Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Evergreen Novels U Read Either In Primary Or Secondary School!!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Evergreen Novels U Read Either In Primary Or Secondary School!!! (1193 Views)

My Life In Secondary School / Evergreen Memories / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evergreen Novels U Read Either In Primary Or Secondary School!!! by temmytboi(m): 3:32pm On May 19, 2013
Yeah! While we were all growing Up I know We must av read some Novels that we found Intriguing and Evergreen either in Pry or Secondary skul! These are Some of my Best! Y'all shud drop urs and Lets av fun!!
1.Drummer Boy by Cyprian ekwensi
2.The Sugar Girl
3.Chike and Obi
4.Ige Adubi
5.The gods are Not 2 be blame! Etc. Drop Urs!
Re: Evergreen Novels U Read Either In Primary Or Secondary School!!! by Neduzze5(m): 9:19am On May 20, 2013
Chike and the River was one hell of a story!

"Riding a bicycle is even easier than eating Okro soup!

Also remembered the case of the night watchman whom Chike caught red handed the day he went across the River Niger!

"He's lying! I saw them"

Wow, such a nice story.

1 Like

Re: Evergreen Novels U Read Either In Primary Or Secondary School!!! by Neduzze5(m): 9:22am On May 20, 2013
The gods are not to blame was one of my favorites.

"This child shall kill his father and marry his mother"

The prophecy later came to pass and he killed his father in a farmland and married his mother. What a tragedy!!
Re: Evergreen Novels U Read Either In Primary Or Secondary School!!! by Neduzze5(m): 9:27am On May 20, 2013
The Burning Grass was a thriller.

Mai Sunsaye
Hodio
Rikku
Jalla
Shehu!

Mai Sunsaye caught the wandering disease.
Hodio later went off on his own and began making Sugar.
Rikku stayed back home and tended to their cattle.
Jalla was a great cattle man but ran away from the cane.

Nice novel. I have forgotten who wrote it sef. It seems like it's Cyprian Ekwensi. Am I right?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Book Publishers / Adults Novel: Kidnap Me / Top 12 Hottest Human Hair Wigs On The 2021 Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.