Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Discipline Or Wickedness : Child Training - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Discipline Or Wickedness : Child Training (1622 Views)

BEATING YOUR KIDS; Discipline Or Abuse? / Lesson On Child Training And Character Development / When Does Child Training Become Child Abuse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discipline Or Wickedness : Child Training by mortee: 3:57pm On May 20, 2013
It's no news that child maltreatment happens everywhere, but it still baffles me why a mother would so beat her own child and inflict serious injury on him.

I have this neighbour who has a boy of about 10 years old. I have never seen the boy's father, so I guess she is a single mum. She beats him for every mistake, locks him out of the house if she is not at home, and proudly says she can starve the boy for days. For about a week now, I've heard people talk about the boy's health and how lean he has become. So it was very shocking when this woman started beating this boy last night because he vomitted in the house. The boy was able to run out, and even with all the pleads from other neighbours, the woman swore she was going to kill the boy if he entered the house. A neighbour eventually took the boy in, only for him to scream and run out again because his mother had slashed his ear with a razor blade.
My questions are:
1. Why would a mother hate her own child so much that she won't mind beating him to death?
2. In the case where she is not the real mother, why take in a child you know you can't show love and care?
3. Even if the child's father hurt you so bad and perhaps has left you, why take out your anger and frustrations on an innocent child?
4. What can a 10 year old boy do that will make the mother violently beat him and even use sharp objects on him?
Re: Discipline Or Wickedness : Child Training by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 20, 2013
i only pity her old age! the boy will surely grow up to hate her.
If the boy run away and turn to agbero , she will start cursing all the witch in her village not knowing she caused her own nightmare!
Re: Discipline Or Wickedness : Child Training by mortee: 4:09pm On May 20, 2013
aanumama: i only pity her old age! the boy will surely grow up to hate her.
If the boy run away and turn to agbero , she will start cursing all the witch in her village not knowing she caused her own nightmare!

Exactly my thought when she was even telling the boy to run away if he didn't want her to kill him.
Re: Discipline Or Wickedness : Child Training by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 20, 2013
She is transfering her anger and depression to the wrong person. The poor boy didn't beg to come to d world,she gave birth to him so why maltreating him.
@op,if u r a man and u witness this from her again,beat the hell outta her,treten her 2 and I bet u she will cool down by force.wicked woman
Re: Discipline Or Wickedness : Child Training by bebe2(f): 12:30am On May 21, 2013
pple like dat need to be told.

na fustration dey kill them.

but in a country were there is no social service wat do u expect.
Re: Discipline Or Wickedness : Child Training by MMotimo: 12:47am On May 21, 2013
yellowpawpaw: She is transfering her anger and depression to the wrong person. The poor boy didn't beg to come to d world,she gave birth to him so why maltreating him.
@op,if u r a man and u witness this from her again,beat the hell outta her,treten her 2 and I bet u she will cool down by force.wicked woman

I doubt vigilante justice is the solution here undecided
Re: Discipline Or Wickedness : Child Training by baby124: 3:51am On May 21, 2013
yellowpawpaw: She is transfering her anger and depression to the wrong person. The poor boy didn't beg to come to d world,she gave birth to him so why maltreating him.
She will soon kill him, and then her eyes will clear. Neighbors should just let her know that they know where police station is if they suspect foul play on the child. Adoption is a choice for such people.
Re: Discipline Or Wickedness : Child Training by Nobody: 8:19am On May 21, 2013
MMotimo:

I doubt vigilante justice is the solution here undecided
Do u know why i said @op should beat d hell outa her? I've seen it work in several cases.that's where those white garment churches becomes handy, they will beat out whatever that is worryin her!
We value children and don't deal kindly with anyone who decides to use her kids to learn fightin techniques.
Its just that in d city,nobody cares.
Nigerian police?,social service in nigeria? I wish they r working hence my advocatin for jungle justice!
Re: Discipline Or Wickedness : Child Training by MMotimo: 8:28am On May 21, 2013
Ok, I understand better, you meant for demon control cheesy. Still, the law is the law, make beating no go killam

yellowpawpaw:
Do u know why i said @op should beat d hell outa her? I've seen it work in several cases.that's where those white garment churches becomes handy, they will beat out whatever that is worryin her!
We value children and don't deal kindly with anyone who decides to use her kids to learn fightin techniques.
Its just that in d city,nobody cares.
Nigerian police?,social service in nigeria? I wish they r working hence my advocatin for jungle justice!
Re: Discipline Or Wickedness : Child Training by blushmg: 12:33pm On May 23, 2013
It's a pity. It's clear she is frustrated. Kids need to be trained but not this way.Beating the woman as yellowpawpaw suggested is not the solution, the child should be taken from her and she should be made to pay child support every month after all, she is the mother.
++++Don't bring a child you cant train into the world, rape is not an excuse.

1 Like

Re: Discipline Or Wickedness : Child Training by MMotimo: 1:57pm On May 23, 2013
blushmg: It's a pity. It's clear she is frustrated. Kids need to be trained but not this way.Beating the woman as yellowpawpaw suggested is not the solution, the child should be taken from her and she should be made to pay child support every month after all, she is the mother.
++++Don't bring a child you cant train into the world, rape is not an excuse.

Sometimes, the pregnancy is to entrap a man in marriage. The man eventually kicks her to the curb and the poor child is left open to physical and emotional abuse from the people she was abandoned with. It's a real problem

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Consider Your Unborn Kids As You Pick A Partner. Don't Be Selfishly In Love. / What Can A Woman Gain From Being Friends With A Married Man? / When You Add 'negativity' To Soberdrunks Opinion, It Wont End Well(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.