Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship (12249 Views)

How Many Times Do They Collect Offerings In Your Place Of Worship? / Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside / Which Is Your Favorite Part Of Worship Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship by salt1: 5:23pm On May 19, 2013
Aifey: 4me Religion is a scam. U go 2church 4some 1 to teach u wht is writen in d book ure holdin. The pastors kn this whts y they liv a liv of luxury n collect tith 4rm people. I'v stoped goin 2church.

Unfortunate, isn't it? Looks like you've been looking in the wrong places and making humans your model. Ask God to direct you to where you'll worship in spirit and in truth. There are still such, very unpopular but holy, places.

@topic
1. to join in singing
2. to say Amen when prayers are offered for others and myself
3. to hear testimonies from others and share mine
4. to rest after a busy week: it's the Christian Sabbath, you know
5. to listen and learn from others
6. to hear God talk to me. He does talk especially when I'm praying alone in church

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship by HassanAJibril(m): 6:07pm On May 19, 2013
We go to Masjid(mosque) on Frieday because in Surat number 62 verse 9 Allah(S.W.A) says: Ya ayyuha allatheena amanooitha noodiya lissalati min yawmialjumuAAati fasAAaw ila thikri Allahiwatharoo albayAAa thalikum khayrun lakum in kuntumtaAAlamoon. Translation:
O you who have believed, when [the adhan] is called for the prayer on the day of Jumu'ah [Friday], then proceed to the remembrance of Allah and leave trade. That is better for you, if you only knew.
Re: Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 19, 2013
salt 1:

Unfortunate, isn't it? Looks like you've been looking in the wrong places and making humans your model. Ask God to direct you to where you'll worship in spirit and in truth. There are still such, very unpopular but holy, places.

@topic
1. to join in singing
2. to say Amen when prayers are offered for others and myself
3. to hear testimonies from others and share mine
4. to rest after a busy week: it's the Christian Sabbath, you know
5. to listen and learn from others
6. to hear God talk to me. He does talk especially when I'm praying alone in church
which is Saturday (Sabbath day)
Re: Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship by Nursy(f): 7:05pm On May 19, 2013
eddy1234: PLS REALLY NEED TO KNO THE QUOTE DAT SAYS CHRIST CELEBRATED MASS AND WE MUST.WAITING....
Did christ celebrate by speaking in tongues? He broke d bread wch represented his body, gave it to his disciples to eat n also gave a cup of his blood in4m of wine to them 2 drink n ordered the disciples to do this in memory of him. That is d greatest sacrifice we offer in mass.
Re: Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship by Dermie: 7:17pm On May 19, 2013
exxell:

Lets see what you become in life

grin Certified Herbalist grin
Re: Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship by Ardedaryor(m): 9:12pm On May 19, 2013
hmhmhm...diffrnt ppl wit diffrnt reason.....i go to church on friday(institute class of religion) to gain more knowledge of d restored gospel by good mean nd proper source and i go to church on SUNDAY to renew d convenant which i make in d water of baptisim by living worthy to partake of d holy SACRAMENT and also to be edifiy by d words of priestood leaders
Re: Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 19, 2013
arcbabe: I stop going 2 church because the rev father is seriously disturbing me,when he find out i don't come 2 church anymore,he comes knocking at my door after service. I don tire o!
smh, Abeg live that religion
Re: Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship by Sheenor: 11:13pm On May 19, 2013
i go becos dem say i mst go
Re: Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship by Seunbunmi(m): 11:32pm On May 19, 2013
Yvete: Stylish young peoples' Church grin ... though the Pastor is an OG!

But seriously, i like the sermon, motivational speeches and prayer. Overall, the Church is a mix of fun + prayer.

Yay!!! Finally find you...I've been looking everywhere on NL for my godmother lol...hope u r givin urself big treat this summer. Happy sunday to u...and hope u got my mail?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship by forkinsonlolo(m): 9:24am On May 20, 2013
either you go to Church or Mosque, at the end of the day u die anyway undecided
Re: Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship by buklan4realyah(f): 9:31am On May 20, 2013
I go to church to listen to the word and enrich my soul.

and to boost my faith in him
Re: Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship by cigaricon(m): 11:19am On May 20, 2013
1. To worship God
2. To pay my tithe. This is very important to me
3. To hear the word of God
4. To pray for people like pagan9ja, rodeo and aifey to change
5. To pray for Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Atheists Must Preach And Evangelise / Pastor E.A Adeboye's 2018 Christmas Blessing / Is It Right For A Church To Excommunicate An Erring Member?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.