Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! (976 Views)

The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: / How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? / The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by nice4life: 10:47pm On May 19, 2013
Mathew 22:37-38 “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.This is the great and first commandment."
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by okeyxyz(m): 11:10pm On May 19, 2013
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by plaetton: 11:36pm On May 19, 2013
Well, obviously someone's got a big self-esteem problem.

2 Likes

Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by nice4life: 11:49pm On May 19, 2013
plaetton: Well, obviously someone's got a big self-esteem problem.
when I saw ur post I had to go through your post history to understand where you're coming from.Hear me mr Pagan, this is the first and the greatest commandment , those who fails to keep it are guilty of the first and greatest sin however God's mercy never comes to end and He is ready to forgive you the day u come to the realization of this truth.
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by Vansnickers: 12:23am On May 20, 2013
If i don't love God, what happens?! Will he force me to?

1 Like

Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by nice4life: 12:34am On May 20, 2013
Van snickers: If i don't love God, what happens?! Will he force me to?
That means you are a sinner and guilty of the greatest sin.
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by plaetton: 1:06am On May 20, 2013
nice4life:
when I saw ur post I had to go through your post history to understand where you're coming from.Hear me mr Pagan, this is the first and the greatest commandment , those who fails to keep it are guilty of the first and greatest sin however God's mercy never comes to end and He is ready to forgive you the day u come to the realization of this truth.

Truth my bottom.
I don't know who is more of a mental case, you or loving sky-daddy
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by nice4life: 2:19am On May 20, 2013
plaetton:

Truth my bottom.
I don't know who is more of a mental case, you or loving sky-daddy
The issue is that you're a pagan as a result of rebellion not because you are seeking the truth.I'm worried about your case because you think rebelling against God will make him recognize your existence and heal your hurtful soul but you're very wrong.
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by Kay17: 8:35am On May 20, 2013
The Beauty in love is that its voluntary, it is shared between EQUAL partners, its an admiration of the Beauty in the other person, in whatever form.

Love can not be commanded, Respect can.

1 Like

Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by okeyxyz(m): 9:43am On May 20, 2013
Kay 17: The Beauty in love is that its voluntary, it is shared between EQUAL partners, its an admiration of the Beauty in the other person, in whatever form.

Love can not be commanded, Respect can.

This is a lie. A politically correct and deceptive definition of love. Love is not voluntary. If you choose to love, then you [size=13pt]must[/size] follow up with it's requirements and demonstrations, otherwise you don't love.

Next you'd be telling us that loyalty is voluntary. grin grin grin
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by Nobody: 10:09am On May 20, 2013
YAL DO ERR NOT KNOWING SCRIPTURES. YOU NEVER MET THE MAN. HE DONT EXPECT YOU TO LOVE HIM THE PERSON. THATS IDOLATRY. WHAT DOES LOVING GOD ENTAIL ? JOHN 14 VS 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments

1 JOHN 5 VS 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

WHICH GOES TO SHOW THAT SHDEMIDEMI THE PURVEYOR OF THE GRACE DOCTRINE HAS NO LOVE FOR GOD. JUST LAWLESS LMAO
OKEYXYZ I SEE YOUR REPROBATE SELF ALL UP IN THIS THREAD. LOL
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by okeyxyz(m): 10:09am On May 20, 2013
Love is a commandment.

You don't volunteer to love your mother; you are expected(commanded) to.
You don't volunteer to love(patriotism) your country; you are expect(commanded) to.
You don't volunteer to love(Loyalty) your employer; you are expected(commanded) to.
You don't volunteer to love(provision & protection) your children; you are expected(commanded) to.

etc, etc.

