Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe (27123 Views)

State Of Emergency Declared In Borno, Yobe and Adamawa / State Of Emergency May Be Declared In Borno, Yobe, Others / IGP, 3000 Policemen For Jonathan’s Visit To Borno, Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:20pm On May 16, 2013
lacasa: How does this make any sense?

Even in iraq n afghanistan, phone lines still remain active.

Nigerian military is worse in-terms of lacking idea than i gave them credit for
Be quiet, you! Who are you, and what do you know about urban combat, asymmetrical warfare, and the evolution of warfare? And who made you judge?! No vex me o, cos I'm combat ready ATM. I'm ready to finish people like you today. Don't become my punching bag. Last warning to all the retards. Nescient beings, empty barrels. Rubbish.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by tpia5: 8:21pm On May 16, 2013
Boko haram regularly cuts off phone service in those areas.

What's new about this.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by EatmyShorts: 8:21pm On May 16, 2013
ArQueBusieR:
Be quiet, you! Who are you, and what do you know about urban combat, assymetrical warfare, and the evolution of warfare? And who made you judge?! No vex me o, cos I'm combat ready ATM. I'm ready to finish people like you today. Don't become my punching bag. Last warning to all the retards. Nescient beings, empty barrels. Rubbish.

Easy, Easy. The Spirit of the Lord does not dwell in an Angry Vessel.

Jesus loves you.

Pastor MarcAnthony
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by ceaz4r(m): 8:23pm On May 16, 2013
Solozzo:

...on the other hand, civilians need mobile phones to inform army about hideouts of BH. Perhaps satellite phone for security informants would be provided

When the civilians had their phone calls going thru, how many did they inform u of?
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:24pm On May 16, 2013
EatmyShorts:

Jesus loves you.

Pastor MarcAnthony
Thanks for the timely reminder. smiley
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by philip3(m): 8:34pm On May 16, 2013
if only Mr President had made this decision sooner. But seriously, this is the 1st thread with little Jona bashing. Fresh air anyone?

1 Like

Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by jamace(m): 8:36pm On May 16, 2013
HNosegbe: I'm really worried with the recent turn of events. The potential loss of innocent civilian lives from military airstrikes and related "projections of hard power" may make Baga look like a carnival.

I fear that Goodluck Jonathan, in an attempt to avoid being seen as weak, may have bitten off more than he can chew.

Boko Haram is a fragmented, shadowy sect. Insurgents such as BH can NEVER be defeated in open, attritional warfare.

My view remains what it has always been: This security threat can only be curtailed with superior intelligence gathering, coupled with an intensive campaign to win hearts and minds which will involve a combination of witness protection (for BH members willing to defect and provide valuable information) to provision of emergency social services for affected communities, to investment in emergency public works programmes to create jobs for the unemployed, to the commitment of special funds for the restoration of Lake Chad.

The government must work to induce potential defectors to come forward with valuable information on who the backers and financiers of BH are, and in exchange such defectors can be offered amnesty as well as witness protection for them as well as their families.

By doing these, you can show the indigenes that you're really concerned about their welfare (thereby increasing government goodwill and reducing local sympathy for the BH cause).

But as long as Jonathan continues with this heavy-handed approach, I fear the war will continue for years to come.

P.S: Meanwhile, what is being done about the borders?

I also think that BH is assuming GEJ to be a weak President hence their resolve to continue to kill, maim, terrorise law abiding citizens and destabilise the government. So, I support GEJ's "highhandedness" to restore sanity to Nigeria.

How else do you want to win the hearts and minds of rebels who have refused government amnesty programme and has gone ahead to create parallel government to the federal government? I strongly support the government to deal with those recalcitrant deviants.

Whatever one may think, the situation now is more than what classroom theory can solve. It requires physical drastic military action.

Carry go GEJ! Carry go FGN.

1 Like

Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by bootlegaz: 8:36pm On May 16, 2013
EatmyShorts:

Jesus loves you.

Pastor MarcAnthony
Nigger when are you collecting offering?
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by bootlegaz: 8:37pm On May 16, 2013
ArQueBusieR:
Thanks for the timely reminder. smiley
Don't thank him, he is a hybrid hypocrite grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by EatmyShorts: 8:40pm On May 16, 2013
bootlegaz:
Don't thank him, he is a hybrid hypocrite grin grin grin

Young man, you need Jesus in your life. Don't mess with me, if you try me, i will show you what an Anointed man of God can do. B1tch!

Jesus loves you though.

Pastor MarcAnthony
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Leemak: 8:43pm On May 16, 2013
if that is true, it is a complete violation of human right,not all d people of these affected states are bokos.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by jkross(m): 8:45pm On May 16, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
They'll be treated with Biafran-style, no man's land

Lol they've officially become Nigeria's enemy
Onye ara

2 Likes

Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by larayat(f): 8:46pm On May 16, 2013
Haba....I dnt like dah strategy @al...nau av nt bin able 2 reach my boo since morn..ha ha
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by karlmax2: 8:54pm On May 16, 2013
Leemak: if that is true, it is a complete violation of human right,not all d people of these affected states are bokos.
GUY you funny sha! human right for SOE.

1 Like

Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by teemlo: 9:03pm On May 16, 2013
HNosegbe: I'm really worried with the recent turn of events. The potential loss of innocent civilian lives from military airstrikes and related "projections of hard power" may make Baga look like a carnival.

I fear that Goodluck Jonathan, in an attempt to avoid being seen as weak, may have bitten off more than he can chew.

Boko Haram is a fragmented, shadowy sect. Insurgents such as BH can NEVER be defeated in open, attritional warfare.

