Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,664 members, 7,823,881 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

How I Overcome My Frustration With J A M B Examinations - Educational Services - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / How I Overcome My Frustration With J A M B Examinations (1401 Views)

J.a.m.b / Proffesional Examinations (toefl, Gmat, Sat Etc) / GRE And TOEFL Examinations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Overcome My Frustration With J A M B Examinations by jethro2: 6:33pm On May 19, 2013
For several years i kept writting JAMB and each time its either i dont meet the cut off mark or i couldnt get admission the following year. I became frustrated until some one introduces me to IJMB in the year 1997. IJMB full meaning is Interim Joint matriculation Board. I put in for IJMB at Kogi State Polytechnic Lokoja. We had two semester and i made 10 points. which i use to secure admission into direct entry 200level Geology at the Federal University of Technology Minna. Smart student now go for IJMB. The good news is you dont have to get to Kogi State or the Northern part before you can enroll for it. Its here at HEED TECHNICAL COLLEGE in Abeokuta Ogun State. I know a lot of admission seeker are also going through the same stress and frustration that i went through. IJMB is a stress relief.The Exam is organised and conducted by the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria which now allows schools to affiliates with them. Its usually runs between 9 months to 2 years. The student will be receiving lectures in their different combination of courses. To put in for Geology in the University i did Geography, Biology and Chemistry.
Another advantage of IJMB is that you can also register to correct any deficiency in o levels maths and english.along with your A levels. Admission is on. At HEED TECHNICAL COLLEGE BLOCK J PLOT 9. BOLA AJIBOLA STREET ABEOKUTA, We have seasoned lecturers that will take you through the syllabus and prepare you for the exam. The Minimum point to get admission is 7 points. A 70% and above is 5points, B 60-69% is 4, C 50-59% is 3, D 45-49% is 2 and E 40-44% is 1. for more info Visit Heed Technical College at Block J Plot 9 Bola Ajibola Street Abeokuta Ogun State or call 08064688501. We provide hostel accomodation for the duration of the course. Attached is a scan sample of IJMB result.

Re: How I Overcome My Frustration With J A M B Examinations by jethro2: 9:13pm On May 19, 2013
Registration and lectures for this section are in progress. Make haste while the sunshine. Dont let JAMB keep frustrating you. Ijmb is the sure way to 200level
Re: How I Overcome My Frustration With J A M B Examinations by jethro2: 6:58am On May 20, 2013
The registration and forms for the new section is available now. Hurry and pick yours. More details will be further posted
Re: How I Overcome My Frustration With J A M B Examinations by jethro2: 7:00am On May 20, 2013
Registration and Training for; IJMB interim joint matriculation board examination(O'&A')Levels Sciences, Social science & Art, program that qualifies you to gain university admission into 200 level to study any course of your choice in Nigeria university without U.T.M.E and post ume is on. The IJMBE is essentially an Advance Level Examination program except for only
two subjects offered at the ordinary level for student with deficiency in Mathematics and English can register. A candidate is required to obtain a minimum of 7/8 out of 15
points to qualify for university admission at 200 level. Candidates
are required to have 5 O’ level credits (including Mathematics and
English) before their admitted into the university.
The following are the University which accepts IJMB results for direct entry(200L) admission.
1, UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN
2, AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY,ZARIA.
3, DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY,ABRAKA.
4,RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY.
5,UNIVERSITY OF UYO,UYO.
6,CROSS RIVER STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY.
7, UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR
8, FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA
9, UNIVERSITY OF JOS
10, BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY .
11,ALL UNIVERSITIES IN NORTHERN,NORTH CENTRAL AND MIDDLE BELT IN NIGERIA.
12, ALL PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA.

Our centre location is Abeokuta, Ogun State
For more info call 08064688501 or send e mail to heedtechnical@yahoo.com or adesola_yinka@yahoo.com
Re: How I Overcome My Frustration With J A M B Examinations by jethro2: 9:15am On May 20, 2013
WAYS TO GAIN ADMISSION WITHOUT JAMB!!!

It is no news again that every year,millions of students purchase JAMB form and write the exam,thereafter proceed to write a POST-JAMB exam before admission can take place.This admission also depends on the students performance in both Jamb and post utme.

This process starting from purchasing a jamb form to purchasing a post utme form,writing and exam and coming out with a good score is what some student has not been finding so easy or funny.

The most painful aspect about this is that the moment you don't pass the jamb or you even pass the jamb and you don't have a good score in the post ume that year,all your effrt that year is just wasted.

About a hundred and thousands of students failed this year Jamb,the highest in its existence. A very high population of student failed jamb though some of them blame their failure on jamb but the actual fact is that some student have passed through Jamb more than 8 times,And everytime they come out with 240+,250+,260+ and still no ADMISSION was given to them!

As a concerned educationist, this has made me to go into findings and i came out with the following

1.IJMB:INTERIM JOINT MATRICULATION BOARD, It is an A level program of 9 month that after completion qualifies you to 200 level in any Nigeria University through Direct Entry. CHECK PAGE 4 OF JAMB BROCHURE ITEM 2.2 (2) TO CONFIRM IJMB AS A REQUIREMENT FOR UNIVERSITY ADMISSION' also check "IJMB DIRECT ENTRY PROGRAMME" of "KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS" "PAGE 30 of jamb brochure".

All its requires is your o'level result be it Waec, neco, nabteb etc (5 credit one sitting,and 6 credit two sittings).

2.DIPLOMA/PRE-DEGREE: Mostly all nigeria tertiary institution offers a diploma and/or pre-degree program.Diploma is a program that runs for 1/2/3 years depending on the school and course which upon completion give you admission into 200level through direct entry while pre-degree runs for 7-9month depending on the school which gives you admission into 100level upon completion.

3.A'LEVEL AWARDING EDUCATIONAL CONSULT: There are some legitimate educational consult across nigeria that award A'Level result which can be use to apply for admission into 200level in any tertiary institution in and outside nigeria

4.SCHOOLS OUTSIDE NIGERIA: All schools outside Nigeria don't require you writing jamb or your jamb score, All its requires is your WAEC, or WAEC-GCE result which you must at least have (minimum of 4 credit in one sitting,and 5 credit two sittings)

So many internal courses are done in our tertiary institution which people don't know about and doesn't requires you writing jamb or post jamb. call and ask your friend,relatives in any tertiary institution and enquiry about courses done in his/her school that doesn't require jamb or post jamb.
For more information call 08064688501 or send mail to heedtechnical@yahoo.com
Re: How I Overcome My Frustration With J A M B Examinations by jethro2: 6:51am On May 21, 2013
Refistration for NOV/DEC GCE preparation class is also going on.
Re: How I Overcome My Frustration With J A M B Examinations by jethro2: 8:38am On Jun 01, 2013
I J M B lectures for the coming year is in progress. For any kind of information on the programm please call 08064688501 or send mail to heedtechnical@yahoo.com. We are always there to help you
Re: How I Overcome My Frustration With J A M B Examinations by jethro2: 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2013
I J M B registration and lectures for next year is on. Call 08064688501
Re: How I Overcome My Frustration With J A M B Examinations by jethro2: 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2013
Ijmb admission is late for this year. You may plan for next year. You are all welcome

(1) (Reply)

Admission via IJMB/JUPEB / University Of Abuja 2011/2012 Post Utme Form Is Out / 2013 Turkiye Scholarships Postgraduate Applications Started

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.