Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,580 members, 7,958,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:57 AM

Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? (1481 Views)

See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up / Are Nigerian Women Truely The Most Unfaithful? Vanguard Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by sammmiey1: 6:46pm On May 18, 2013
I have had an opportunity to inquire from a few num of women why they feel timid to drive on Nigeria highways.Sadly, wot tons of them said was,Nigeria highways are death traps and the manner at which Nigerian men drive on highways is quite spooky.My question again is wot can be done 2eradicate this weird sentiment 4rm the mind of our beautiful,(not al dou)Nigeria women?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 18, 2013
samm_miey: I have had an opportunity to inquire from a few num of women why they feel timid to drive on Nigeria highways.Sadly, wot tons of them said was,Nigeria highways are death traps and the manner at which Nigerian men drive on highways is quite spooky.My question again is wot can be done 2eradicate this weird sentiment 4rm the mind of our beautiful,(not al dou)Nigeria women?

D truth is dat most female drivers are naïve and too scared! Dey carry their chicish attitude 2 wheels & prefer 2 sit in front of a car & be driven round town! Not all chics sha cos my sis is an amazon on roads!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by bebe2(f): 7:20pm On May 18, 2013
Not just nigeria motor ways, even here in the uk am very reluctant to go on the motor way becos wen am on I have to over concentrate becos any mistake u make can cost u ur life.

And if u miss ur exit, u no go fit turn o, it can add miles to ur journey
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by sammmiey1: 7:35pm On May 18, 2013
wise_many2k:

D truth is dat most female drivers are naïve and too scared! Dey carry their chicish attitude 2 wheels & prefer 2 sit in front of a car & be driven round town! Not all chics sha cos my sis is an amazon on roads!
As far as I'm concerned women don't fancy driving on a real long journey,u can hardly see them on highways except in metropolis and suburbs,I guess its only in western countries such women can be found dat drive with confidence on highways.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by biolabee(m): 7:40pm On May 18, 2013
samm_miey: I have had an opportunity to inquire from a few num of women why they feel timid to drive on Nigeria highways.Sadly, wot tons of them said was,Nigeria highways are death traps and the manner at which Nigerian men drive on highways is quite spooky.My question again is wot can be done 2eradicate this weird sentiment 4rm the mind of our beautiful,(not al dou)Nigeria women?

with all the madt people on the raods
Even me sef dey fear drive for naija roads
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by polokor60(m): 7:42pm On May 18, 2013
The reason i don't like stereotyping,a female friend of mine(she is a mother) is one of the most experienced and fastest driver i have seen in Nigeria.Driving on the high way is like bread and butter for her,trust me when i say she ll give the best among the best drivers in naija a good run for their money.Port harcourt babes/women i greet una.

Op travel and see according to sunny nneji because there is always an exception to every rule.It's always advisable for women not to travel with kids on the high way to avoid any distraction or anxiety.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by sammmiey1: 7:46pm On May 18, 2013
biolabee:

with all the madt people on the raods
Even me sef dey fear drive for naija roads
Not every1 dat drives is insane.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by sammmiey1: 8:04pm On May 18, 2013
polokor60: The reason i don't like stereotyping,a female friend of mine(she is a mother) is one of the most experienced and fastest driver i have seen in Nigeria.Driving on the high way is like bread and butter for her,trust me when i say she ll give the best among the best drivers in naija a good run for their money.Port harcourt babes/women i greet una.

Op travel and see according to sunny nneji because there is always an exception to every rule.It's always advisable for women not to travel with kids on the high way to avoid any distraction or anxiety.
Did u say she's one of d most experienced and fastest driver u'v evr seen?I gues its u dat needs 2travel around no offense and besides Its hard 2come by 2seein a woman so expert driving in Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by polokor60(m): 8:25pm On May 18, 2013
samm_miey: Did u say she's one of d most experienced and fastest driver u'v evr seen?I gues its u dat needs 2travel around no offense and besides Its hard 2come by 2seein a woman so expert driving in Nigeria.
Sorry man,i have been to many places around Nigeria and beyond.I said there is an exception and there was no water in my mouth/hand.Just take a trip to port harcourt in nigeria with your own car,Watchout for most vehicles plying the east west road from ph-->bayelsa--->warri-->benin--> lagos,most especially the ph to benin axis then come back and make the same comment.

