Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,522 members, 7,958,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:52 PM

Tell Me What Make's A Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tell Me What Make's A Man (813 Views)

Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? / What Can Make A Happily Married Woman Sleep With Another Man? / What Make A Legitimate Marriage In The Face Of The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Me What Make's A Man by sampitts(m): 8:22pm On May 15, 2013
so many people have so many different ideas about what makes a man a man and theses can be really confusing? Is it the amount of money one has, the degree of maturity shown, the ability to take responsiblity for wife and children? What do you think makes a man a man?
Re: Tell Me What Make's A Man by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 15, 2013
sampitts: so many people have so many different ideas about what makes a man a man and theses can be really confusing? Is it the amount of money one has, the degree of maturity shown, the ability to take responsiblity for wife and children? What do you think makes a man a man?

Not sure how you have framed your question, but any male human being above the age of 18 in Nigeria is called a man. In some countries the age is 21 and some as little as 16. Now if what you meant was a responsible and respectable man, then that is what you should ask.

What makes a man responsible and respectable is first of all not being a criminal and not being involved in criminal activities. So my first point is that it is not about money because men that make money through criminal means are not respectable to me no matter how much they have.

A responsible man should also be able to make his own decisions about his own life and what is best for him. It is not necessarily about getting and having children that makes you responsible and respectable. Some men choose not to get married or have children and they are still responsible and respectable.

A responsible man should also be financially capable of meeting his obligations and the obligations of those he is committed to. So if he has children and a wife, he should be financially capable of meeting their basic needs of accommodation, feeding and education. I will end here
Re: Tell Me What Make's A Man by greatgod2012(f): 3:12am On May 16, 2013
I will like to put the question this way.......

What makes a man a man

1. Maturity.
2. Sense of responsibility.
3. Ability to make decision and be able to stand with his decision.
4. Financial independence.
5. Sense of reasoning, no matter the age of a man, if he doesnt reason well, he would be addreesed like a kid.
6. Accurate sense of judgement.
7. Self control and self discipline.
8. Ability to control one's emotion.
9. Leadership quality.
10. Accountability
May God help our men.
Re: Tell Me What Make's A Man by Nobody: 11:35am On May 16, 2013
I concore with GG12

(1) (Reply)

Does He Really Look Like Saka? / Mom Almost Tore Off 6-year-old Son's Genitals, Tried To Superglue The Wound / Man Sues Wife Over Ugly Children And Judge Orders Wife To Pay Husband $120,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.