Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,401 members, 7,954,584 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. (1174 Views)

Nigerians Rescued During Last Military Operation In Yobe (Photo) / DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. / 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by silica(m): 10:06am On May 17, 2013
Today, the Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, is against the State of Emergency declared by the President in some Northern State. the group considers it a declaration of war on the North. Last week the forum speaking through Anthony Sani had said “I do not believe state of emergency would be the panacea for the security challenges facing the nation.

But in 2009 the same Arewa Consultative Forum supported heavy military action against Niger Delta militants who did not kill innocent civilians like Boko
Haram is currently doing. Below is the statement that the ACF released in June of 2009;

“No responsible government can afford to fold its hands and watch a few misguided elements of its citizens hold the nation, including their own people and communities, to ransom.

More depressing, the will of the Armed Forces is being challenged when their members are killed in the course of their national assignment. In such circumstances, government cannot reasonably be expected to shirk in its responsibility of maintaining law and order. Hence the recent campaigns by the Operation Restore Hope by the military, aimed at ridding the Niger Delta region of criminal activities of the militants.

The campaigns must necessarily come with collateral damages, the JTF must maintain at its possible minimum.

This is how the current actions of the military in the Niger Delta should be viewed by all ‘fair-minded’ individuals with ‘patriotic courage.”

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/arewa-embarrassed-as-it-statement-supporting-heavy-military-operation-in-niger-delta-resurface
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by ckkris: 10:18am On May 17, 2013
Record and History, na wa o. E no go easy for Ezekiel.
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by Redoil: 10:32am On May 17, 2013
Please moderator kindly put this topic on front page for everybody to see and understand where we are going.. Where are the official spokesperson of BH and CPC ACN on nairaland we are waiting for you to come and twist and distort fact and history as it is their wont so as to decieve people.
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by sammyzacks(m): 10:49am On May 17, 2013
These our so called elders have wrong motives.
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by Tinkinguy(m): 10:51am On May 17, 2013
You know, whatever measure you meted on another will be meted on you so said the Holy Bible, and what is good for goose is equally good for the gander.... another good saying by the wise men.

when a corpse (dead body) which is not related to you is been carried across the street, it looks like a bunch of fire wood.

That's why everyman shall be judged by that which he says/do.....My bible tells me so.

This case is another good sample and ACF members, its exactly 3 years now when what you cooked/said is been pass through the refining fire to determine its worthiness of implementation.

Case close my good people.
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by Mieye007: 11:13am On May 17, 2013
FRONT PAGE PLEASE!
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by Tinkinguy(m): 11:19am On May 17, 2013
Mod.

I do think this is front page worthy.
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by saintneo(m): 11:28am On May 17, 2013
^^^ yeah
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by BadAttitude(m): 11:45am On May 17, 2013
That is why it is good to have a good memory...these chaps at arewa forum have forgotten what they said then and trust Nigerians, it might take time but someone gat to make you eat those words...

1 Like

Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by slimming: 11:52am On May 17, 2013
Thanks for this post, God bless u.
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by Ahasco(m): 11:58am On May 17, 2013
Very interesting and to think that some people a politicizing security at the detriment of others!
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by Joyfullyme: 12:05pm On May 17, 2013
God bless you poster may your days be long.
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by Idokojimmy: 12:05pm On May 17, 2013
This is a bomb. They canvassed for the invasion of the south. They called death of innocent citizen collateral damages.
They maintained that well meaning Nigerians must support war against militants who try to hold the nation to ransome.
Now the ACF are crying foul. They now believe that state of emergency is a war against the north. So are all Northerners Boko Haram?
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 17, 2013
We also throw this statement back at the northern elders and their cohorts. What is sauce for the goose, should be for the gander.
Ahmadu Bello clearly set the north on the path of self-destruction when he persistently fought for power instead of the education of his people. He was scared of the likes of Balewa and Aminu Kano and that led him to hold down the people cos he saw in the two; how education "frees" the mind from mental shackles.
Today's northern leaders are no different. It is high time they wake up and smell the coffee cos their "kunu" has gone stale.
We salute the men of the JTF!

1 Like

Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by Euroclydon(m): 12:28pm On May 17, 2013
I hear they are embarrassed now...That is what using short term memory for long term relevant issues can do to a whole crop of old dudes!

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/arewa-embarrassed-as-it-statement-supporting-heavy-military-operation-in-niger-delta-resurface
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 17, 2013
I will speak as a Biafran!

When two or more nations are forced into "one", the result is the circle of blood.

The blood flowed in Biafra, it flowed in ND and is now flowing in Arewa! It depends on who is in charge up there. The fact is this, if a core Northerner is in Aso Rock today, the Boko Haram activities would no had gone this far.

