Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess (38876 Views)

Watch How A White Woman Embraced The Yoruba Culture And Became A Priestess / One Yr After The Exit Of The Osun Priestess / The White Priestess Of 'black Magic' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:05pm On May 22, 2013
^^^^^^^^^haha I love this video, especially the cute girl introducing hersef @ the end! cheesy
Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by EmmyDe25(m): 7:11pm On May 22, 2013
wellmax: Priestess Suzanne Wenger abeg which year Arsene Wenger go win trophy, please prophesy.
That was what i thought the post was actually all about.
Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by GooseBaba: 8:03pm On May 22, 2013
Me think mostly city dwellers or straight up inferior African are the ones that demonize or ridicule the African culture/ traditions ..
Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

that is not our history. We are descendants of free-men. Amazigh as the Tuareg people say.

We should start considering ourselves as such and input some pride and dignity in ourselves. only then we will be able to crush our enemies and scorners. wink
lol ok
Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

The Yorubas never sold their own people. They sold criminals and POWs from other tribes. THey did not know what would be the status of the slaves once they got into oyinbo hands and how they would be treated. The concept of slavery in Africa was very different from the oyinbo one. Even Arabs treat their slaves better.

You are right though. Todays Yorubas have attempted to sell of everything. but we must not deny that Yorubas are the only tribe here in Nigeria with the greatest Traditionalist population and they have preserved most of the knowledge. This has given them worldwide acclaim.
i dnt know much abt yoruba history, am only refering to africans generally. The fact that we allow ourselves to be captured and sold into slavery. Imagine, no country in west africa refused to be colonized or continue their way of life while they learn one or two things from the whites like china and some asian countries. By the way the crimials sold by the yorubas were also blacks which doesnt make any difference
Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:41pm On May 22, 2013
GooseBaba: Me think mostly city dwellers or straight up inferior African are the ones that demonize or ridicule the African culture/ traditions ..

just say christians and muslims. Im talking about the religious ones, not the ones who are born as christian/muslim, but don;t follow it strictly.
Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:45pm On May 22, 2013
9jadelta: By the way the crimials sold by the yorubas were also blacks which doesnt make any difference

you are again getting driven by African-American concepts and sentiments. Here in Africa, it is different. We are not racists. we hardly care for skin colour. What matters here is tribal lineage. From the Yoruba perspective, they don't care for any other tribes. What matters is the survival and benifit of their own people, which is right and which is the reason what tribes are meant for anyways. As for sympathy based on skin colour, forget it. The Early Pagan Africans welcomed the colonizers and missionaries with open arms and hospitality. Little did they know that they would be taken advantage of in such a cruel way. For them skin colour hardly matterd. SKin colour is just a phenotype that can change with time and conditions. What matters is Tribe & Ethnicity. Even Nationality (which can change due to the current political scenario) doesn't matter as much as tribe/ethnicity.

2 Likes

Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by pouch(f): 9:17pm On May 22, 2013
this is the kind of writeup I wish to see on NL always.
@OP nice piece, pls keep them coming.this is the kind of writeup I wish to see on NL always.
@OP nice piece, pls keep them coming.
this is the kind of writeup I wish to see on NL always.
@OP nice piece, pls keep them coming.

2 Likes

Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by isalegan2: 9:21pm On May 22, 2013
9jadelta: i dnt know much abt yoruba history, am only refering to africans generally. The fact that we allow ourselves to be captured and sold into slavery. Imagine, no country in west africa refused to be colonized or continue their way of life while they learn one or two things from the whites like china and some asian countries. By the way the crimials sold by the yorubas were also blacks which doesnt make any difference

No African fought slavery and colonisation? What do you think happened to this Benin king when he fought?

[img]http://revealinghistories.org.uk/inc/img.php/tpl/uploads/images/galleries/403/kingofbenin1.jpg/371/1/fill[/img]
http://revealinghistories.org.uk/legacies-commemorating-the-bicentenary-of-british-abolition/objects/ovonramwen-oba-of-benin.html

Every African tribe fought invasion and imperialism! Igbos fought. Yorubas fought. Asante people of Ghana fought. Berbers in North Africa fought. Tribes in Algeria fought the French. Everyone fought!!!11

1 Like

Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by Abiyamo: 9:52pm On May 22, 2013
Ovonramwen N'Ogbaisi! Great King!
isale_gan2:

No African fought slavery and colonisation? What do you think happened to this Benin king when he fought?

