Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones (11498 Views)

What Are Disadvantages Of Refurbished Phones? / Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! / How To Identify Refurbished blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by whisper88(m): 4:25pm On May 23, 2013
Somebody praise the lord!!!! *wat a testimony*
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by OPEYEMIAD(m): 4:29pm On May 23, 2013
The life expectancy of Refurbished phone is 6 month after the 6th Month it will start developing Problem
some inbuilt application will first stop working e.g Calculator, Music player
The 7th month Hanging problem. the screen will just be white
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Jobig(m): 4:35pm On May 23, 2013
refurbish have small live span and have expiring date.any way it depend on luck.
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by kelvinwaters(m): 4:35pm On May 23, 2013
Very clean e63 nokia 4sale @ 9k,call 08032289671.with 18mnths guarantee.
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by domack99(m): 4:41pm On May 23, 2013
I have used lots of phones but sincerely only few of them are bought brand new, Going for second hand or refurbished high end phones are always good deal, most previous user usually drop them because their are new model out there.

My advice is that you have to know what make up a good phone, that means you have to test some certain funtion of the phone before buying.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Orochimaru11: 5:15pm On May 23, 2013
Thanks guys for your answers.I really appreciate it.
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by UyiIredia(m): 5:39pm On May 23, 2013
I'm using a UK used Torch 1 to type this pist. I got it last week. So far it has given me no major problems only the typical hanging common with some BB models. I'm okay with it. My first experience with a refurbished phone wasn't good. It locked and eventually spoilt after some months.
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by novakanedrake: 5:52pm On May 23, 2013
I have a perfectly working AT&T branded galaxy s2 with NFC for 30k. Based in Ilorin
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by JacobLouis: 5:52pm On May 23, 2013
Orochimaru11: Please I still need your replies...
Sure as long as he can give u a limited tie out guarantee
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Chitexs250(m): 6:02pm On May 23, 2013
yuzedo: I think my first experience was with a used iPod Touch... That buy was probably the greatest steal of the century as it was preloaded with over 16GB of some of the greatest songs ever, lots of artistes that i didn't know then but who have come to be in my favorite list. It lasted forever and only kaputted when it fell in a bucket of soapy water! embarassed

Subsequently, every blackberry phone i have owned was purchased 2nd hand at CV. Eevn before that, my Nokia xPress music 5800 (bought from a friend at almost brand new price) because frankly, i don't believe in breaking the bank for gadgets that are:
1. Prone to theft
2. Prone to damage
3. Aren't investments

Spending ridiculous amounts on phones which in a few months time gets upgraded and you're stuck with an old model, feeling ripped off isn't sexy, so i kuku just buy wetin person don use. undecided They are most times very very clean and defect-free, and the only problem might be that they are stolen stuff shipped into Naija, which would be quite unfortunate, but, hey.. How man go do na?! grin

P.s. None of my purchases has ever spoilt during use, mostly lasts over 2yrs before i feel the strategic need to upgrade. smiley
Guy for the first time am seeing you write this way
Kudos
Banana Mansion
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by swaggerkid(m): 6:12pm On May 23, 2013
angry
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Pink1: 6:31pm On May 23, 2013
yuzedo: I think my first experience was with a used iPod Touch... That buy was probably the greatest steal of the century as it was preloaded with over 16GB of some of the greatest songs ever, lots of artistes that i didn't know then but who have come to be in my favorite list. It lasted forever and only kaputted when it fell in a bucket of soapy water! embarassed

Subsequently, every blackberry phone i have owned was purchased 2nd hand at CV. Eevn before that, my Nokia xPress music 5800 (bought from a friend at almost brand new price) because frankly, i don't believe in breaking the bank for gadgets that are:
1. Prone to theft
2. Prone to damage
3. Aren't investments

Spending ridiculous amounts on phones which in a few months time gets upgraded and you're stuck with an old model, feeling ripped off isn't sexy, so i kuku just buy wetin person don use. undecided They are most times very very clean and defect-free, and the only problem might be that they are stolen stuff shipped into Naija, which would be quite unfortunate, but, hey.. How man go do na?! grin

P.s. None of my purchases has ever spoilt during use, mostly lasts over 2yrs before i feel the strategic need to upgrade. smiley

Na wa o, didn't know second hand/okirika is allowed in Banana Island abi are you a Mai guard? undecided
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 23, 2013
Well i dont have experence but this is one mans' experence
Man pocket dials 911, ends up busted on murder charges grin grin grin
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by yuzedo: 6:41pm On May 23, 2013
Pink!:

