Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Riot Breaks Out In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Riot Breaks Out In Abuja (2791 Views)

Violence Breaks Out At APC Headquarters In Abuja / Great Riot Breaks Out In Lekki, Hausas And Yorubas At War (photos) / Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by 13volts(m): 3:44pm On May 16, 2013
Riots Breakout in Abuja, Capital of Nigeria - There are reports of what appears to he spontaneous citizen riots and unrest in Maitama, Abuja, the capital of Nigeria. People could be seen on the streets shouting that “no more President Jonathan in 2015.”
We are yet to understand how these apparently spontaneous riots and civil disobedience broke out, but might be related to the state of insecurity and corruption inn the nation which recently culminated in a declaration of a state kd emergency in the northern states. Offices are being closed

Just saw it on my Facebook wall can anyone confirm
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by Dospix(m): 4:48pm On May 16, 2013
You people and this your spontaneous rumors you spread around...na lie joh.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by ckkris: 5:03pm On May 16, 2013
Very sweet news. There will also be a spontaneous riot in the South with shouts of JONATHAN WILL RULE TILL 2019.

8 Likes

Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 16, 2013
Make una relax na!

The Op said he saw the riot on facebook!
It is a facebook riot.
Nothing to worry about!

9 Likes

Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by Nosyke(m): 5:24pm On May 16, 2013
@ OP, which part of Maitama? My office is in maitama (Panama Street) and we haven't heard of anything yet.

So where did you get your info from?
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by ClitorialDept: 5:25pm On May 16, 2013
13volts: Riots Breakout in Abuja, Capital of Nigeria - There are reports of what appears to he spontaneous citizen riots and unrest in Maitama, Abuja, the capital of Nigeria. People could be seen on the streets shouting that “no more President Jonathan in 2015.”
We are yet to understand how these apparently spontaneous riots and civil disobedience broke out, but might be related to the state of insecurity and corruption inn the nation which recently culminated in a declaration of a state kd emergency in the northern states. Offices are being closed

Just saw it on my Facebook wall can anyone confirm

[size=30pt]Lai Mohammed joins NL[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 16, 2013
Moderators, please BAN this fellow for spreading false rumor, especially using the name and office of Mr President.

I have made calls to friends and relatives in Abuja and can confirm that nothing of such happened there.

It's about time we punished people for their wrong statements.

so much for freedom of speech... mmttsheew
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by ckkris: 5:33pm On May 16, 2013
Nosyke: @ OP, which part of Maitama? My office is in maitama and we haven't heard of anything yet.

So where did you get your info from?
Please don't write your exact location. Boko Haram are in Nairaland. All they want is to take over the Presidency, so that no one will discover the extensive damage these born-to-ruin have done to this nation. Senators and Generals have been implicated so far. And they are desperate.

1 Like

Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 16, 2013
noblezone: Make una relax na!

The Op said he saw the riot on facebook!
It is a facebook riot.
Nothing to worry about!
grin grin grin
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 16, 2013
ckkris: Please don't write your exact location. Boko Haram are in Nairaland. All they want is to take over the Presidency, so that no one will discover the extensive damage these born-to-ruin have done to this nation. Senators and Generals have been implicated so far. And they are desperate.
U suld have erased his location b4 u quote so that he too could amend his post! Now he can not correct it unless you also do so.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 16, 2013
Gabbysky: Moderators, please BAN this fellow for spreading false rumor, especially using the name and office of Mr President.

I have made calls to friends and relatives in Abuja and can confirm that nothing of such happened there.

I concur, at least for a week!
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by ckkris: 5:42pm On May 16, 2013
Gabbysky: Moderators, please BAN this fellow for spreading false rumor, especially using the name and office of Mr President.

NO. Don't ban them. Many here are also trained in counter-insurgency. These fools are too small. General Ihejirika announced that Nigerian Forces of today are far more competent than the well-trained officers of 1960s. Please let them show their hands.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by ckkris: 5:48pm On May 16, 2013
cogitoErgo:
U suld have erased his location b4 u quote so that he too could amend his post! Now he can not correct it unless you also do so.
Many thanks.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by ckkris: 5:55pm On May 16, 2013
Achebe's legacy calls for rugged hardwork. If you don't like what anyone writes about you, WRITE YOUR OWN. Freedom is not really free, it carries a high price.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by FrankC3: 6:02pm On May 16, 2013
Just drove through the lenght of major streets in Maitama some minutes ago and there was nothing like that.

