Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? (10612 Views)

LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi / Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere / Whos Are Ugliest Female Politicians, Post Their Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 15, 2013
Will NTA (nigeria Television Authority) Ever Improve Their Pictures?

this is 21st century for goodness sake

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22533974

2 Likes

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 15, 2013
do people still watch NTA?? nawaoo!
I remember one funny sound track before network news back in the days.

1 Like

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by mickyarams: 6:01pm On May 15, 2013
It's really sad we call ourselves the giant of africa and our national tv is crap, everything about nta's production is crap. What drives me crazy is that stupid tune they play before the news and the humming sound you hear in the background.

5 Likes

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Afam4eva(m): 6:09pm On May 15, 2013
NTA is still living in the past. Their pictures of 2013 looks like something that was filmed before NIgeria gained independence. That's what you get when you employ federal character in an industry that is supposed to be managed by technocrats. If we want to move forward as a Nation, we must do away with this disease called "Federal character".

20 Likes

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by IB5(f): 6:22pm On May 15, 2013
Ever since we(Ibadan) handed it over to Nigeria, it has gotten worse undecided
Imagine the first TV station in Africa now the poorest TV station undecided

Thanks to Awo for bringing TV to Africa sha kiss

9 Likes

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by IB5(f): 6:37pm On May 15, 2013
Afam4eva: NTA is still living in the past. Their pictures of 2013 looks like something that was filmed before NIgeria gained independence. That's what you get when you employ federal character in an industry that is supposed to be managed by technocrats. If we want to move forward as a Nation, we must do away with this disease called "Federal character".

"Federal Character"? I don't think so.
I blame the management team which indirectly is the federal government. Don't think outstanding television stations too don't practice the federal character thing to an extent. Channels TV, Galaxy TV, AIT also practice federal character if you take note but are well managed because they are private.
The country is so complex that if you don't practice federal character those who are not represented will term such station as a tribal one. Those stations I listed up there have workers: presenters, journalist, engineers from all major tribes if you do really watch them. They perform better despite using federal character because those managing them are intellectuals.
Not that I fancy whatever federal character, but if they are to be used they should be used wisely.

6 Likes

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by JameyMaxwell(m): 6:40pm On May 15, 2013
Me sef don tyre oooh. When will nta be like cnn or bbc?
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by IB5(f): 6:46pm On May 15, 2013
Jamey Maxwell: Me sef don tyre oooh. When will nta be like cnn or bbc?

That is even too much for now, they should reach the level of Channels TV, Galaxy TV etc that are local TV first. My state local tv station(B.C.O.S) here in Ib is far better almost in all aspects.

NTA needs to grow up undecided

1 Like

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Afam4eva(m): 6:50pm On May 15, 2013
I-B.:

"Federal Character"? I don't think so.
I blame the management team which indirectly is the federal government. Don't think outstanding television stations too don't practice the federal character thing to an extent Channels TV, Galaxy TV, AIT also practice federal character if you take note but are well managed because they are private.
The country is so complex that if you don't practice federal character those who are not represented will term such station as a tribal one. Those stations I listed up there have workers: presenters, journalist, engineers from all major tribes if you do really watch them. They perform better despite using federal character because those managing them are intellectuals.
Not that I fancy whatever federal character, but if they are to be used they should be used wisely.
There's no federal character in those private stations. It's a business enterprise, so they employ the best or at least the better.

2 Likes

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by IB5(f): 7:00pm On May 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
There's no federal character in those private stations. It's a business enterprise, so they employ the best or at least the better.

But used federal character to select the best from each tribe.

4 Likes

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by JameyMaxwell(m): 7:00pm On May 15, 2013
I have a dream• With good management,better service, improved technology . . . Nta will be ranked on the same level with its counter-parts by 2020•
Nw,they just need re-branding• Datz all•
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Inik(m): 8:42pm On May 15, 2013
Same thing with radio Nigeria. There is this annoying weezy sound that is associated with the 7am, 4pm and 10pm network news. Some of these government organizations are not well funded. Even the ones that are funded the bosses at the top are only interested in what they can corner their pockets, it is all part of the rot in the federal civil service.

2 Likes

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by redsun(m): 8:50pm On May 15, 2013
mikeansy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22533974

this is 21st century for goodness sake

What about the volume?Listening them is harmful to ears,no matter the volume level.It is eithertoo low or uncontrollably loud.Same as ben tv that is suppose to based in london where up to date broadcasting technology is at everyone's reach.

And can someone tell me why someone has to subscribe to NTA in England?What have to got to offer that one should pay for?

1 Like

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Rossikk(m): 8:57pm On May 15, 2013
There is an ongoing nationwide digitalization programme to cover all broadcasting, and this is due for launching in 2014 or so. The infrastructural work has been ongoing for about three years now. When its done, ALL our channels WILL be 'like CNN'. Right now we use the old analogue systems in broadcasting which accounts for the low quality nature of the feeds across all stations including the so-called 'good' ones like Channels TV.

4 Likes

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by mensdept: 9:51pm On May 15, 2013
Rossikk: There is an ongoing nationwide digitalization programme to cover all broadcasting, and this is due for launching in 2014 or so. The infrastructural work has been ongoing for about three years now.

By 2015 it will be the same crap day in day out. Please, no more apologies

1 Like

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 15, 2013
feels like they have a vuvuzela playing in the background!

5 Likes

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by automaticcarzz: 10:35pm On May 15, 2013
I had NTA Plus through Globecast World Tv in the U.S but I removed the satellite because my wife hated seeing it or listening to the sound. What a waste called NTA! Watching it is like having a nightmare in your sleep.

3 Likes

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Afam4eva(m): 10:37pm On May 15, 2013
mikeansy: feels like they have a vuvuzela playing in the background!
Lol
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 15, 2013
GEJ looks duller than usual
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 15, 2013
When will they ever change that silly news theme I grew up hearing every night?

1 Like

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by bb4522(m): 11:40pm On May 15, 2013
HNosegbe: When will they ever change that silly news theme I grew up hearing every night?
Lol Tune abi theme
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 15, 2013
bb4522:
Lol Tune abi theme

Lol... Too much of seasonal movies I guess.
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by DisGuy: 11:47pm On May 15, 2013
No website till date

the biggest tv station cant stream news/videos online? even with 'free' youtube
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by kokoA(m): 12:14am On May 16, 2013
Two things I hate about nta. 1. Their logo 2. Network news
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Afam4eva(m): 9:31am On May 16, 2013
Imagine a TV station having this logo in 2013

4 Likes

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by slimming: 9:34am On May 16, 2013
Digitalisatin will force them to improve soon.
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by dridowu: 9:35am On May 16, 2013
Best TV station ?
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Nobody: 9:37am On May 16, 2013
Dt logo is really ugly tho...but NTA is a reflection of everything nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by Nobody: 9:37am On May 16, 2013
and to think its owned by government, The richest entity.
Re: Will NTA Ever Improve Their Pictures? by moscobabs(m): 9:37am On May 16, 2013
Na only picture u see.wat about the Old newscasters.I wonder why nigeria will be doing the same thing and expecting diffrent result

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ganduje Inspects Kano Independent Power Project / I Will Continue To Reposition Police, Judiciary – Buhari / Reminisces And Reflections On Leadership And Failure: Akpabio As Metaphor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.