Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,022 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' (30647 Views)

Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment / Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again / Ombatse Cult: "We Are Not Militias, We Are A Prayer Group " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by Omogbhollahorn(m): 11:50pm On May 19, 2013
i pity ona make war reach ona place first
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 19, 2013
wot abt bomb?

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by tempest01(m): 11:53pm On May 19, 2013
I recall vividly when fulanis were planning to invade our village in .......... during my service year, our chief called in one man, and he was doing the bullet proof stuff for 500naira only for the youths. I left to abuja, returning, I learnt the stuff worked, and the attack was reprised and one fulani killed.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by NoahKallamu: 12:20am On May 20, 2013
Na wa o!
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by VolvoS60(m): 12:23am On May 20, 2013
Jakumo: To ward off bullets and grenade shrapnel, I prefer to glue the skull of a baboon to my head, while placing the head of a male parrot in each of my shirt pockets, along with some lizard feet and chit.

For your own traditional bullet, cutlass and grenade protection, send your non-refundable voluntary cash donation of just $99.95, to P.O. BOX I-419, Ajegunle-By-Th'Sea, Lagos, Nigeria. Take advantage of the Spring Blowout Sale and pay this low amount NOW.

Also in stock but in limited quantities are Seduction Juju for horn-dogs like you, Impunity Juju that is a must-have for criminals and embezzlers, Curse Reversal Juju for pastors who bone congregation wives, Money-Without-Work Juju for lazy phucks like you, Teleportation Juju for you travellers wanting to save on airfares, and of course Immortality Juju, designed specifically to cure death and other serious illnesses.

grin grin grin

^^^^This fellow is a riot. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by nas00(m): 1:00am On May 20, 2013
Odeshi apart, this man's answers to most of the questions asked him were not direct. Largely incoherent and amounts to a deliberate (foolish) attempt to hype his clan. This was how Boko Haram and other similar militia started by committing heinous crimes followed by issuing bogus statements. FG should respond now ooo (Zaki-Biam on my mind)

No clan or ethnic group should take law into their own hands. In addition, on no account should the armed forces exhibit high-handedness by hurting civillians, except absolutely necessary as collateral damage.

These are the rules for peaceful co-existence, which we must embrace for lasting peace in nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by tonididdy(m): 1:10am On May 20, 2013
...lets see you odeshe this...

Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaboooooooooooooom MF

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by Gamji007: 1:40am On May 20, 2013
mobuch:

Please. Can anyone direct me on d way to d ombatse village? Business done start. tongue

Go to Nassarawa state police headqtrs and ask.

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by Gamji007: 1:48am On May 20, 2013
rufdyamond: wot abt bomb?

Good question!
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by thrugemaster(m): 1:59am On May 20, 2013
all they need is a standard Artillery Bombardment....... ODECHE KO.... ODECHE NI... Rat no dey claim right of way with cat (permit me to break section 21)
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by Pribo(m): 2:55am On May 20, 2013
Except no be woman born you. If bullets no fit do the work, there are 6million other ways to die. We have seen these things a million times over when the boys down South here even went for operations with the 'jazzmen'. Where them dey now? ;DExcept no be woman born you. If bullets no fit do the work, there are 6million other ways to die. We have seen these things a million times over when the boys down South here even went for operations with the 'jazzmen'. Where them dey now?
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by Lenny5000(m): 3:12am On May 20, 2013
I guess some people dont even bother to read the whole thing before they start commenting. This hear is a very interesting and enligthining read
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:38am On May 20, 2013
It's only in Nigeria that these religious touts have a say. Let them try that bullet proof trash to the simple pistol of American ninjas that killed Osama.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by a1solution: 4:05am On May 20, 2013
It's very posible to avert bullet and and other dangerous weapon. Ignorance is a disease that is why people are doubting it.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by tomsongz(m): 4:33am On May 20, 2013
I wonder how we nigerians think. Am seeing comments lyk "jtf should go and clear da comunity wit ammor tanks",how can some wit his right senses say stuff lyk dis.
You want make dem go clear a whole comunity(as in men,women,kids) just becuse dey defended dem self,has anybody asked wat 100 fully police men where doing in a small community?

5 Likes

Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by greenlilly(m): 5:04am On May 20, 2013
Guys pls take time to read the interview before u comment.it is high time we revert back to what our ancestors were practising before the invasion by the oyinbos who fooled our ancestors with mirror and introduce foreign religions to us and see the havoc religion has done to our society .The people who introduce these religions to us are no longer practising them.Folks I am saying it categorically islam and christainity don't fit us blacks our tradition is what fits us it is high time we start asking our politicians to start swearing with our gods like Ogun amadioha ayilala and the god of the eggon and see how corruption will drop drastically.Truth is indeed bitter
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by shyvicky: 6:00am On May 20, 2013
pls is there any eggon people on nl,my request is this please tell your people to match in groups and visit all the corupt leaders of niaja for cleansing of the land
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by lastpage: 6:37am On May 20, 2013
My Take:

1.) The interview NEVER said or showed that the mbatse group killed the 100 or so dead security operatives.

2.) It is the group's domain that was invaded by 100's of Policemen. WHY? to capture just "one old man"? Dont think so!

3.) Since the Police were armed very well, if "Odeshi" does NOT WORK (as most ignorant Nigerians here are saying), how come the Policemen died while those they were shooting, SURVIVED? or was the Police weapons forgotten at a beer parlour along the road? Think about it for a second, before saying its is just "hype".

