the event.

He said: 'This issue can be best told by people who came to my house to attend my funeral.

'I don't know what happened and I only remember being on a life support system in hospital.'

He added: 'Everything is history to me.

'What I can only confirm is that people gathered at my house to mourn but I was given another chance and I am alive. I feel okay now.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2324292/Mourners-flee-funeral-deceased-wakes-coffin.html

Zimbabwe has been known for their zombies. What would you do if a loved one came back from the dead at their funeral?

SOURCE : http://.com/2013/05/man-awakes-from-dead-at-funeral.html

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by momodub: 3:41pm On May 15, 2013
grin amen goodnews for once on nairaland oya make them turn the dirth certificate to birth or ressuraction certificate

27 Likes

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 15, 2013
film trick
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by eDontey1(m): 3:42pm On May 15, 2013
Wonders shall never end

Reminds me of nollywood movies

1 Like

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 15, 2013
ZOMBIE grin grin CUZ DIZ IS THRILLA THRILLA NIGHT

2 Likes

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by obicentlis: 3:43pm On May 15, 2013
I wish my dad had this miracle.

27 Likes

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 15, 2013
Hmmn wonderful
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by Okijajuju: 3:45pm On May 15, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by Krasid(m): 3:46pm On May 15, 2013
*falls off a bench*grin
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by 3hunna: 3:47pm On May 15, 2013
OLD NEWS JARE

1 Like

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by angelz(f): 3:47pm On May 15, 2013
He must have been unconscious. Cus l don’t understand how a dead man, can come to life.
The pple dat certified his death didn’t do dia homework thoroughly.
He's fortunate to not have been placed 6 feet already.

4 Likes

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 15, 2013
If people pass on, have the death verified by a medical doctor. Sometimes, even doctors pronounce people dead and they wake up in the morgue. The errors are reduced though if certified by a medical profession. Imagine if the gut woke up after being buried!!

2 Likes

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by Kaxmytex(m): 3:48pm On May 15, 2013
[size=28pt]o boi....who wan stay?
If na me,i go tear race leave mah shadow 4 d place o
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by bebe2(f): 3:49pm On May 15, 2013
Which good news? Dem don cure the critical illness?
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by toygod2: 3:50pm On May 15, 2013
na lasarus of our time be dat grin

1 Like

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by Fabulousmark(m): 3:50pm On May 15, 2013
Many people want this miracle. But God shows mercy to whom he wishes

10 Likes

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 15, 2013
grin
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by Truckpusher(m): 3:52pm On May 15, 2013
momodub: grin amen goodnews for once on nairaland oya make them turn the dirth certificate to birth or ressuraction certificate
Abi o! Resurrection cert is a fine idea. grin grin grin
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by kokoye(m): 3:53pm On May 15, 2013
He wasnt dead in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by AroOkigbo(m): 3:54pm On May 15, 2013
obicentlis: I wish my dad had this miracle.
me too...how I wish my wife did same thing.

4 Likes

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by AroOkigbo(m): 3:54pm On May 15, 2013
obicentlis: I wish my dad had this miracle.
me too...how I wished my wife did same thing.

1 Like

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 15, 2013
We then called an ambulance which came within seven
minutes.

I wonder if dis can happen in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by patrickstone(m): 3:55pm On May 15, 2013
Call me for enq
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by dridowu: 3:55pm On May 15, 2013
Ko ju mari ibi
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by dridowu: 3:56pm On May 15, 2013
Ko ju mari ibi gbogbo ara logun eeeeeeeeee

3 Likes

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by danny301: 3:56pm On May 15, 2013
That miracle of Resurrection is nothing compared to that of our first lady ( Patience Jonathan) who resurrected after 7 days.

1 Like

Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by Queendo(f): 3:57pm On May 15, 2013
Goodnews, lets all learn frm dis story, not everybody wil be given d opportunity to amend their ways.
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by GoodSamaritan: 3:59pm On May 15, 2013
Thank God
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by abatajjvii: 4:00pm On May 15, 2013
good news check your way, the next time you might not return back hell or heaven na the next point
Re: Dead Man Wakes Up At His Funeral by chadef: 4:00pm On May 15, 2013
Wonders, death is like sleep, if he ever remembers anything wen dead, all wud just be a dream

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Explosion Rocks Lebanon's Capital, Beirut / Donald Trump Signs On A Woman's Chest During Campaign Visit In Iowa (Pics) / America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.