Na wa o, didn't know second hand/okirika is allowed in Banana Island abi are you a Mai guard? undecided
SHARRAPPP!!!!! angry angry angry ok sooooo wuz yo numba tho, sweet geh? wink
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 23, 2013
rallymento: Mine was a BB torch 1 and I am sure I was the 4th person to use it if not more.
From the white man that used it, to the guy that sold it to my sister, then from my sister that used that Phone recklessly, then to poor me that wanted to use a BB.
I spent not less than 10k to put the phone in order.
I had to change the screen flex twice, the case, and plenty other flex.........SHM....#ComputerVillage.
But.. the most Annoying thing was that the phone just served me for 3 months, the 1st 2 months was without any BB subscription, while at the 3rd month I decided to subscribe. just at the end of my subscription, the button for E became so stiff that I had to use so much force on it while PINGING!
To cut the long story short, I woke up one evening after having a sunny day to realize that the screen's resolution was like that of water color, I quickly removed my battery for a hard reset,putting the phone on,it worked fine for 5 mins and turn into water color again, not only that, the screen immediately turned white and went black.
Since that day eh.............. I had to go back to my 1st love, Samsung C5152 Double sim which developed another screen problem last Sunday. Presently I am using a Nokia torch-lite double sim phone!......... grin

***Falls off from bed, rotfl***

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 23, 2013
estyvino: Refurbished phones? they are as good as the new ones, it just the problem of weak battery and no users guide, which you can buy better b3 and who knows,if you are smart like me, you don't need manual.
Am using HTC hd7 and enjoying it!

HTC HD7...? I hate the phone! Itz just very very 'beautiful'... Nothing more!
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by kirian202: 7:41pm On May 23, 2013
rallymento: Mine was a BB torch 1 and I am sure I was the 4th person to use it if not more.
From the white man that used it, to the guy that sold it to my sister, then from my sister that used that Phone recklessly, then to poor me that wanted to use a BB.
I spent not less than 10k to put the phone in order.
I had to change the screen flex twice, the case, and plenty other flex.........SHM....#ComputerVillage.
But.. the most Annoying thing was that the phone just served me for 3 months, the 1st 2 months was without any BB subscription, while at the 3rd month I decided to subscribe. just at the end of my subscription, the button for E became so stiff that I had to use so much force on it while PINGING!
To cut the long story short, I woke up one evening after having a sunny day to realize that the screen's resolution was like that of water color, I quickly removed my battery for a hard reset,putting the phone on,it worked fine for 5 mins and turn into water color again, not only that, the screen immediately turned white and went black.
Since that day eh.............. I had to go back to my 1st love, Samsung C5152 Double sim which developed another screen problem last Sunday. Presently I am using a Nokia torch-lite double sim phone!......... grin
Guy u don suffer pass Job 4 bible
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by profchika: 8:20pm On May 23, 2013
victor2exl: pls what is the difference....tokunbo and refurbs
refurbished electronics or items are those returned to d manufacturer fo various reasons, which d manufacturer tests and repairrs for proper functioning witout further defects, whereas tokunbos may nt be guaranteed as havin being tested. So btw d two, choose refurbishd. K
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by cardoso111(m): 9:00pm On May 23, 2013
I spent more to upgrade my refurbished fone!I vowed never ever to go after refurbished fone again!it pays to save and wait to buy my choice!
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by babakaka(m): 9:53pm On May 23, 2013
Please guyz how much is HTC sensation 4G
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Ama28(f): 10:58pm On May 23, 2013
Thanks op for this topic, it looks like you had to save me from a lot of stress this night.
I received some used phones from UK to sell and after looking at them for one whole hour I kept asking myself why I had to go through all the stress, one of the iphone 3 hit the flow on its way (that's what the sender is claiming). But abeg used phone deals are not for me at all. I jump am pass.
I didn't know about HTC phones but from your responses I now have an idea.

I bought the one am using from etisalat (don't worry its not a big model)and it has served, but I pray I don't waste my money on phones.
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by bodee(m): 11:22pm On May 23, 2013
Obinnau: Since I started using phones, I haVe never bought brand new and I can assure u that they all served me well!
see poverty in the air!
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by RaindropGCFR(m): 11:33pm On May 23, 2013
dem plenty 4 my houz, afta 2 mnths u cnt use dem again. have gone back 2my Nokia 3310
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by bigiyaro(m): 5:17am On May 24, 2013
SamConquer: Sorry, that Question Is Not For Me Cause All My Phones are straight From the C.E.O of The Company.Like My Blackberry I Bought It From The C.E.O Of RIM(Research In Motion) In Canada#Continue Puffing My Cuban Cigar#
lolz ofcos u bought your BB from the C. E. O of a show case box not even shop at computer village.
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Nobody: 8:15am On May 24, 2013
bodee:
see poverty in the air!
Guy sharap ,Samsung Galaxy S4 used,90,000,does that Look like a poverty to u.
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by Dandy1(m): 10:09am On May 24, 2013
as a sharp guy,na refurbished things oo. all d smartphones i have ever used,from sony ericsson p990 to e63 to e71 to HTC mytouch 4g to finally- Samsung galaxy captivate glide. All worked well
Re: What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones by haryourdayG(m): 11:17am On May 24, 2013
Seems most commentators here don't get your question..... Refurbished phones are slightly used phones sent back to the factory where they were made for repair and renewal,it's different from used phones....
To your question, it depends on the products warranty and where you buying it from.... Personally, refurbished products are better than used products because it has been renewed!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live Pictures From Nigerian Launch Of Phantom 8 / Latest MTN Data Plans For 2019 - MTN Data Is Now Cheaper / 2go Verification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.