Jonathan will not be there forever, a day will come when a Northerner will take over and he will be praying for an opportunity to "revenge".

The circle of blood will never stop! There is only one solution, allow the different nations to emerge!

Meniors to Ojukwu:

Dear Sir,
blood is flowing in Northern Nigeria!. The Northern Elders who stood firm for "one" Nigeria and called for military action against the ND militants, are today crying foul because, the Federal Govt has decided on military action against thier "boys".

Sir, you were correct that Nigeria is a disaster, but some people want to eat their cake and still have it.

We are watching!
I will keep you posted!

1 Like

Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by apala911: 1:06pm On May 17, 2013
Enough of playing politics with national issues. The idea of using ethnic, religious and regional sentiment to weep sympathy will not allow for the development of Nigeria.The Northern Elders Forum, Afenifere, Ndi-igbo, Ijaw national congress and other ethnic affiliation should put Nigeria first and be patriotic. The country's sovereignty is being violated by some few sect of terrorists and killings of innocent civilians and security forces everyday, and we are saying the government should take the "sit down and look approach", not possible of course. Govt should shun sentiments and go all out to do needful to restore normalcy and peace in the North and Nigeria by extension.

1 Like

Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by Tinkinguy(m): 2:26pm On May 17, 2013
Mod,

I wonder why it takes ages to get this pose outer front page.
This observation is good enough lesson for everyone. reality check is the rule of life.
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by Mieye007: 2:30pm On May 17, 2013
It is a pity that 'Modern Biafrans' have not gotten a single clue as to what transpired in the '60s. All they do is blame others for their woes, play the victim and blame Ijaw for betrayal. I dey laugh ooo! OBJ-to-Atiku style.
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by SamIkenna: 4:59pm On May 17, 2013
After reading ACF's official statement on the military campaign in the ND, I feel tempted to be indifferent on their plight, or should I say - their turn. I do hope at the end of all these, the Core North would learn some something which is - this country has ceased to be the estate of your grand-father - adapt to the 21 century or implode from within.

Juxtaposing ACF's stand on ND and their stand on SOE today, one cannot help but shake head at the indescribable degree to which Core North's hypocrisy knows no bounds. By ACF's disjointed rule of engagement, collateral damage in the ND is acceptable and understandable, really? I guess chicken is coming home to roost.

My people say whoever brings an insect-infested firewood invites lizards to a feast. Looks like they're now realizing they did bring insect-infested firewood (Boko Haram) and must endure till the end of the feast. I hope they shut up and stop saying GEJ declared war on the North. Going by what we know GEJ only declared war on BH, unless they want us to believe BH means all of Northern Nigerian. And if that's the case we would like for them to tell us if Middle Belt states are also part of this theatre of war.

The day this sham they call unity comes to a crashing end 'll be the day heaven witnesses the greatest celebration of all times.

1 Like

Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by Vado(m): 7:41pm On May 17, 2013
I love this grin
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by igbeke: 9:15pm On May 17, 2013
we've never bn ignorant of dis. infact we r also aware dat our oil money had always bn used to fund des terrorlsts by d socalled northern leaders.
so let dem come out and tell us in plain words what dey truely want from Gej.
Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by rawtruth(m): 9:40pm On May 17, 2013
Where is LACASA, the one who claimed GEJ arranged the attack on Daura yesterday to kill Buhari? tiring voices of derisive hypocrites are becoming barely audible. They have been caught in the very traps they usually set for others with aristocratic ingenuity. One hopes GEJ will give similar attention to the other 'brand' of terrorists who go by the name "fulani herdsmen". Their massacre of farmers across the country, particularly in central Nigeria, is rivaled only by their jihadist colleagues, boko haram. Time has come.

1 Like

Re: Arewa's Statement Supporting Heavy Military Operation In Niger Delta In 2009. by sakaguchi(m): 9:22pm On May 19, 2013
Who is the Mod here? please, why was my post hidden,
There are 21 rules here on posting comments and I'm sure that I didn't break any, so why was my post hidden and I being banned immediately I posted it....Seun if you see this, I will like you to talk seriously to the Mods, or better still they should open my post up and let other users point out what and what out of the 21 rules was not adhered to. This is exactly what we frown at in Africa and why bad and undemocratic folks should not be put in places of authority, the mod is just an employee in Nairaland but yet is putting the gag on simple innocuous views, I dare you to put out links that will lead to my comments you have hidden so that people will speak on your sense of responsibility and neutrality. You can ban me again, but I believe I have said my honest opinion and it will only infuriate you because your previous actions were inexcusable.

(1) (Reply)

Kemi Is Just Like Me- Former Oyo State Governor Victor Olunloyo Defends Daughter / A Must Read- Mysterious Facts About Ondo State Governors / Anambra Governorship Election: Official Result Announced By INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.