Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

UML - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / UML (1124 Views)

Test Case Generation From UML Diagrams In Java Code / UML Or ORM Model? / Ooad With Uml (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UML by harryobas: 4:13am On May 22, 2012
UML which stands for unified modeling language is often defined in as a language for visualizing, specifying and documenting the artifacts of software systems. It is therefore imperative for software developers and architects to have a proper understanding of both the syntax and semantics of the language as well as its application. UML provides a means for developers to exchange design ideas among each other rather than in code. The disadvantage of representing design ideas in code is that today's programming languages cannot express architecture. UML being a visual language by nature provides an avenue for developers to visualize the structure of the application they are trying to build. Also UML is critical to learning and understanding design patterns.
Re: UML by ektbear: 6:25am On May 22, 2012
I like generating UML diagrams for object-oriented code I write. Really helpful for visualizing the relationship between classes.
Re: UML by Kobojunkie: 2:00pm On May 22, 2012
@Poster, are you trying to offer your time to help put together UML documents? If yes, please let us know oo. grin
Re: UML by harryobas: 9:11am On May 25, 2012
@kobojunkie Why not i will be happy to help put together some UML documents. I think is very important for developers/aspiring developers to properly understand UML syntax and semantics.

(1) (Reply)

Programming Blunders / A Nairalander's Mobile App For Naija Online Radio Station(Tijanja Radio 2.0) / Are Your Programmers Working Hard, Or Are They Lazy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.