Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina (6329 Views)

Emir Of Kano Bails Out 40 Prisoners For N6.4m / 7 Kidnapped Sailors Freed In Nigeria / Governor’s Wife Pays Fines To Free 40 Prisoners In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by draogtech: 7:08am On May 16, 2013
The Committee on Prison Inmates Rehabilitation in Katsina State has released no fewer than 40 prison inmates, convicted on minor offences.

The Chairman of the committee, Abubakar Bindawa, said at the end of the committee’s visit to Musawa Prison that the committee visited 12 prisons.

Mr. Bindawa said that a pregnant woman was among those freed, adding that each of the inmates was given N10,000 to embark on small-scale businesses.

He said the gesture was to enable the ex-prisoners reunite with their family members and become decent citizens.

Read more here: http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/134526-40-prisoners-freed-in-katsina.html

1 Like

Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by Tolexander: 7:24am On May 16, 2013
I see!

Just go and verify the names of the fred inmates, you will realise most of them are relatives of the freedom givers!

4 Likes

Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by kennyonthrone(m): 7:29am On May 16, 2013
Uwewu.... Na 10,000 wey una gv dem go mk dem bcome decent citizens....we'll its a gud tin dd ve bin set free atleast dis wil help decongest our prison,oda states should follow suite
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by Jaideyone(m): 7:33am On May 16, 2013
Tolexander: I see!

Just go and verify the names of the fred inmates, you will realise most of them are relatives of the freedom givers!
I don't think so. I'm sure these are people that i've spent several years awaiting trial over minor offenses. For example someone that stole 10,000 naira phone but still awaiting trial after 5years deserves to be released IMHO.

2 Likes

Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by captainbraide: 8:14am On May 16, 2013
THE ONE WEY GET BELLE,HOW SHE TAKE GET AM..I HOOPE SAY FOUL NEVER PLAY ON DAT ONE OOO!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by pure123: 9:22am On May 16, 2013
nawah ooo....niger 4 real..........abi dem b HARAM BOKO members?
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by SORTER: 9:25am On May 16, 2013
GOOD DEED!....KUDOS

1 Like

Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by stankezzy: 9:29am On May 16, 2013
captainbraide: THE ONE WEY GET BELLE,HOW SHE TAKE GET AM..I HOOPE SAY FOUL NEVER PLAY ON DAT ONE OOO!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry
ask google or the prison officials.
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by dridowu: 9:29am On May 16, 2013
I hope they will not boko haram ?
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by Occurstaem(m): 9:29am On May 16, 2013
All of them should please turn a new leaf.But by the way how come there is a pregnant woman among those freed prisoners or she has been pregnant before she was jailed?
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by slimming: 9:37am On May 16, 2013
Offenses that would have warrant monetary penalty will be taken as a big one and while big crime are often compensated with minor punishment.
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by mrofficial(m): 9:40am On May 16, 2013
Before I opened this topic, I actually thought they were freed by Boko-Haram grin

1 Like

Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by highlandre(m): 9:40am On May 16, 2013
I'm impressed by this gesture, particularly with the token given to these ex inmates.

I'm disappointed in the commentator that says the N10,000 given to these people can't help them. For your information, in comparative terms, N10,000 in Katsina is as big as N50,000 in Lagos. Therefore, it will assist them in transporting themselves back home, buying drugs (if need be), and definitely, feeding for some time.

To the freed prisoners, go and sin no more!
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by Annie2gud(f): 9:59am On May 16, 2013
Freedom is a cherished commodity.if u dont value it,wait until u loose it.few out,more in.
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by Tolexander: 10:08am On May 16, 2013
Jaidey-one:

I don't think so. I'm sure these are people that i've spent several years awaiting trial over minor offenses. For example someone that stole 10,000 naira phone but still awaiting trial after 5years deserves to be released IMHO.
in news like this, you can only know what they want you to know from the statement released.
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by lumeneng22: 10:36am On May 16, 2013
kennyonthrone: Uwewu.... Na 10,000 wey una gv dem go mk dem bcome decent citizens....we'll its a gud tin dd ve bin set free atleast dis wil help decongest our prison,oda states should follow suite
.Ma broda! B4 they get to their family N10k don finish o.
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by edgideon(m): 10:55am On May 16, 2013
hey hey,then go still do strolling come back 2 der former prison rooms
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by nairalad: 10:56am On May 16, 2013
mr.official:
Before I opened this topic, I actually thought they were freed by Boko-Haram grin

^
Same here. We are used to hearing Boko Haran attacking prisons and setting free their comrades cheesy

What should they do with N10,000 again? business?
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by babadem2much(m): 11:00am On May 16, 2013
we sef get wahala fr dis nija, dem free dem give dem ten k we complain, dem no free dem we complain. Watof if na koboko dem give dem as dey release dem wetin we fr de tok nau?
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by Nobody: 11:01am On May 16, 2013
I hope some bh boys have not been switched with thos deserving of freedom.............. #justhoping#
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by nairalad: 11:03am On May 16, 2013
highlandre: I'm impressed by this gesture, particularly with the token given to these ex inmates.

I'm disappointed in the commentator that says the N10,000 given to these people can't help them. For your information, in comparative terms, N10,000 in Katsina is as big as N50,000 in Lagos. Therefore, it will assist them in transporting themselves back home, buying drugs (if need be), and definitely, feeding for some time.

^
N10,000 in Katsina equals to N50,000 in Lagos? Abeg! park well jo. Which Lagos?
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by kennyonthrone(m): 11:13am On May 16, 2013
highlandre: I'm impressed by this gesture, particularly with the token given to these ex inmates.

read btw lines neva said it won't help dem I said it aint enough 2 mk dem decent citizens.
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by Nobody: 11:27am On May 16, 2013
Its a good development. Its rehabilitation processes like these that makes the foreign prison policies enviable. . . By the way, I hope it's not a reinforcement for Boko Haram o!!! The pregnant woman could be a cover-up plan to kill suspicion. . . You never can tell!!!
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by AbuMikey(m): 11:40am On May 16, 2013
Ok!Nice
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by MrCork: 11:51am On May 16, 2013
..where they Nigerians? undecided
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by Otono2(m): 11:52am On May 16, 2013
10k will help in starting a small goro market.
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by Walexz02(m): 12:13pm On May 16, 2013
This is good to hear...
Those fools condemining the 10k given to those fred prisoners are id.iots! As if they can do better....
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by delors(m): 12:28pm On May 16, 2013
Don't be deceived. Those freed were part of the Boko Haram amnesty negotiations. They are boko haram guys whose release was negotiated. Its an undercover deal. You dont free prisoners, they serve their terms. Small or big crimes, they serve their terms.
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by donwilly3: 12:36pm On May 16, 2013
its true oooo 10000 is a bigg money oooo because tings r veri cheap in dat side
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by donwilly3: 12:40pm On May 16, 2013
but 4 d pregnant one they wuld ave given her 100000 because she wuld soon ave a baby nd also d families of d released shuld be contacted because som of dem ave 4gorten deir place
Re: 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina by YoshiMaster: 12:41pm On May 16, 2013
Walexz02: This is good to hear...
Those fools condemining the 10k given to those fred prisoners are id.iots! As if they can do better....

I think its the way it was worded. If they said they gave them 10k just because, then fine with that, but its hard for any educated person to believe that 10k can start a business.

All in all, good gesture.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, Stop Doing Interviews With Al Jazeera / I Will Not Waste My Energy Supporting Atiku Who Cannot Go Anywhere – Ekweremadu / Nnamdi Kanu Gives Fresh Evidence Proving Buhari Is Allegedly Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.