Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,311 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe (19771 Views)

Mohammed Adoke Recommends CCT Chairman’s Removal, Prosecution - Thisday / EFCC Swoops On Diezani’s Residence In Abuja As Ex-minister Is Arrested In London / PDP Takes Over Adoke Amasiemeka Stadium Rivers State (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by tallceejay(m): 9:07am On May 17, 2013
aikeron:

Dont be daft, use ur brain. How wud u have all the time as a lawmaker to engage in and organize all these anti-corruption activites? I think he's got all the time now, and having been an HOR member, he's got experience and 1st hand access to certain secrets in the goverment circles.

Time ?? When there's a will, there will be a way! This same Dino fought physically to defend d Etteh looter back den, because he was a beneficiary...we didn't say carry out protest while in office...we only said speak out! How hard can that be ? Farouk used to speak out until he was caught! We are not saying the evidence isn't der or his allegations are not true, that's for the experts to decide but Dino is as corrupt as the ones he's fighting, besides he shud take care of his wild oath! Charity begins at home!

2 Likes

Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by Saintp(m): 9:19am On May 17, 2013
The major problem of Nigeria is not leadership but followership. If the followers are agressive in thier desire to hold thier leaders accountable, i bet u Nigeria would not have been like this. But what do you get? Divisions, divisions and divisions.

When can we unite to fight this common monster called corruption? Someone has decided to lead the way in this fight instead of using it as a platform to increse the pressure for accountabilty, we are busy fighting the person. Are u interested in the messege or the messenger?

I dont like this guy as a person and i believe he is also corrupt but that is not the issue here. If he leads this fight and reduce corruption, will it not be better for us?

There is no country that is free from corruption, the problem with Nigeria is ours have assumed a level that is so frightening and we should be fighting to bring it to a manageable level.
Please lets support whoever that is speaking against corruption, whoever it is.
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by obowunmi(m): 9:27am On May 17, 2013
Dino lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

The man has no credibility. I sympathize with Nigerian youths.

1 Like

Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by Occurstaem(m): 9:40am On May 17, 2013
[quote author=SEEMESEEME....you speak of corruption at the federal level but forgets Tinubu and co are embezzling lagos state's funds and other western state's.....
[/quote]
Please,show your proof.
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by Delafruita(m): 9:46am On May 17, 2013
tallceejay:

Time ?? When there's a will, there will be a way! This same Dino fought physically to defend d Etteh looter back den, because he was a beneficiary...we didn't say carry out protest while in office...we only said speak out! How hard can that be ? Farouk used to speak out until he was caught! We are not saying the evidence isn't der or his allegations are not true, that's for the experts to decide but Dino is as corrupt as the ones he's fighting, besides he shud take care of his wild oath! Charity begins at home!
etteh didnt loot.infact the monies she was accused of looting had not even been released.it was all still on paper
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by Delafruita(m): 9:55am On May 17, 2013
Tolexander: did he not have the time to himself to spent all the allowances and constituency allowances given to them when he was a member?

How many members of the house did he severely criticised for their corruption?
how old are these people?dino melaye has always been a fearless lawmaker.while he was in the national assembly,he exposed the 4billion naira peugeot deal which bankole brokered.that led to the scuttling of the deal.the same dino melaye exposed the 10billion loan taken from UBA by bankole using the name of the house of rep which is why bankole waqs arrested by efcc.dino was suspended from the house without pay and expelled from PDP.condition for his return was for him to apologise to the speaker which he refused.all others apologised on the floor of the house and were reinstated while dino was the only one that remained adamant that bankole should be investigated.for that he was suspended for almost 9months till that administration ended.i believe he won the case in court and his entitlements were paid

sonme little kids that know nothing about the way things are just come here to spew garbage.try to read a little history.many of this little kids just started following politics when jonathan gave them facebook.we call you people the "jonathan generation of political commentators".those are the same people that call buhari bokoharam,call elrufai all sorts of unprintable names,say tinubu failed as a governor and bla bla bla

3 Likes

Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by obongoboy: 10:38am On May 17, 2013
Obj >>> gej

Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by maasoap(m): 10:49am On May 17, 2013
obowunmi: Dino lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

The man has no credibility. I sympathize with Nigerian youths.
Really? You didnt sympathize with us because we are being looted dry but you are sympathizing with us because Dino is leading the campaign against corruption when nobody is looking in that direction.
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by anonimi: 10:58am On May 17, 2013
maasoap: Really? You didnt sympathize with us because we are being looted dry but you are sympathizing with us because Dino is leading the campaign against corruption when nobody is looking in that direction.

