Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:24 PM

MTN Taking Advantage Of Gullible Nigerians! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MTN Taking Advantage Of Gullible Nigerians! (976 Views)

Buhari Is Winner- Supporters Gullible / Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC / How The Nigerian Government Messes With The Minds Of Gullible Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Taking Advantage Of Gullible Nigerians! by Docii001(m): 2:05pm On May 19, 2013
Nigerians have a fundamental problem and that is what I call the 'slave mentality'. In this part of the world,no matter how unfairly high the price of an item is,Nigerians will still go out en masse purchasing that very item. I watched an episode of "keeping with the kardashians" which was shot in 2011 and kim was using a 'bold2' model of blackberry. This is someone who is worth millions,yet in Nigeria you see a student on pocket money hustling,doing all different kinds of things just to buy a Torch-misplaced priority.

Nigeria's market is the most attractive for luxury goods all over the world not because we have the richest economy(far from it) but because we have the highest population of gullible,weak minded,ignorant,and seriously damaged citizens-self esteem issues.
We believe that its our possession that actually shows our worth,and that is why government officials have to live in Aso Rock and have an entourage of over 40 cars to announce their presence.
In most countries of the world,its a persons ability to think and be creative that makes the person wealthy(so people around recognize their talent first) but over here wealth is gotten and nobody cares to find out HOW-everybody just knows "Mr.Lagbaja is rich".

MTN in their years of operation in this country have exploited this small fact and made millions out of this country(more than they make in the rest of Africa combined). There's no problem with that-its business. Where I do have problem is when you Rip me off my money or you result to scam people of their wealth in a petty way,which when combined results in huge profit.
The latest MTN promo(double your credit) is a scam,it is criminal and should not be taken lightly. Each time I load credit I see a message about the promo..... "Get double your recharge! Dial *885*PIN# from 00.30am to 11.59pm Mon to Sunday. Bonus airtime expires by 11.59pm Everyday".

So on Friday when my BIS was due I decided to try the promo with #1000 worth of recharge card,the credit was doubled but into a separate account which MTN left out of their promo message. This meant I had #2000 worth of credit just for calls to MTN numbers and the hilarious things is the bonus of #1000 can only be used after the #1000 in your wow! main account has been exhausted all in less than 24hrs. If I knew all these important details which they 'CONVENIENTLY' left out, why on earth would I waste my money....because at the end of the day I wasn't able to use the bonus before 12am. I could not renew my BIS,could not transfer the credit,could not call any other network because my money was siphoned into an account I knew nothing about!
I imagine how many Nigerians have and are still being hoodwinked into this petty plot to garner more profit by boosting recharge card sales, yet our gullibility keeps us silent. I know the value of a thousand Naira that's why I Can't keep silent. If anyone has fallen victim and wants to pursue this,you are welcome(the more the merrier). At the end of the day I will pursue this,with or without people. Many have entered eateries with a dollar and made their fortunes because of lesser offenses as to SCAM.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Taking Advantage Of Gullible Nigerians! by mu2sa2: 3:26pm On May 19, 2013
Uncountable people have been duped by MTN with impunity. Mod pls move to fp.
Re: MTN Taking Advantage Of Gullible Nigerians! by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 19, 2013
@OP, no be because MTN don wire u, u just con dey type all these ur yanings? u accuse Nigerians of being gullible while u urself are the chief gullibles! if not y dd u go fo dat scam in d first instance.
Mod, please move this thng to phone section!
Re: MTN Taking Advantage Of Gullible Nigerians! by Docii001(m): 6:35am On May 20, 2013
cogitoErgo: @OP, no be because MTN don wire u, u just con dey type all these ur yanings? u accuse Nigerians of being gullible while u urself are the chief gullibles! if not y dd u go fo dat scam in d first instance.
Mod, please move this thng to phone section!

I can see you are a staunch illiterate as you lack basic cognitive skills. Please next time you want to comment on an article of high intellect consult an educated member of your family for proper interpretation of simple vocabulary so the whole world doesn't have to find out your frailties on a daily basis. I won't waste my time breaking it down for you because its also clear that you are myopic with your thinking.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

SURE-P Organizes Skills Acquisition Programme In Bayelsa. / Hell: A Place Called Home / Is Ngige's Campaign Already Over In Anambra?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.