It's Funny how atheists would embrace corruption and evils, like telling us "love is voluntary", Just because they can't stomach the fact that (some) religious doctrines are actually correct.
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by okeyxyz(m): 10:16am On May 20, 2013
obadiah777: YAL DO ERR NOT KNOWING SCRIPTURES. YOU NEVER MET THE MAN. HE DONT EXPECT YOU TO LOVE HIM THE PERSON. THATS IDOLATRY. WHAT DOES LOVING GOD ENTAIL ? JOHN 14 VS 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments

1 JOHN 5 VS 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

WHICH GOES TO SHOW THAT SHDEMIDEMI THE PURVEYOR OF THE GRACE DOCTRINE HAS NO LOVE FOR GOD. JUST LAWLESS LMAO
OKEYXYZ I SEE YOUR REPROBATE SELF ALL UP IN THIS THREAD. LOL

Hmm, every Once in a (million) while, I agree with @obadiah.
You are not totally lost bro. [size=13pt]+100[/size] likes. wink
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by Nobody: 10:22am On May 20, 2013
okeyxyz:

Hmm, every Once in a (million) while, I agree with @obadiah.
You are not totally lost bro. [size=13pt]+100[/size] likes. wink
TO THE LOST THE ESTABLISHED IS LOST. I AM HERE TO HELP FIND YOU BROTHER OKEYXYZ. I AM HERE TO RESCUE YOU FROM THE STATE OF REPROBATENESS. LAY YOUR BURDEN ON ME BROTHER OKEYXYZ. WE ALL NEED SOMEBODY TO LEAN ON. AM I MY BROTHERS KEEPER ? YES I AM grin
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by Kay17: 10:24am On May 20, 2013
okeyxyz:

This is a lie. A politically correct and deceptive definition of love. Love is not voluntary. If you choose to love, then you [size=13pt]must[/size] follow up with it's requirements and demonstrations, otherwise you don't love.

Love is qualia, therefore has no obvious physical effects.
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by Kay17: 10:31am On May 20, 2013
okeyxyz: Love is a commandment.

You don't volunteer to love(patriotism) your country; you are expect(commanded) to.
You don't volunteer to love(Loyalty) your employer; you are expected(commanded) to.
You don't volunteer to love(provision & protection) your children; you are expected(commanded) to.

etc, etc.

It's Funny how atheists would embrace corruption and evils, like telling us "love is voluntary", Just because they can't stomach the fact that (some) religious doctrines are actually correct.

Why do you love your mother?

Why do you love your country?

If your reasons are because you are commanded to do so, then you have no reasons to love em other than being commanded.

Empty love$
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by nnofaith: 12:11pm On May 20, 2013
i tot it was only sango (yoruba god of thunder) that is expected to be loved by force!
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 20, 2013

etc, etc.

If ones mother is a serial killer, he is supposed to love her?
Is one supposed to be loyal to a failed state/country eg Chechnya/Somalia?
Is one meant to be loyal to his employee or meant to do his job?
Wrong....you gave birth to the child and you bear the responsibility....is it then a crime to give ur child up for adoption?

It is funny how christians think in only one dimension......

Ooman is becoming a prophet; "dumb xtians" grin grin
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 20, 2013
Kay 17:

Why do you love your mother?

Why do you love your country?

If your reasons are because you are commanded to do so, then you have no reasons to love em other than being commanded.

Empty love$

Gbam, love is voluntary.....
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 20, 2013
nice4life: Mathew 22:37-38 “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.This is the great and first commandment."

Hallo nice,

That bit of sacred scriptures is not meant to tell us that love is by force....

Love is a choice!!!
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by plaetton: 2:01pm On May 20, 2013
okeyxyz:

You are a bundle of contradictions.

First you say that love is not voluntary, then, in the sentence that follows you say " if you choose to love, you must blah blah blah".

What is the difference between voluntary and choose?

Loving my mother , my children, and my country are still choices that I made at some point in my life.
But also, I know them all, and the love is reciprocated and felt.
They neither demand worship nor promise eternal torture if I do not love them.
And they are not invisible.

A deity that commands love is a very pathetic low self-esteem deity.
It means that your god does not seem to understand the meaning of love and respect.

