Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Test Case Generation From UML Diagrams In Java Code - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Test Case Generation From UML Diagrams In Java Code (1084 Views)

UML Or ORM Model? / UML / Ooad With Uml (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Test Case Generation From UML Diagrams In Java Code by Nov1ce(m): 1:56pm On May 20, 2013
Hi all,
Trying to help a friend out with the implementation of the above title. Not one of the things I've done before, anybody has any ideas?
Re: Test Case Generation From UML Diagrams In Java Code by Javanian: 5:43pm On May 20, 2013
do you want to do it manually or do you want it generated from a set of classes in your project?
Re: Test Case Generation From UML Diagrams In Java Code by Nov1ce(m): 6:03pm On May 20, 2013
Hey Babe!
Whats poppin?
Well it's gonna work this way, the UML diagrams are built in tools such as MagicDrawUML or Visio and then an MDL or XML file is generated.
It is this file that the Java code would now use to generate test cases!
U grab?
Re: Test Case Generation From UML Diagrams In Java Code by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 20, 2013
Use BlueJ and thank me later, but i hate it cuz its too beginner-ish but it will handle it for you.
Re: Test Case Generation From UML Diagrams In Java Code by Javanian: 8:36pm On May 20, 2013
Try yUML, its open source and you can integrate it with netbeans
Re: Test Case Generation From UML Diagrams In Java Code by Nov1ce(m): 12:36am On May 21, 2013
Thanks guys!
I've gone through your suggestions and have found some cool things, but none of them start from where I want.
I'm not looking for a program/plugin that'll help draw UML diagrams or convert them to classes.
The starting point of the project is to first get a suitable UML modelling tool (that would give me the diagrams in MDL/XML formats) with a very good Java parser API and then we can move forward with an algorithm to test the compliance of the models.
Expecting you bright ideas as always!

(1) (Reply)

Pls.is It Advisable To Learn Two Programming Language Simultaneously? / School Portal / Do Certificates Matter When Employing A Programmer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.