Most working class women/men in bayelsa do reside in port harcourt and they ply that axis of the high way on a daily basis.So you my good friend need more exposure because these working class men or women have their own automobile and there is no airport in bayelsa state which implys that the major means of transportation would be the same east west road which happens to be an high way.

Once again travel and see.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by SisiKill1: 8:25pm On May 18, 2013
samm_miey: Did u say she's one of d most experienced and fastest driver u'v evr seen?I gues its u dat needs 2travel around no offense and besides Its hard 2come by 2seein a woman so expert driving in Nigeria.

You interview a few women and come up with your ALL Nigerian women conclusion yet you have the audacity to question someone who dispel you baseless conclusion with his own personal experience?!!

How do you spell Eejit?!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by armyofone(m): 8:33pm On May 18, 2013
Idi oti

grin

Sisi_Kill:

You interview a few women and come up with your ALL Nigerian women conclusion yet you have the audacity to question someone who dispel you baseless conclusion by giving an example of his own experience?!!

Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by sammmiey1: 8:44pm On May 18, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

You interview a few women and come up with your ALL Nigerian women conclusion yet you have the audacity to question someone who dispel you baseless conclusion by giving an example of his own experience?!!

Must u spew junk on every thread?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by SisiKill1: 8:53pm On May 18, 2013
samm_miey: Must u spew junk on every thread?

Says the idi oti (Thanks Hauwa grin ) who opens a thread about Nigerian women based on the conclusion he made from talking to a few women. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by biolabee(m): 9:02pm On May 18, 2013
samm_miey: Not every1 dat drives is insane.

Bros I been driving on those roads for years now and yes we got some madt drivers
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by sammmiey1: 9:08pm On May 18, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Says the idi oti (Thanks Hauwa grin ) who opens a thread about Nigerian women based on the conclusion he made from talking to a few women. cheesy cheesy
insanity of d highest ordr.Ur cerebrum needs total evaluation for proper functioning and comprehension,olosho.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by SisiKill1: 9:14pm On May 18, 2013
samm_miey: insanity of d highest ordr.Ur cerebrum needs total evaluation for proper functioning and comprehension,olosho.

Awwwww....Someone got his hands on a dictionary!! Good for you!!

Now, let's talk about getting you more exposed, eh? Coz sitting in that abule of yours and talking to the toro kobo women you surround yourself with does not an exposed man make. No siree bob!!! cheesy

Nairaland has a good Charity program, if you are good...I can put a word in for you, ya know help you step outta of that rot. You up for it?

Stand. . .Stand. . .Good Boy!! cheesy cheesy

There's hope yet. wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by sammmiey1: 9:30pm On May 18, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Awwwww....Someone got his hands on a dictionary!! Good for you!!

Now, let's talk about getting you more exposed, eh? Coz sitting in that abule of yours and talking to the toro kobo women you surround yourself with does not an exposed man make. No siree bob!!! cheesy

Nairaland has a good Charity program, if you are good...I can put a word in for you, ya know help you step outta of that rot. You up for it?

Stand. . .Stand. . .Good Boy!! cheesy cheesy

There's hope yet. wink
How old are you?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by SisiKill1: 9:44pm On May 18, 2013
samm_miey: How old are you?

Bwahahaha! Dude I was just about to ask you the same question coz only a child believes their reality is everybody's reality.

Whoa! You must be psychic....a teeny tiny small little boy psychic.

I'm impressed!! cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by sammmiey1: 9:59pm On May 18, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Bwahahaha! Dude I was just about to ask you the same question coz only a child believes their reality is everybody's reality.

Whoa! You must be psychic....a teeny tiny small little boy psychic.