He is simply a part & parcel of the looting himself.
Do you know if Dino has refunded the excess salary & allowances he received for making no laws and proposing no meaningful bills all the years he was in the NASS

It is time we stop these leaders who will tell us Do as I Say but not as I Do.
That is HYPOCRISY and it will not move us forward as we will only replace one set of thieves with another as we have been doing for the past 53 years.
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by pmc01(m): 11:12am On May 17, 2013
Nigerians! Haba!
I'm sure if I start an anti-corruption crusade now, they will talk me down and accuse me of lacking the credibility to do so, just because 'I must have stolen pieces of ponmo/bonga fish from Mama's pot before', isn't it?

Why have these GEJ loyalists by their comments, decided to deliberately shun the cases brought up and decided to attack the person of Mr. Melaye instead. Are you saying his allegations are not genuine or he should simply pretend like those things he mentioned are non-existent and maintain the 'status quo'?
To these group of dubious Nigerians, I say your hypocrisy is damn disgusting!

Let me put this challenge before you:
Why do you still rely on the Police to come and help you combat crime in your neighbourhood, even when you have labelled the Police Force as a criminal one?

We're no kids here, take your deceit to the gutters!

BTW, note that Mr. Melaye didn't ask for your support, according to what we read in the Post; except you're now acting as a mouthpiece of the US.

2 Likes

Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by pmc01(m): 11:14am On May 17, 2013
Nigerians! Haba!
I'm sure if I start an anti-corruption crusade now, they will talk me down and accuse me of lacking the credibility to do so, just because 'I must have stolen pieces of ponmo/bonga fish from Mama's pot before', isn't it?

Why have these GEJ loyalists by their comments, decided to deliberately shun the cases brought up and decided to attack the person of Mr. Melaye instead. Are you saying his allegations are not genuine or he should simply pretend like those things he mentioned are non-existent and maintain the 'status quo'?

Why do you still rely on the Police to come and help you combat crime in your neighbourhood, even when you have labelled the Police Force as a criminal one?

BTW, note that Mr. Melaye didn't ask for your support, according to what we read in the Post; except you're now acting as a mouthpiece of the US.

1 Like

Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by Nobody: 11:30am On May 17, 2013
pmc01: Nigerians! Haba!

YOUNG MAN
FOR ME THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LOYALTY
RATHER IT IS BASED ON A MAN'S CHARACTER
ASK ANYONE WHO ATTENDED AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY BTW
(1998-2003) ESPECIALLY GEOGRAPHY DEPT
ASK HIS LECTURERS WHAT TYPE OF PERSON HE WAS
ANYONE WHO REALLY KNEW HIM THEN WOULD TESTIFY
THAT HE IS A CROOK. A SMOOTH TALKING, 2 FACED,
LYING CROOK. IN FACT FROM WHAT I HEARD
THE LECTURERS WERE SO EAGER TO GET RID OF THE
FOOL THEY EVEN FORGAVE HIM THE COURSES HE FAILED
AND FORWARDED HIS NAME FOR GRADUATION

1 Like

Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by Godmann(m): 11:34am On May 17, 2013
Babzilla:
YOUNG MAN
FOR ME THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LOYALTY
RATHER IT IS BASED ON A MAN'S CHARACTER
ASK ANYONE WHO ATTENDED AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY BTW
(1998-2003) ESPECIALLY GEOGRAPHY DEPT
ASK HIS LECTURERS WHAT TYPE OF PERSON HE WAS
ANYONE WHO REALLY KNEW HIM THEN WOULD TESTIFY
THAT HE IS A CROOK. A SMOOTH TALKING, 2 FACED,
LYING CROOK. IN FACT FROM WHAT I HEARD
THE LECTURERS WERE SO EAGER TO GET RID OF THE
FOOL THEY EVEN FORGAVE HIM THE COURSES HE FAILED
AND FORWARDED HIS NAME FOR GRADUATION

Even if I accept he is a crook, is it not better we support him to expose the named corrupt ministers?

Methink we are better of supporting him in this case
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by DerideGull(m): 11:45am On May 17, 2013
Nigerians and tactless display of stupidity are regrettable. What has USA or its embassy got to do with corruption in Nigeria? Please, these moronic nitwits must learn how to confront their problems without disturbing the cherished quietness of other people. What a bunch of fools.

