Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? (26383 Views)

Has Pep Guardiola Fail At Bayern Munich? / Cristiano Ronaldo Unhappy At Real Madrid / Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by ebamma(m): 11:19pm On May 20, 2013
Oahray:
hmmm... You really had to insult me? I'd let that pass.

DiMatteo literally performed a miracle with a Chelsea side that was considerably weaker and written-off than in previous seasons, and won the UCL even Mou couldn't deliver. Did he run off to the press and call himself "THE CHOSEN ONE"? Tell me one trophy Mou won with Madrid that Mancini did not win it's equivalent in England. Just one...
if u are comparing mancini with mourinho that means that u are more foolish than i thought, google mourinho, then google mancini read everything from total wins to total trophies compare and contrast before u come back here and write another rubbish
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by caukerzee(m): 11:20pm On May 20, 2013
ebamma: i am sure that u started watching football in 2010, for what mou achieved with porto chelsea inter and now taking madrid to 3 semis of cl and winning la liga with more than 100 points i rate him the best coach of the decade, mourinho threw away the copa del rey, so that fiorentino perez will sack him, if u like belief it or not, cassillas spying and ramos's misunderstanding with him cost madrid this season, mou is still the best like it or not
Mourinho bootlickers never seize to amaze me. He lost copa de rey on purpose like seriously? With or without copa win, he would have still left. Enough with the fallacies already! He wanted to lose yet he protested ref decisions and eventually got sent off? If theres any coach that hates to its Mourinho.

3 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by blackmann(m): 11:20pm On May 20, 2013
caukerzee: You Baboo! Get your ugly ass of my face i am not your kind. No be my fault say u fail maths for waec. From 2003 to 2013 is what? Idiat.

Abeg forgive the guy. Na JAMB and WAEC withhold ihn maths and English result.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 20, 2013
Freiburger:
And you think he is going to a place where he can settle for less? Please try to pay a close attention on rumors on the list of clubs where he may likely end up.

Dont get me wrong l said l like mou and l am a madrid fan.l really was looking forward to seeing him give them what they want it would have been the icing on the cake.l dont know where he will eventually go to but he is always my man the one
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Oahray: 11:26pm On May 20, 2013
ebamma: if u are comparing mancini with mourinho that means that u are more foolish than i thought, google mourinho, then google mancini read everything from total wins to total trophies compare and contrast before u come back here and write another rubbish
typical defense mechanism: avoid the question and attack the person that asked it. When you are done with the insults, tell me the answer to the question I asked. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by ebamma(m): 11:28pm On May 20, 2013
mou achievement as a coach with four different clubs makes him a legend already mou is at the level of the fabio capello's, guss hiddinks, jupp heynces, vincent del bosque's, if u say otherwise check out wikipedia
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by powerblaze(m): 11:29pm On May 20, 2013
The expectation on him is so high, that when he falls short of success , its seen as huge failure.. Look at arsenal.. No one rely bothers much that they've not won a trophy in 7 years plus.. Its normal! cheesy
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by boron10(m): 11:34pm On May 20, 2013
hornipipe: three to four years before his appointment did Madrid have a squad made up of young vibrant world class players like he did?
Do you realize how much was spent in transfer markets during his time just for the sake of forming a new galatico?
Give that same amount of money to any manager, and you'll be surprised he just might win even more trophies than mourinho.
The fact remains mourinho is overrated, there is absolutely nothing special about him.
What would you say about Manuel pelegrini that spent 80M pounds in bringing ronaldo, 56M pounds for kaka, brought higuain, huntelaar and some key players and yet could not manage a trophy throughout his stay at Madrid.

Did Mancini not spend more than the amount Mourinho spent in madrid? How many trophies did he have to show for the amount he spent? Yet, he's heralded as the most successful manchester city manager.

There should be no doubt about mourinho's capability since he's proven himself in 3 clubs already. His stay in madrid was marred by the dis-unity in his team.

