Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells (16138 Views)

How Do You Stop A Car That Failed Brake ? / Brake Pads And Brake Lining Which Is More Effective? / Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 20, 2013
ebamma: Gej is working firstly
He brought facebook into nigeria
He brought twitter into nigeria
He brought nairaland into our consciousness
He brought 2go into nigeria and lastly
this
If u don't vote for a man who did all this you are an enemy of progress
Vote for gej
Vote for progress

Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 20, 2013
not even the name or class of the developer, which kain shadow reporting be this na
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by docjuli(m): 3:23pm On May 20, 2013
konn: the minister should remove the brake pad in his vehicle and replace it with the one made with palm kernel shells to test run this will go a long way in convincing people to buy it

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by batstan(m): 3:24pm On May 20, 2013
And that is the last we will ever hear of this great achievment. The only things we hear over and over again are: corruption, police bruttallity, bloodbath, child molestation....etc. The govt do not encourage anything meaningful to the end. Hmmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by Jaideyone(m): 3:28pm On May 20, 2013
Idi Amin: Am sure the young man is Igbo. You can't see such brain elsewhere. smiley
keep decieving yourself
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by Sirnokiopee(m): 3:44pm On May 20, 2013
So you want me to drive a Benz or Toyota with a palm kernel brake pad? and get my car insured by banga soup insurance company limited hun? ok.

On a serz note...nice innovation, gradually we will get there. All we need is encouragement not only from the govt but from fellow Nigerians.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by koruji(m): 3:56pm On May 20, 2013
Someone missed his regulars !!!

this
Vote for gej
Vote for progress
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by Chinaimporter: 4:44pm On May 20, 2013
[size=18pt]makepresident goodluck johnatan start to dey use am first as na im first taste cassava bread or better still labaran maku[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by achi4u(m): 4:50pm On May 20, 2013
odi egwugrin

The break pad IBETO GROUP,OTC INVESTMEN and CHIKASON GROUP have been producing for ages with palm kenel that you guys are celebrating.

good for the guy sha.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 20, 2013
For those asking for photographs, here are asbestos-free brake pads developed using a different natural bassage (the residue fiber left behind when sugar cane is pressed to extract the sugar)

The results obtained in this work were compared with that of commercial brake pad (asbestos based) and optimum formulation laboratory brake pad Palm Kernel Shell based (PKS), the results are in close agreement. Hence bagasse can be used in production of asbestos-free brake pad.

Reference: Aigbodion, V. S., Akadike, U., Hassan, S. B., Asuke, F., & Agunsoye, J. O. (2010). Development of asbestos-free brake pad using bagasse. Tribology in Industry, 32(1), 12–18.

Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by HonKontigi: 5:19pm On May 20, 2013
Krasid: What is dis one saying
He is saying nothing.
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by dokia: 5:46pm On May 20, 2013
nice work...but abeg let me know2 when that car is coming down the road....so I can jump out of the way!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by slimfit1(m): 6:06pm On May 20, 2013
this
Vote for gej
Vote for progress

This is the best you can come up with ?
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by Policewoman(f): 6:23pm On May 20, 2013
BIAFRAN TINZ grin grin
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by anishe(m): 6:25pm On May 20, 2013
Only in Nigeria will this kind of thing happen. Has the product been certified fit to use before you start selling 1 million units. What will happen if the product is a failure? Only in Naija.
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by lernah: 6:34pm On May 20, 2013
Wow!! Amazing arbeg mk business men help d guy invention
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by Asemo11(m): 6:35pm On May 20, 2013
Nice invention
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by sammmiey1: 6:48pm On May 20, 2013
Naija made?!!!Who wan die?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by tonym1(m): 7:15pm On May 20, 2013
BUT WHERE IS THE BREAK PADS
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by sportfeva(m): 7:25pm On May 20, 2013
Idi Amin: Am sure the young man is Igbo. You can't see such brain elsewhere. smiley
Who cares if he is Igbo, the fact remains that he is a Nigerian. Please use your juicy meat up there for better things like this guy.
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by ayobo1(m): 10:15pm On May 20, 2013
na wao for dis my dearest country, if oyibo do sometin dem de test runa, nw d pad weather na break pad abi na baby pad dem for test runa am nw for nigerians make dem see, dem come de show us banga. make de inventor test am with minister of science and tech personal car make we see wetin go happan. whether d minister go stil de alive after trip from city to gwagalada. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin naija inventors, no be so oyibo de do deir own oh
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by AbuMikey(m): 10:21pm On May 20, 2013
I refuse to comment on this
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by Goldmind1(m): 11:19pm On May 20, 2013
Edison Brake pad and Lining has been manufacturing brake pads using palm kernels since my cradle days. These Igbo are really enterprising.
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by Originalsly: 12:34am On May 21, 2013
Hmmm... man wey dey reason...Brake pads ...must be able to withstand intense heat. For that reason asbestos and ceramic are used. Now here we are making brake pads from palm kernel....a fuel...are we now trying to make brake pad out of a fuel? I can see many car fires ahead.
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by Nobody: 2:10am On May 21, 2013
ZUBY77:

Apparently it was manufactured for poor people while the rich people buys their own from Germany and Japan..

The name of my car is BMW. Before i buy any breakpad, i will check the base to make sure i see BMW written on it.
Are you Chelseabmw Jes asking.. grin
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by kross01(m): 6:58am On May 21, 2013
some people and their comments sha; has it been tested? GEj should test it in his car; minister should put it in his car first. Did anybody even bother to check the part of the interim report that talks about having met with SON's recommendations on brake pads or does it mean you dont know that SON is nigeria's apex standards regulatory body? How did they find out it satisfies SON if it wasnt through test? And for your information any brake pad manufacturing factory must have a crash demonstration lab where further tests are carried out on the pad and not on the road .
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by thundey95(m): 9:14am On May 21, 2013
Where are those brake pads na? we need prove before we can invest our money into it? you're wondering who's this, this is Special Adviser to Chief Aliko Dangote of Dangote Company,give proof and our company will invest, though the name of the brake pads will change to Dangote Brake Pads
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by Rooneyboy(m): 12:17pm On May 21, 2013
Vanneni: Are you Chelseabmw Jes asking.. grin

Do u like chelsea

Pls do let me know, cld hook u up. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 21, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Do u like chelsea

Pls do let me know, cld hook u up. cheesy
Not exactly. It's jes dat you wrote like the person with the handle chelseabmw.
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by Rooneyboy(m): 1:48pm On May 21, 2013
Vanneni: Not exactly. It's jes dat you wrote like the person with the handle chelseabmw.

Nah ! I'm not, we two different fellas .
Re: Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 21, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Nah ! I'm not, we two different fellas .
Yeah, you use grean fonts while he uses blue. But the tone of that particular post of yours sounded so much like him. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does Your Coolant Gauge Read? / 10 Cars That Can Easily Take You Above 320,000 Kilometers - Consumer Reports / Durability Of Innoson Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.