Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,161 members, 7,953,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:48 PM

Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram (15085 Views)

Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN / Five Countries To Send 8,700 Troops To Help Jonathan's Govt. Fight Boko Haram / Cameroon Launches First Air Strikes On Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by whisper88(m): 8:24am On May 17, 2013

Nigeria's military said Thursday that it was ready to launch air strikes against Boko Haram Islamists as several thousand troops moved to the remote northeast to retake territory seized by the insurgents.

"The entire Nigerian military is involved in this operation, including the air force," defence spokesman Brigadier General Chris Olukolade told AFP.

"Definitely, air strikes will be used when necessary," he said.

A force of "several thousand" soldiers along with fighter jets and helicopter gunships have been deployed for the offensive in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa state, he added.

The operation follows President Goodluck Jonathan's decision to a impose a state of emergency in all three areas as he admitted that Boko Haram had "taken over" territory in the northeast and declared war against the government.

The Islamists, who have said they are fighting to create an Islamic state in Nigeria's mainly Muslim north, have become emboldened and better armed in recent months.

The military spokesman said operations had begun in all three states, but declined to provide specifics.
http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/nigeria-begins-offensive-against-islamist-113639119.html
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by mickyarams: 8:37am On May 17, 2013
Good! What took the government so long? Destroy those illiterate bastards and obliterate their encampments.
God bless Nigeria.

15 Likes

Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by Brilliance9000: 9:21am On May 17, 2013
mickyarams: Good! What took the government so long? Destroy those illiterate bastards and obliterate their encampments.
God bless Nigeria.
Amen

3 Likes

Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by eDontey1(m): 9:21am On May 17, 2013
How do they plan to go about it? As boko haram is scattered across lots of northern states and most times they hide among civilians. I hope this won't lead to Collateral damage.
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by Decapo: 9:21am On May 17, 2013
nice one
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by gramci: 9:22am On May 17, 2013
What are they still waiting for? Level the place.

3 Likes

Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by Decapo: 9:22am On May 17, 2013
American film
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by topfally75(m): 9:23am On May 17, 2013
Notin is 2much 2scarifice 4peace...
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by momodub: 9:24am On May 17, 2013
today na today
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by Burger01(m): 9:24am On May 17, 2013
Weew!!! Go boyz.. Roast them all..

sad

1 Like

Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by Nobody: 9:24am On May 17, 2013
Their end has come
Finish them!
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by Abujafood: 9:25am On May 17, 2013
Roast Boko Haram with Scud missiles and drones, fighter jets and gunships are not enough! Show them what the IDF did to Hamas in Gaza and West Bank!

5 Likes

Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by tomakint: 9:25am On May 17, 2013
Na now the 'seasonal film' start, this is what I have been waiting for cool I say, 'kill them all' Eni duro
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by plainmirror(m): 9:25am On May 17, 2013
Tym will tell beta
No b 4 mouth

1 Like

Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by gen2briz(m): 9:25am On May 17, 2013
Na wetin them they wait for. ....
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by Felixandra: 9:25am On May 17, 2013
Fight them all!!!
God bless Nigeria
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by seye4nii(f): 9:25am On May 17, 2013
use chemical weapon sef if necessary??

3 Likes

Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by EJIROIT(f): 9:26am On May 17, 2013
wwwooooowwww...... hurry up n tidy d nortern part of dis country....
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by ebamma(m): 9:26am On May 17, 2013
human rights watch can go to hell, anybody still living in those areas, is a terrorist or potential terrorist,kill anyting that moves or can move

5 Likes

Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by rhymz(m): 9:26am On May 17, 2013
Kill them all like roaches. . .Russian style. grin
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by Nobody: 9:26am On May 17, 2013
Air strikes will record very high casualty !

But then, I wish them well.
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by davidflo(m): 9:27am On May 17, 2013
how does both amnesty and military action work hand in hand. i rather we forget amnesty and use BRUTAL force against any group of people that decide to unleash terror on defenseless citizens of NIGERIA or her interest. be it BOKO,MEND,OMBATSE,etc...enuf has become enuf.
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by Burger01(m): 9:27am On May 17, 2013
seye4nii: use chemical weapon sef if necessary??

cheesy grin
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by Summersland(m): 9:28am On May 17, 2013
Wow! Gud idea from military force....Kill them all wink wink
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by Nobody: 9:28am On May 17, 2013
Let them stop the announcements and do their underground work well. . . The Nigerian Army needs a lot of intel to deal with these guys. . . We need results, show us what you're made of!!!

2 Likes

Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by Lilimax(f): 9:29am On May 17, 2013
My people wey still dey North, make una dey come back oo
Air strike does not know who is who?
It is only the living that does business sad cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by doyinmolah: 9:29am On May 17, 2013
Our weak presido is just doing his work, we need to curb violence with force, WAR IS PEACE
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by kunle86(m): 9:29am On May 17, 2013
That's good we can afford this boko aram to destroy dis country 4 us.
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by dridowu: 9:30am On May 17, 2013
Ds 1 na mini war
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by mike404(m): 9:31am On May 17, 2013
seye4nii: use chemical weapon sef if necessary??
SECONDED
Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by Nobody: 9:32am On May 17, 2013
Na now we go know who dey rule.. #madam abeg pass me 1 ALOMO bitters#

2 Likes

Re: Troops To Launch Air Strikes On Boko-Haram by ManTiger(m): 9:32am On May 17, 2013
hmmm, air strike abi kinla?
does that means they've located their camp(s)?
Has reconnaissance survey has been carried out?
Has EIA of the aftermath air strike has been carried out?
What is the ratio of the damage on the part of the civilians?
Com'on Boko Haram is still faceless and for all i know, i will never assume an average Hausa as one
So also i'll never assume an average Muslin North as Boko Haram.
Launching an air strike attack on Boko Haram is like saying, "yes, we've gotten their camp and the damage on the civilian will be minimal". I think a small assault group (not the type of Tiger Squadron that couldn't arrest Ombaste priest ) will do the Job perfectly. Locate their hide-out, take no prisoner, snuff the life out of their body!
I repeat take no prisoner, all they know is how to die, then show them how to die alone!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 Members Of Edo Post Primary Education Board Resign / Atiku Will Win By 7 Million Votes Margin  – Ayu / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.