Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings (7602 Views)

Acting Police IG, Solomon Arase, Senior To Outgoing Police Boss, Suleiman Abba / Lagos, 20 Other States Get New Police Commissioners / Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by emmatony: 10:06am On May 16, 2013
By George Okoh

A new Commissioner of Police, Umaru Shehu, was Wednesday posted to Nasarawa State to relieve Akeremale Abayomi, who was in charge of the state command until recently.

There are speculations that Akeremale may have been retired prematurely due to the killings of 56 officers in the state even though he has four months left in service.

The new commissioner came from the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) command in Abuja, where he last served as Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), in charge of Operations, before he was promoted to a full Commissioner of Police, last month.

Shehu was enlisted into the force on February 1, 1986, as a cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP), after his training at the Lagos State Police Training College.

He was posted to Kano command after he passed out in 1989.

He was posted to Sokoto in 1997, where he served as Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in nine places, as well as the head, state Criminal Investigation Department (CID), from where he was transferred to Jos in Plateau State, as Directing Staff at the Police College.

In 2000, he was transferred to Abuja where he served as DPO in two places, Area Commander in Gwagwalada, after he was transferred to Adamawa.

He returned to Kano command as Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), Administration.

He left for Katsina, and later to Zaria as Area Commander before he was transferred to Abuja, in 2008.

Shehu is the 15th commissioner to serve in Nasarawa, and the seventh in just two years after the 2011 elections.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/new-police-boss-for-nasarawa-after-killings/147627/
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by asorocker: 10:31am On May 16, 2013
The Previous police commissioner Akeremale Abayomi should be court marshaled for the embarking an ill advised invasion without adequate intelligence which has led to the death of 60 security operatives, this same police commissioner has never arrested not even 1 fulani herdsmen for the killing of thousands of Nassarawa and Benue indigenous people and he has the temerity to go an arrest a 78 year old leader of the Ombatse cult

6 Likes

Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by Dreal1247: 10:36am On May 16, 2013
I think that Nasarawa State deserves a military administrator. They dont deserve democracy.
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by Lilimax(f): 11:44am On May 16, 2013
I just hope that the prescene of the new CP will bring a lasting solution to recent upsurge
of violence and killings in Nassarawa state undecided.
There has been too many shedding of blood in this country cry cry
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by Decapo: 11:45am On May 16, 2013
Ok

1 Like

Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by quest003: 11:45am On May 16, 2013
He was actually going to retire this month prior the event, so nothing really changed.
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by Nobody: 11:46am On May 16, 2013
quest003: He was actually going to retire this month prior the event, so nothing really changed.
Was he also a member of the Boko Haram sect? grin
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by WIZGUY69(m): 11:47am On May 16, 2013
anyway na una knw aw una take dey do una owrk ma hand no dey!! Mallam shehu serve ur fada's land well o!! GEJ is working haters are sleeping..lol
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by chymystique(f): 11:50am On May 16, 2013
@op, All dis his Biography u wrote down here wah is et gonna add to ma life. undecided
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by babadem2much(m): 11:50am On May 16, 2013
whatever
d authority decides should be perfect because we assume they knws beta,
the former cp has sucxided in adding widows and orphans in da con3,
which is unbecoming of a professional police officer. wahala full 4
ground but with God no shaking!!!
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by juninho(m): 11:50am On May 16, 2013
@ asorocker. Policemen cannot be tried in a court martial because they are not subject to service law as envisaged under the Armed Forces Act.
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by abujalapdog(m): 11:51am On May 16, 2013
Lets see what the new person has instock!
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by Neoviper147: 11:56am On May 16, 2013
Lilimax: I just hope that the prescene of the new CP will bring a lasting solution to recent upsurge
of violence and killings in Nassarawa state undecided.
There has been too many shedding of blood in this country cry cry

lets just pray he is not one of those Gwuro eating, cow rearers, becos he will always support his Evil brothers. **his name sounds like one of them**