4.) Why was the leader of the group that they sort to arrest, not first INVITED to say, the Police headquarters in the state or Abuja and lets see if he would refuse? Why go arrest him with truckloads of armed officers? Is this a case of "sheer display and use of excessive power" by law enforcement agents? Where the "security operatives" already aware of the "extent of danger" they will face? (Otherwise, why not just go with say five armed police men?)

5.) Even if l cannot trust what this Mbatse-man is saying, should the Police themselves not be able to tell us (and show us video evidence) of how 100 of their men died in "battle"?
I mean, how can that be so difficult in this day and era of "Smart Phones" with Camera even far better than a traditional Camera? Boko haram or MEND Video we do see regularly, was this "pitch invasion" blacked-out by somebody, somewhere?
I have never seen so much secrecy surrounding something that is so brazen alarming as this one!
angry angry

Beleive me, there is more to this story than both sides are telling us.

As for the Mbatse group, they have volunteered that "they are spiritual but not violent" and anyone with a 'clue' about such things knows that it is not "physical"... and looking for physical-empirical evidence is futile.

But the Police is not 'spiritual' as well now, abi?

I dont want them to go to that jungle Village and kill "innocent by-standers" as the Police has a reputation of doing (after an armed robbery they probably know about), just to make us feel they are "doing something".

We need "facts about how these men died". As someones parents, husbands, fathers, Uncles, e.t.c, the TRUTH should not be hidden or swept under the carpet.
I.G of Police, tell us what really happened, ask that your quickly "retiring Commissioner".

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by igwe4life(m): 6:45am On May 20, 2013
I did my NYSC in Nasarawa Eggon in 2003 - 2004. The people are indeed peaceful and hospitable provided you respect their traditions and dont make advances on their wives.

One thing i can tell you though is that i can confirm that they have the highest jazz in Nigeria. Dont joke with them, those hills there are inhabited with demons for real.
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by aquabeing: 6:45am On May 20, 2013
Guns don't kill people,people kill people.
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by tspun(m): 7:03am On May 20, 2013
so the govt dont want to do anything about those policeman that were killed. So the case don pass like dis die? Abi uno don they fear them bcus of their bulletproof?
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by confusion247(m): 7:12am On May 20, 2013
We have heard enough of this rubbish. Nigeria has become a country of comedians were those that killed security officers will come out and have press conference and interviews.
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by Nobody: 7:27am On May 20, 2013
Omo this people "Odeshi" na tested and trusted oh... Civilization neva dilute am...Kai! Africans we tight sha
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by yoged(m): 7:27am On May 20, 2013
Nonsense. I dont blame them. I'll blame Nigeria police, their gun cant even kill a goat. All there sakabula and double barrel gun den dey carry about. I pity those Ombatse, if dem see RPG or Grenade, make den no run. If he blow like 4 of dem at once, den go run pass usian bolt. Their body will just serve as ketch-up for other Ombatse group that thinks they have a bulletproof..... Send Jtf to them with enough machine gun, grenade and RPG. They'll all be dead. Nonsense
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by kpozite(m): 7:29am On May 20, 2013
It's like Ombaste will be more effective than EFCC, imagine if all this politicians and subsidy thieves were members instant death before probe after stealing. grin
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by Nobody: 7:30am On May 20, 2013
tspun: so the govt dont want to do anything about those policeman that were killed. So the case don pass like dis die? Abi uno don they fear them bcus of their bulletproof?

If you be security agent and dem wan send you to this community to go bring the perpetrators to book, U go gree go after you hear say dem tidy up to 100 policemen?
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by toprealman: 7:32am On May 20, 2013
stal: I think its high time the government shoulld research into Mbatse bulletproof technology and begin to export same to other parts of the world. this could improve our economy. Lol
I think it is high time you read through articles properly before you make any comment.
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by stankezzy: 7:39am On May 20, 2013
tspun: so the govt dont want to do anything about those policeman that were killed. So the case don pass like dis die? Abi uno don they fear them bcus of their bulletproof?
the govment cannot be in two fronts at the same time,even usa finds it difficult to open another front with iran when many of their solgers are occupied.just wait after this boko maran issue,the solgers will tackle them.probably help to make the village a desolate area for farming.
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by Nobody: 7:39am On May 20, 2013
mankand: Never blamed the goat. I only blame the impotent president that cannot roll out tanks and drones to level the community.

Memories of Obj and Odi on my mind
nasarawa is cpc state. pdp will take that state back. eggon tribe is the key.
Re: Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' by Intrepid1(m): 7:41am On May 20, 2013
yoged: Nonsense. I dont blame them. I'll blame Nigeria police, their gun cant even kill a goat. All there sakabula and double barrel gun den dey carry about. I pity those Ombatse, if dem see RPG or Grenade, make den no run. If he blow like 4 of dem at once, den go run pass usian bolt. Their body will just serve as ketch-up for other Ombatse group that thinks they have a bulletproof..... Send Jtf to them with enough machine gun, grenade and RPG. They'll all be dead. Nonsense

The Nigerian police uses AK47s. Have you seen what a 7.62mm bullet does to the human body? If you insist the NPF can't kill a goat, go and slap a Mobile Policeman holding an AK and come back and tell us the story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Sister Says DSS Men Are Trying To Kill Her Brother In Detention / Obasanjo Awarded $841.6m Rail Project Without Mou –chinese Firm / Railway Engineering Scholarships In China Hijacked By Buhari’s Ministers, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.