My view remains what it has always been: This security threat can only be curtailed with superior intelligence gathering, coupled with an intensive campaign to win hearts and minds which will involve a combination of witness protection (for BH members willing to defect and provide valuable information) to provision of emergency social services for affected communities, to investment in emergency public works programmes to create jobs for the unemployed, to the commitment of special funds for the restoration of Lake Chad.

The government must work to induce potential defectors to come forward with valuable information on who the backers and financiers of BH are, and in exchange such defectors can be offered amnesty as well as witness protection for them as well as their families.

By doing these, you can show the indigenes that you're really concerned about their welfare (thereby increasing government goodwill and reducing local sympathy for the BH cause).

But as long as Jonathan continues with this heavy-handed approach, I fear the war will continue for years to come.

The only inteligent post, I hope the military cut off satelite phones communications too because with that they(BH) can still operate effectively.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by richyblink1(m): 9:07pm On May 16, 2013
Kill the cockroach!
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by brownlord: 9:07pm On May 16, 2013
lacasa:

Thought u'ld be the one to lead them to my house grin

#.. Keyboard warrior that u are gringringrin

Don't worry, JTF can locate your house, just wait for them to smoke you out of that hole
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by opako: 9:09pm On May 16, 2013
Na Boston style, bro Jona copy sooo, i pray it works for this side too o
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by DarkFive: 9:11pm On May 16, 2013
Our Country Nigeria is at war.The Nigerian Army is combatting with full force,by any means necessary to "fish & destroy any insurgents".
There has been no commnunication from BH, that silent response shld nt be misunderstood for Weakness or cowardice.
We all need to be prayerful & always on guard.
Let's NOT undermine or Underestimate these BH or al-queada groups...its too early to get excited becuz the War has just begun.
I pray for the casualties,as no matter how trained our ARMY is..There must always be casualties of war. The result is inevitable.An innocent life lost is one life too many.
I pray the ARMY brings this war to an end soon
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by brownlord: 9:13pm On May 16, 2013
Leemak: if that is true, it is a complete violation of human right,not all d people of these affected states are bokos.

You dey crase, what cousines abokis with right, my guy park well

Human right kor, human left ni, mk all those human right and America sitdown for their house, why another man go come begin quarrel e say I won teach my wayward children lesson, if u don't know to say just dey blow whistle
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by DarkFive: 9:15pm On May 16, 2013
Let's Pray for Nigerian Army.
We at war with terrorism,we at war with Al-Qeada, we at war with BH.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by brownlord: 9:22pm On May 16, 2013
Dark Five: Let's Pray for Nigerian Army.
We at war with terrorism,we at war with Al-Qeada, we at war with BH.

I don declear fasting for my house, we don wash pot keep, am seriously praying them, they won't miss their target, it's one man one bullet, one woman one bullet,

Go Nig. Army, kill every living thing,level that town for us, more bullet to your barrel
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 16, 2013
I here by urge all the Senators, House of Reps representing those Areas should go in there too and feel the heat of their people becoz they support Bokoharam in one or the other,..
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by ABAKA72(m): 9:31pm On May 16, 2013
brownlord: Cut them off from civilisation, after all they said NO to western education, so they don't need technologies, Abeg kill every moving thing you see, when you kill, don't allow their spirit escape kill tht as well, spare only children below age 10 even thou they are future terrorist, every other living thing above that age, just cut them off
you are crazy
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by kelvin1191(m): 9:37pm On May 16, 2013
Opening the Military Intelligence playbook one after the other! Lets use that Armnesty money to flush those Animals out!
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by alemunile: 9:40pm On May 16, 2013
One the obasanjo would have kill them all. boko haram saw what obasanjo did to that town in benue. so they kept quiet. Goodluck is slow and sometime look scared. I can't believe contemplated about giving amnesty to them. u never negotiate with terrorist. NOT EVER
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by alemunile: 9:42pm On May 16, 2013
Shit if we can send our soldiers to go defend other Africa countries to go fight. cut them soldiers free. and let them man handle all the badstards
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Fidtad: 9:43pm On May 16, 2013
the_ripper2: This one don pass be careful oooo. Anything to facilitate their movement to see their mentor with 72 virgins is allowed.
guy u baaaaaad.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by JamesAbudu: 9:46pm On May 16, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Make anything no function sef. From radio to cell phone to satellite to anything. Make the soldiers get time finis them. By the time satallite go switch on, make only burial ground dey show for TV!
grin
Very funny. Solders pls have mercy!
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by DarkFive: 9:51pm On May 16, 2013
James Abudu:
Very funny. Solders pls have mercy!

Soliders are "TRAINED TO KILL"
Judges have Mercy.
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 16, 2013
brownlord:

I don declear fasting for my house, we don wash pot keep, am seriously praying them, they won't miss their target, it's one man one bullet, one woman one bullet,

Go Nig. Army, kill every living thing,level that town for us, more bullet to your barrel
BUT ARE SAW U EATING POUNDED-YAM AT ODION-WELE'S DAUGHTER'S WEDDY, ANYHOW SHA AR GO COVER 4U, EDO NO DEY CARRY LAST..
Re: Mobile-Phone Service Cut-off In Borno, Yobe by ABAKA72(m): 9:53pm On May 16, 2013

shut the fuk up. let the war continue forever provided it is in the north east, I don't have sympaty for the civilian population, Boko haram could'nt have survived for so long without their support, they should have done the right thing earlier by assisting JTF.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 Boko-Haram Leaders Arrested & 200 SUVs Recovered / Army Relocates Special Forces Training School To Buni Yadi / 2023: Northern Youths Beg Umahi To Contest For Presidency (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.