[img]http://revealinghistories.org.uk/inc/img.php/tpl/uploads/images/galleries/403/kingofbenin1.jpg/371/1/fill[/img]
http://revealinghistories.org.uk/legacies-commemorating-the-bicentenary-of-british-abolition/objects/ovonramwen-oba-of-benin.html

Every African tribe fought invasion and imperialism! Igbos fought. Yorubas fought. Asante people of Ghana fought. Berbers in North Africa fought. Tribes in Algeria fought the French. Everyone fought!!!11

Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:57pm On May 22, 2013
All Yorubas who wish to reconvert to Ifa-Orisha Religion: https://www.nairaland.com/1197881/yoruba-religious-rennaisance-babalawo-olowoyo

1 Like

Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by isalegan2: 10:34pm On May 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^^^^^^haha I love this video, especially the cute girl introducing hersef @ the end! cheesy

this is good too. more sango/bata dancing. 2:05-2:45 awesome!
i think there's some ogun praises after that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw-tHBLMr4U

2 Likes

Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by Sanboy25: 10:43pm On May 22, 2013

Way too long.
I didn't read. undecided
Sorry. embarassed
Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 22, 2013
GIMME A BREAK
SHE IS A CRAZY WOMAN
IN HER COUNTRY SHE WOULDA
BEEN IN A IN A STRAIT JACKET
OR IN A A LOONEYBIN
BUT OVER HERE IN THE LAND OF THE CRAZIES
SHE IS CELEBRATED.
Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by rxhush: 8:18am On May 23, 2013
cheesy
adaobi123:

cheesy grin
grin
adaobi123:

cheesy grin
Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by paparazzi1987(m): 1:23pm On May 23, 2013
Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by paparazzi1987(m): 1:23pm On May 23, 2013
Abiyamọ: After the marriage (which was quickly done so she could follow him), they set off to Nigeria. No, wait. They did not fly to Nigeria. They actually drove all the way across North Africa, past the Atlas Mountains in Morocco, through the stifling heat and chilly cold of the Sahara Desert. Finally, they reached in early 1950.

Please how can i get the map they used in navigating through these places ?
I need to move out of 9ja as fast as possible.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by isalegan2: 1:06am On May 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
All Yorubas who wish to reconvert to Ifa-Orisha Religion: https://www.nairaland.com/1197881/yoruba-religious-rennaisance-babalawo-olowoyo
PAGAN 9JA:

. . . Yorubas are the only tribe here in Nigeria with the greatest Traditionalist population and they have preserved most of the knowledge. This has given them worldwide acclaim.

Very true. Especially of Brazilians and Latin Americans in general. For example, there are tons of videos on you-tube showing descendants of Yorubas all over the world attempting to keep the traditions alive. I was even doing a totally unrelated search, and found this:

"Aguanile is a Yoruba word (A language from west africa). In salsa it stems from the Afro-Cuban religion called Santería. You hear it (and other santería phrases) a lot in Cuban salsa. Most often you hear the full phrase "Aguanile mai mai" and it is part of the toque for the saint (orisha) Oggun."
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070815082845AApXq0V
and
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/lounge/36941-aguanile.html

2 Likes

Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by nep2ra(m): 9:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

MINE TOO! I am Hausa and I have my own Gods, but on one of my examination day, a Babalawo friend of mine gave me a concotion recipe and he too made the same in his place. Then on the said exam day, we both drank it at the same time. (I was abroad @ that time). Before drinking it , we prayed to Orunmilla over the concoction. And then my exams went very well, even though I had studied the day before.

Never knew PAGAN 9JA is Hausa!!! shocked
Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by MamiWata: 4:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
Babzilla: GIMME A BREAK
SHE IS A CRAZY WOMAN
IN HER COUNTRY SHE WOULDA
BEEN IN A IN A STRAIT JACKET
OR IN A A LOONEYBIN
BUT OVER HERE IN THE LAND OF THE CRAZIES
SHE IS CELEBRATED.

I think it's simultaneously sad and hilarious that this thread is made celebrating an oyinbo celebrating Orishas when the same forum regularly denounces Nigerians who do the same thing. It is a reminder that most black people won't even take a step unless they think oyinbos will approve of the direction. Soyinka is most disappointing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
A garden was named after her in U.I
Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
1 of her adopted daughter:
Yinka Davies' Sister?
Re: Suzanne Wenger: Nigeria’s Mystical Priestess by beautycrush24(f): 1:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
Watch the full movie about Susanne Wenger for FREE on https://www.nairaland.com/1291421/suzanne-wenger-nigerias-mystical-priestess

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A List Of Yoruba Charms And Their Uses / THE OMUEDA - The Virgin Boys Of The Oba Of Benin / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi And His 7 Wives Step Out Together (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.