His treble winning Inter that was inherited by Benitez were unable to find their feet under the new manager. So quit hating, he's the best.

2 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by caukerzee(m): 11:42pm On May 20, 2013
Wahala90:

When you hire somebody and there is an agreement, don't you put down the responsibility of the person? And if it was not spelt out or said anywhere (for you to use as proof) how did you know?

http://in.mobile.reuters.com/article/idINDEE94JOCR20130520?irpc=932 Read the 1st paragraph of this article.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 20, 2013
boron10:
What would you say about Manuel pelegrini that spent 80K pounds in bringing ronaldo, 56k pounds for kaka, brought higuain, huntelaar and some key players and yet could not manage a trophy throughout his stay at Madrid.

Did Mancini not spend more than the amount Mourinho spent in madrid? How many trophies did he have to show for the amount he spent? Yet, he's heralded as the most successful manchester city manager.

There should be no doubt about mourinho's capability since he's proven himself in 3 clubs already. His stay in madrid was marred by the dis-unity in his team.

His treble winning Inter that was inherited by Benitez were unable to find their feet under the new manager. So quit hating, he's the best.
ok he's the best, I don't think I have time to engage in a back and forth argument tonight.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 11:45pm On May 20, 2013
hornipipe: three to four years before his appointment did Madrid have a squad made up of young vibrant world class players like he did?
Do you realize how much was spent in transfer markets during his time just for the sake of forming a new galatico?
Give that same amount of money to any manager, and you'll be surprised he just might win even more trophies than mourinho.
The fact remains mourinho is overrated, there is absolutely nothing special about him.

Receiving a higher pay does not necessarily mean you are a better player or coach. Recently, Scolari was the highest paid but was not the best coach. Spending money on players does not necessarily mean you have the best players. Moreso, how come you always say Mou has the best players. Haters say he had the best players at Chelsea but when he left it took them years to find their feet. He even went to inter and used a new set of players to beat Chelsea. And haters started again "he has the best team". He left those inter players and till date they have not been able to find their feet. Mou is a First-Class coach and I don't think you know better than Ferguson who said,

"You have to regard his (Mourinho) achievements as really first-class" - Alex Ferguson

2 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dayokanu(m): 11:48pm On May 20, 2013
Wahala90:

Receiving a higher pay does not necessarily mean you are a better player or coach. Recently, Scolari was the highest paid but was not the best coach. Spending money on players does not mean necessarily mean you have the best players. Moreso, how come you always say Mou has the best players. Haters say he had the best players at Chelsea but when he left it took them years to find their feet. He even went to inter and used a new set of players to beat Chelsea. And haters started again "he has the best team". He left those inter players and till date they have not been able to find their feet. Mou is a First-Class coach and I don't think you know better than Ferguson who said,
[center]"You have to regard his (Mourinho) achievements as really first-class" - Alex Ferguson[/center]

When Mourinho left Chelsea, 8months later they got to the Champions league final, Which Mourinho never achieved in his stay at Chelsea

After him they have won league titles, FA CUP, even Champions League Jose couldnt win

3 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by tomakint: 11:48pm On May 20, 2013
dayokanu: Let him go back to the EPL where he can boss them around and tag him special one.

In Spain it would be remembered how he was humiliated and whining how they dont love him

Biggest loss of his career was in Spain, First home loss of his career was in Spain
For the first time I have to agree with dayokanu on this one, I am giving you a 9 on a 10 scale! You just captured the Mourinho's fiasco imaginatively well! Mourinho was fully loaded with cash (far more than 15 La Liga teams budgets put together) to shop for the best of players, yet he could only struggle to win 2 major domestic cups and 1 minor one! It is now crystal clear that Premiership is inferior to La Liga by all standard! Mourinho must have learnt one thing bitterly - don't mess with Spanish Press or you get messed up! Del Bosque achieved more than Mourinho with a less star-studded squad between 2000-2002!