1 Like

Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by howfarwhatagwan: 12:10pm On May 17, 2013
God thank you that people are beginning to rise up. We pray for more courage and strength to fight corruption. I have always said it if we succeed in blocking all means by which ministers, Governors, Senators, reps etc can just fly abroad including their children then we will be on the path leading to Nigeria's success because then they will not be able to go for treatment of a mere ailment nor will their children be able to go to schools and pay the ridiculous sums of money we hear (amounts that most Europeans and Americans cannot in their wildest imagination think of ever raising or paying). They will all be forced to make things work in Nigeria.
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by howfarwhatagwan: 12:25pm On May 17, 2013
X-factoria:

Till date, I am not aware that anyone has leveled corruption against him. He has not been a guest of EFCC yet so give him a benefit of doubt and support his fight against corruption.

This is the problem with many of us who mouth change and lament corruption in Nigeria. When we see people trying their best to expose corrupt practices, we begin to doubt their motives and run them down.

Does it matter if he is doing it for popularity or whatever as long as he is actually making valid allegations? Does it matter where he is coming from (whether he used to be one of them or not) as long as he is helping us to see where to channel our aggression? Does it matter if he hasn't picked on everyone else yet as long as those he has picked on are not innocent?

We are just a bunch of hypocrites in this country!

My Brother or sister you took the words right out of my mouth. God bless you. And for those asking what US has got to do with fighting corruption they have everything to do with please think critically and reasonably and you will find the answer.
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 17, 2013
Tolexander: Had Dino Melaye tried something like this when he was in the house, i would give kudos to him and respect his courage against corruption!

Exactly how I feel.

1 Like

Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by Myself2(m): 12:34pm On May 17, 2013
corrupt pay-master is not fooling u, right?

What cheap liquor did you have this morning
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by Aifey(m): 12:39pm On May 17, 2013
The time is ripe 2take. Up. Arms against this PDP
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by Shine1177: 12:56pm On May 17, 2013
Good job there but come to think of it where did Dino Melaye got 65 Million Naira Bentley and other porch cars in his garage from? His private business? Definitely no! I remember this guy was riding bicycle all about Abuja last year January during the fuel hike protest saying he doesn't have money to buy PMS without subsidy. Is Dino Melaye sincere? He that must come to equity must come with a clean hand.
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by BeraBera(f): 1:19pm On May 17, 2013
Aifey: The time is ripe 2take. Up. Arms against this PDP

I'm sure you are one of the terrorists terrorizing the country. I wish law enforcement agents will arrest you. Well meaning Nigerians are soliciting for peace and you are here clamouring for people to take up arms against PDP. How sure are you that CPC, ACN or APC would lead us better?

@TOPIC: I'm laughing at Dino Melaye for calling on America to help fight corruption in an independent republic like Nigeria. Is America our colonial master? Or are there no cases of corruption in America? Does Dino think that Obama does not have corruption cases to tackle in his country? The fact that we may not know of corruption cases in America is because they do not want outsiders to know about them. They keep their negative secrets to themselves, yet people like Dino Melaye have chosen to gladly sell out their country for a plate of continental dish.
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by kinguwem: 2:38pm On May 17, 2013
Some nigerians are very foolish. They think that foreigners will solve all their problems. These countries also benefit from the proceeds of corruption. Dino Melaye knows the way things are done in Nigeria.
He & other politicians have a lot of money. Why have they not built a private refinery? Instead he bought a bullet proof car. During elections money is shared to buy votes. Doesn't his party share money during primaries? Who are we deceiving? Corruption is an attitude. If we are sincere, we can reduce it.
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by Moralistli(m): 3:33pm On May 17, 2013
Proverbs29:2 said it all.
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by shizzle11(m): 3:48pm On May 17, 2013
Myself2: Rubbish

Criminals like Dino Melaye are still fooling many,even on nairaland cry cry cry

My broda I tire'oo
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by ihimami: 5:31pm On May 17, 2013
philips70: Too many brainwashed idiots on Nairaland. I do not care if a known armed robber expose and aid in arresting robbers terrorizing my neighborhood. I do not care at all. I seek amnesty for such a soul.

Well said.
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by nglazauro: 9:14pm On May 17, 2013
Is that the way out
Re: Protest At US Embassy For Visa-Ban On Diezani, Adoke, Orubebe by tallceejay(m): 1:10pm On May 19, 2013
Delafruita:
etteh didnt loot.infact the monies she was accused of looting had not even been released.it was all still on paper

Etteh didn't loot ?? Infact the best time to look is when its still on paper

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Cuts Down President’s Control Of Nigeria Police Force / Twitter Users Report Armed Police Presence Around The National Stadium,lagos / Why Buhari Refused To Sign Electoral Act Bill - Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.