How come someone in Maiduguri is telling us in FCT what is happening around us. And this guy is also a staunch supporter of ACN/CPC, just like Lie Mohammed.

1 Like

Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by Nosyke(m): 6:12pm On May 16, 2013
ckkris: Please don't write your exact location. Boko Haram are in Nairaland. All they want is to take over the Presidency, so that no one will discover the extensive damage these born-to-ruin have done to this nation. Senators and Generals have been implicated so far. And they are desperate.

I understand, that's why I didn't write the Number, its quite a long street though.

Thanks all the same.

@ Op, you should be shot in the knee cap for spreading such false info

1 Like

Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by idumuose(m): 6:18pm On May 16, 2013
I live in Maitama and there is no riot.4rm
Fed ministry of environment to Transcorp Hilton
To ministers hill,I can confirm 2 Ɣ☺u that
There is no riot.
Bros,go back and tell those demons that there
Is no riot in Maitama.Na yur village riot dey.

1 Like

Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 16, 2013
sounds like blwoing up other Nigerians is longer working, they now want to resort to civil disobedience

2015 is around the corner. Those who dont like the President can at that point organise themselves and vote the President out.

if you do not like the President pls know that others voted for him and the democratic choice of majority of Nigerians in 2011 stands untill 2015 where we all as Nigerians have a democratic right to choose a different future.

This uncivilised behaviours from the North must stop!!!!!!!

You do not have to like Jonathan Goodluck but the democratic choice of majority of Nigerians must be respected untill 2015!!!!!
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by JameyMaxwell(m): 6:50pm On May 16, 2013
We actually need a definite mass demonstration/riot in nigeria
The corruption level is just too much.
We need breath of fresh air.
We watched odas do it and odas still doing it but us, fear be our padi. By the time there is heavey rioting in front of some politician's houses, odas will get the message.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by Joyfullyme: 7:12pm On May 16, 2013
Fire dey catch house, people gather to quench am, slowpoke go dey talk say make person go buy fuel come.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by Gorrbachev: 7:14pm On May 16, 2013
The facebook riot is very deadly, see as that guy dey click like. Chai!!! them just share that girl!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:30pm On May 16, 2013
As u don violate rule no 8, u go face the firing sqad tomorrow o!
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by ClitorialDept: 7:34pm On May 16, 2013
BH, and the other BH Plus ACN, CPC and APC spreading rumours.

HABA RIOTS IN ABUJA AND IN MAITAMA FOR THAT MATTER?

THATS LIKE HAVING RIOTS IN HOLLYWOOD AND NOT IN COMPTON.

DAFT!
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by obioma2000: 7:38pm On May 16, 2013
If truly there is riot in abuja people should calm dwn and let nigerians decide president jonathan fate come 2015
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by ClitorialDept: 7:39pm On May 16, 2013
obioma_2000: If truly there is riot in abuja people should calm dwn and let nigerians decide president jonathan fate come 2015

[size=16pt]THERE[/size][size=22pt] IS[/size][size=28pt] NO[/size] [size=38pt]RIOT[/size]
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by OsunOriginal: 8:59pm On May 16, 2013
ckkris: Very sweet news. There will also be a spontaneous riot in the South with shouts of JONATHAN WILL RULE TILL 2019.

Which south? Are you referring to the few villagers in SE/SS as the South?
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by tjfulloption(m): 9:10pm On May 16, 2013
Clitorial.Dept.:

[size=30pt]Lai Mohammed joins NL[/size]

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by tjfulloption(m): 9:16pm On May 16, 2013
we no want any RIGIMALITY in this country! angry sad undecided undecided
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 16, 2013
I don't like jonathan but these people do not sound genuine to me.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Abuja by dc555: 3:49am On May 17, 2013
if this is a lie mod pls help us ban the op, one month is ok.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stellah Oduah Purchased Two Oil Vessels For Patience Jonathan / New Twist In Anambra Guber: Ekwunife Asks Court To Declare Her APGA Candidate / Mysterious River Appears In Enugu Community [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.