I'm impressed!! cheesy
I can c u really need go back 2ur mental institution,no sane individual wud behave dis manner,go back and dis tym arnd ensure u tke u drugs religiously.U are critically unwell.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by SisiKill1: 10:15pm On May 18, 2013
samm_miey: I can c u really go back 2ur mental institution,no sane individual wud behave dis manner,go back and dis tym arnd ensure u tke u drugs religiously.U are critically unwell.

Dude you are boring me jo...first with your omo labindin style of writing and secondly, it is obvious there ain't much going on up there.

Now, Now I am not blaming you oh or anything I shoulda known better...your first post said it all but what can I say, sometimes I can be a li'l slow on the uptake. My Bad!! embarassed cheesy

Now back to your thread, tell us please....Do your toro kobo women know the difference between a car and a wheelbarrow? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 18, 2013
L'abule baba mi, big chunck of beef ni mo fi n ję rice doesn't mean na so every other person dey eat for their Abule grin

I have a very bad bad driving record ( scratches head cool) ..... uncountable speeding tickets too sad grin I'm sure there're fearless uncountable women in Naija like that too.

OP stop arguing. wink

May God help us all.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by baby124: 11:03pm On May 18, 2013
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by baby124: 11:03pm On May 18, 2013
Not a problem for me. I can probably drive a trailer on the highways! I am totally fearless when it comes to driving. Trust me, I look feminine as they come but there is probably not a lot a man can do that I can't do cool. My nickname is danfo driver. grin. If you see any woman in the danfo lane, racing with them. grin. No accidents yet or police stops. grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 18, 2013
Okay danfoe driver grin grin be careful oh grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by baby124: 11:32pm On May 18, 2013
Their lanes are the fastest.except when they stop abruptly to pick up passengers. We also get along, they would see me and smile and let me through grin. I especially like when they make their own lane. All the go slow drives me crazy. I don't have that patience. cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by Nobody: 12:01am On May 19, 2013
^^ grin grin sister from another mother.

Been caught using the bus lane too couple times $200 fine angry we never get along , never worked out well for me angry too much rules, they should losen up a bit angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by greatgod2012(f): 1:56am On May 19, 2013
samm_miey: Not every1 dat drives is insane.

but how do you know the sane ones on the highway

As far as im concerned o, long journey driving no be for me o, call me a coward, na you sabi, life no get duplicate.........may God continue to protect us all.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by Nobody: 2:01am On May 19, 2013
LMAO Sisikill, leave me alone jooo grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by dasparrow: 8:56pm On May 19, 2013

You already have your bias against Nigerian female drivers so what is the point of opening this thread? My mother is in her mid sixties and she still drives and has been driving since she got back from England in the mid 80s. From what I have personally observed, chauvinist Nigerian male drivers run the women off the road.

You people drive very recklessly in Nigeria generally speaking and that is why the life expectancy rate in Nigeria is so low. The reckless driving is what is getting many Nigerians in their 20s and 30s killed before God even intends to call them home. Moreover, it seems you people hate seeing your women drive that is why you people cut them off in the middle of traffic, smash in their cars and what not. Then you have the nerve to come here and ask why your females avoid the highway while at the same time questioning their driving skills. Dude stop being a biased chauvinist hypocrite and go and relax. Case closed.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 20, 2013
I disagree with you!My mother is over 60yrs of age fears •̸№ highway and drives very well.Same as my sisters who drive on highways without any fears.I have come across women who drive better than most men just as I have a friend who stands above 6 feet with an intimidating stature but doesn't drive past his street.
And I have been dusted before on the highway by a dare devil female driver gringringrin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Women Afraid To Drive On Nigeria Highways? by dominique(f): 8:15pm On May 21, 2013
Sisi_kill my bele ooo!!! grin you wan wunjure pesin with laff here cheesy.
My mama is well over 50 and she be warrior for road, same thing goes for my big sis as well as SIL, infact they full my hand. I have a feeling our op is based in the north or a very rural area where seeing a female driver is seeing a long-horned unicorn. True that they are more males on the roads than females, but some babes can outshine some dudes for road.

(1) (Reply)

The 11 Worst Bedroom Mistakes Women Make / Urgent: Who Can Help With This / Why You Have Strands Of WHITE HAIRS On Your Hair.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.