1 Like

Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by AbuMikey(m): 11:58am On May 16, 2013
Good to know
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by REVOLUTNIS: 12:03pm On May 16, 2013
It makes no difference
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:23pm On May 16, 2013
I know that Ombatse incident is a dent to the records of the previous Commissioner.
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by lightheart(m): 12:23pm On May 16, 2013
May God guide and protect him. Amen
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by decrox199(m): 12:26pm On May 16, 2013
What a pathetic way of ending a glowing career!..Retire well oga Abayomi.
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 16, 2013
I don't think that it was Aboyomi's fault with respect to the ambush that led to the death of his men. It was an unforeseen event and therefore, I want to state it clearly that I exonerated the man Abayomi of any blame here. Ambush is ambush and could just happen to anyone no matter how smart and intelligent you are. I stand to be corrected .if your thought on this issue is otherwise, please don't insult me by calling me any name just go straight to the point and school me. I repeat. Mr Abayomi should not be blamed. Ambush na ambush dey no dey give u notice say dey won ambush u hoha
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by dangali: 12:45pm On May 16, 2013
IG should investigate the activities of the immidiate past commissioner of police for the mass killings of the security operatives in Nasarawa state.
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by Fishout(m): 12:46pm On May 16, 2013
May God guide nd protect him.l think he should have learned many things from d mistake his Oga at the top made.best of lucky.
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by chudyboy05(m): 12:50pm On May 16, 2013
Guys no dey smile again for this country. Nwanne iru gi dika nsi agbara na anwu!.
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by kponkedenge(m): 12:50pm On May 16, 2013
Let's hope dat d cult group wipe dis new cp and his crew as well. D judgment of our polics 4 all d lifes de hav wasted wuld begin in nasarawa state
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by dangali: 12:52pm On May 16, 2013
Please the new commissioner of police posted to nasarawa should handle the case very interligently to avoid further killings of both civilians, yambokas and security operatives. It is a loss to Nigeria in general.
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by Mustymohd2: 1:11pm On May 16, 2013
Dreal1247: I think that Nasarawa State deserves a military administrator. They dont deserve democracy.
yes because no be pdp dey there
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by Occurstaem(m): 1:12pm On May 16, 2013
May Allah protect and guide him.
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by BeraBera(f): 1:26pm On May 16, 2013
The new CP should better learn some lessons from the old CP's experience. He should learn to always plan his operations well before sending people's husbands and children into the field.
And for the old CP, he should better tell us now how much he collected from the Governor that mad him to blindly send out people for such an opeartion without prior investigations.

1 Like

Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by BeraBera(f): 1:29pm On May 16, 2013
As 247ureports.com learnt, Malam Umar Shehu has been named the new Nasarawa State commissioner of police, following the retirement of former commissioner, Abayomi Akeremale.

While mounting the office of commissioner, the new commissioner assured the people of Nasarawa that the protection of lives and properties will remain his focus. In his words, “we are ready to restore peace and confidence of the people“.

Soliciting for the cooperation of all and sundry, CP Shehu tasked men and officers of Nigeria Police on sincerity, dedication and commitment in the cause of discharging their responsibility. He also sued for the cooperation of journalist in the state, describing the press as veritable tool for the dissemination of information.While responding, the chairman of the correspondent chapel, Chuwang Dungs assured the commissioner of total support.

The new police commissioner commiserated with family members of the officers that lost their lives in Alakyo village last week Tuesday, adding the ugly incident will not deter the police in performing their statutory duties as spelt out in the 1999 constitution and other statutory laws of the Federation.

Meanwhile, the police is yet to make an arrest.

http://247ureports.com/nasarawa-gets-new-police-commissioner/
Re: New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings by emeseilari: 1:41pm On May 16, 2013
I concur with you.Although a commander must envisage all potentiality and have plans.

(1) (2) (Reply)

As A Nigerian, Do You Have Integrity? Olawepo Hashim Steers Debate / Reno Omokri's Fake Church And His Apartment Building In America. Photos. / 2023: PDP NEC Shifts Decision On Zoning, Constitutes Two Committees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.