Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

4 Nigerians Shortlisted For 14th Caine Prize Award. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 4 Nigerians Shortlisted For 14th Caine Prize Award. (8095 Views)

Two Nigerians Nominated For 2015 Caine Prize For African Writing / Chimamanda's Comment About The Caine Prize Angers Writer / 2 Nigerians Shortlisted For Commonwealth Book Prize 2013! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Nigerians Shortlisted For 14th Caine Prize Award. by Chregor(m): 11:04am On May 16, 2013
These are folks dat deserves national honours, merit award and not, our protruding bellied politicians whose salaries alone is not enough for its maintenance. God bless Naija; my home,my pride.
Re: 4 Nigerians Shortlisted For 14th Caine Prize Award. by pmc01(m): 11:22am On May 16, 2013
Very impressive and inspiring. Congratulations to you and wishing you the best.
Re: 4 Nigerians Shortlisted For 14th Caine Prize Award. by AbuMikey(m): 11:39am On May 16, 2013
Good to know
Re: 4 Nigerians Shortlisted For 14th Caine Prize Award. by Daatlaw11(m): 11:39am On May 16, 2013
Datz nice for nigerians. But, why are writers queer? The other day I heard Chimmamanda doesn't make her hair with foreign products. Ngwui wa thiong refuses to speak English again prefering his mother tongue swahili. Chika unigwe married a white. Wole Shoyinka is an atheist...And on and on and on.

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerians Shortlisted For 14th Caine Prize Award. by page(m): 12:03pm On May 16, 2013
great news....congrats to them.....nigerians are great people...
Re: 4 Nigerians Shortlisted For 14th Caine Prize Award. by page(m): 12:05pm On May 16, 2013
Daatlaw11: Datz nice for nigerians. But, why are writers queer? The other day I heard Chimmamanda doesn't make her hair with foreign products. Ngwui wa thiong refuses to speak English again prefering his mother tongue swahili. Chika unigwe married a white. Wole Shoyinka is an atheist...And on and on and on.

someone has to be extraordinary to be great i guess.....normal people aint great.....check even the richest people...dey re all queer one way or the other
Re: 4 Nigerians Shortlisted For 14th Caine Prize Award. by Yujin(m): 12:15pm On May 16, 2013
Daatlaw11: Datz nice for nigerians. But, why are writers queer? The other day I heard Chimmamanda doesn't make her hair with foreign products. Ngwui wa thiong refuses to speak English again prefering his mother tongue swahili. Chika unigwe married a white. Wole Shoyinka is an atheist...And on and on and on.
You call it queer we call it seelf belief. Watch out fomr me after the demise of Nigeria
Re: 4 Nigerians Shortlisted For 14th Caine Prize Award. by Orikinla(m): 12:36pm On May 16, 2013
Jarus: This Elnathan John is one funny dude.

His blog cracks me up:

From his profile:

To his latest blog posts:

The guy funny die cheesy grin cheesy

http://elnathanjohn..com/

Congrats to him on his Caine nomination

His sense of humour rocks.
Re: 4 Nigerians Shortlisted For 14th Caine Prize Award. by Orikinla(m): 12:40pm On May 16, 2013
I have a very comprehensive report with the list of all previously shortlisted Nigerian authors who did not win, but later won bigger prizes and in fact are more famous than the winners, including Chimamanda Ngozi-Adichie, Sefi Atta and Uwem Akpan with some of the details of their bestselling books.

See the report on http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2013/05/chinelo-okparanta-and-three-other.html

Re: 4 Nigerians Shortlisted For 14th Caine Prize Award. by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 16, 2013
This is indeed a great news....been expecting this for long now....congrats...congrats!!! And in a related good news, 2 other Nigerian writers have been shortlisted for the 2013 Commonwealth Book Prize....congrats to our own!!! You can see details here> https://www.nairaland.com/1292500/2-nigerian-writers-shortlisted-commonwealth
Re: 4 Nigerians Shortlisted For 14th Caine Prize Award. by Mynd44: 1:29pm On May 16, 2013
Literature is a very difficult thing as it takes a lot both mentally and psychologically, a lot of successful people in literature are "queer" cos of this
Re: 4 Nigerians Shortlisted For 14th Caine Prize Award. by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 16, 2013
Congratulations!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Legend Of A Hustler - A Series / No Winners For 2016 Etisalat Flash Fiction / BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.