I can understand the fear of a wrathful genocidal maniac.
But to love and respect that maniac?
How?
You gotta be kidding.
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by Heatblast(m): 2:52pm On May 20, 2013
plaetton:

First you say that love is not voluntary, then, in the sentence that follows you say " if you choose to love, you must blah blah blah".

don't you know he is using the infamous Christian logic angry
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by Heatblast(m): 2:56pm On May 20, 2013

[b]You don't volunteer to love your mother; you are expected(commanded) to.
You don't volunteer to love(provision & protection) your children; you are expected(commanded) to.[b]

etc, etc.

so you love your mom by force sorry to say but you know next to nothing about love.
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by nice4life: 3:34pm On May 20, 2013
plaetton:

Loving my mother , my children, and my country are still choices that I made at some point in my life.
But also, I know them all, and the love is reciprocated and felt.
They neither demand worship nor promise eternal torture if I do not love them.
And they are not invisible.

A deity that commands love is a very pathetic low self-esteem deity.
It means that your god does not seem to understand the meaning of love and respect.

I can understand the fear of a wrathful genocidal maniac.
But to love and respect that maniac?
How?
You gotta be kidding.
Do you expect God to reason the way you do or think like a man? God's thought are not our thoughts, and his ways is different from our ways. You lack the understanding of godliness and trying to comprehend it with your carnal mind will only delude you except you ask for understanding.
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by plaetton: 3:39pm On May 20, 2013
nice4life:
Do you expect God to reason the way you do or think like a man? God's thought are not our thoughts, and his ways is different from our ways. You lack the understanding of godliness and trying to comprehend it with your carnal mind will only delude you except you ask for understanding.

Oh pardon me.
I forgot that god's logic is impeccable , and man's understanding falls short.
Is there a potion we humans are supposed to drink to understand your god's logic?
Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 20, 2013
plaetton:

Oh pardon me.
I forgot that god's logic is impeccable , and man's understanding falls short.
Is there a potion we humans are supposed to drink to understand your god's logic?

Better yet ask him how he knows how God's logic works. Or whether there is even a different type of logic from that which we know.

These religious pople and their nonsense

1 Like

Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by Mamacita007(f): 1:23am On May 21, 2013
nice4life:

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. Isaiah 56:8

“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9

1 Like

Re: Loving God Is Not A Choice, It Is A Commandment!!! by Nobody: 6:26am On May 21, 2013
YES. which i choose to obey...
not because of any bible...but because of the natural void I have automatically acquired from birth as a human being.

you see,

*walks up to the pulpit* grin grin

I believe every human being is born with a natural void they want, need and have to fill.

Truth is, Genuine love for self and others along with the spiritual connection with God, are the only ways to do so. I believe that God created us this way (with void) so that we will use our experiences in life to analyze, reflect and learn which would draw us closer to him. After having done those, a spiritual person who understands will naturally seek and have a connection with him. It would be then that they'd feel and would truly be "whole"...#finally.

Going back to >>> "That void"..again we all have it/them.
...It's the reason religions exists....ESP. atheism.

Some folks turn to atheism, drugs, or other means to "shortcut" their way into contentment, because they cannot accept certain parts of life that they may see as unfair, nonsensical or they just don't understand. They don't like rules and most importantly, they fear not being in control. This is usually because of them losing one or more of life's tests which leaves the embittered or in denial.

ex: someone in either category above loses a child...

for them it's not,
"God took away my child so that I could learn to love and perhaps give that love + more to another child in need by way of adoption"...

but rather...
"I lost a child, why didn't So and So? Why me?! This "God" can't be real!"

but even then when they indulge in what they see as "alternatives" they still end up miserable and wondering what is the meaning of their lives and how do they go about understanding it. The same VOID remains even when the answer is in front of them but they choose to ignore.

I don't plan on going out like that. I have a journey, a spiritual one that I am willing and ready to face. I don't know a lot about the world or even why I am here. & Life isn't always fair to me but I've always pulled through and still believe. I'll understand it all in full one day.

(1) (Reply)

Testimonies Of Today In The Programme Titled 'that Yoke Must Break' / Pastor W. F Kumuyi Preaching Live On TV / APC In Crisis -TB Joshua’s Prophecy Already Coming To Pass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.