2 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Mcleo007(m): 11:49pm On May 20, 2013
Lanspower: I disagree that he failed at Madrid. He is just a perfect example of an ideal coach who makes technical decisons without considering any player or group of players too big. It's a pity that Barca are already declining this time and that might be the only safing grace for Madrid next season and beyond. Not many coach could challenge the brilliance and wide popularity of Barca like Mou. Beleive it or not, La Liga has lost and icon and Elclassico has lost its class!

People like you only began to watch El Classico the moment Moanrihno got the Moudrid seat. Listen to those who know the history of the games as played btw the cultural divides of Spain. It will help inform you.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by caukerzee(m): 11:51pm On May 20, 2013
ebamma: mou achievement as a coach with four different clubs makes him a legend already mou is at the level of the fabio capello's, guss hiddinks, jupp heynces, vincent del bosque's, if u say otherwise check out wikipedia
Let Mou win a world cup and euro cup before you can put him in the same class as del bosque.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dayokanu(m): 11:52pm On May 20, 2013
Today also happens to be Iker Casilass birthday.

What a birthday gift to St Iker
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 11:59pm On May 20, 2013
dayokanu:

When Mourinho left Chelsea, 8months later they got to the Champions league final, Which Mourinho never achieved in his stay at Chelsea

After him they have won league titles, FA CUP, even Champions League Jose couldnt win
The final was started by Mou. How long did it take to win those titles?

tomakint:
Yet he could only struggle to win 2 major domestic cups and 1 minor one!
The almighty Fergie's first three season's in England was zero with so much cash spent. Spending cash on players does not guarantee titles.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dayokanu(m): 12:06am On May 21, 2013
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dayokanu(m): 12:08am On May 21, 2013
Wahala90:
The final was started by Mou. How long did it take to win those titles?

Mourinho left in 2007/2008 season

In 2008/2009 Chelsea won FA Cup
In 2009/2010 they won the league and Cup double
In 2011/2012 they won the Champions league and FA cup
In 2012/2013 they won the Europa CUp

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 12:16am On May 21, 2013
You said 8 months after he left, Chelsea got to the final and I said he started the competition. Again, Share the trophies by the number of coaches after Mou and give us the ratio. So who among these coaches has achieved as Mou has.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 12:20am On May 21, 2013
Portugal, England, Italy and Spain

What else is there to achieve in football?
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by tomakint: 12:20am On May 21, 2013
Wahala90:
The almighty Fergie's first three season's in England was zero with so much cash spent. Spending cash on players does not guarantee titles.
This has been my position all the while, that is, I don't believe in big cash spending to land trophies especially Mourinho's style of turning his players to bullies against opponents! For this reason Bela Guttmann will forever remain my all-time best coach, a man who gave Benfica their first and second (in a back-to-back fashion) then European Cup (now Champions League) beating the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively just with mostly homely grown academy players while initially sacking the established players he met! Bela Guttmann was a wizard, he was so good that the curse he placed on Benfica still stands till date, saying; 'not even in hundred years will Benfica rule Europe' that was how good he was-may his soul rest in peace!
Mourinho, is just an opportunist who capitalized on his 2003 Champions League victory with Porto to 'force himself' into the list of legends in the game! He only believes in dirty football, big spending, complaining, bad loser and being psychopathic to land his trophies, little wonder, he was tagged, 'an enemy of football'!

2 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dayokanu(m): 12:21am On May 21, 2013
No coach was ever given the kind of power Mourinho had in Madrid

Club Legend and Director Jorge Valdano was sacked for disagreeing with Mourinho
Poking an opposition coach in the eye,
Bringing a list of referee errors to a presser,
Waiting for an official in a parking lot,
Throwing players (including canteranos) under the bus

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dayokanu(m): 12:22am On May 21, 2013
Wahala90: You said 8 months after he left, Chelsea got to the final and I said he started the competition. Again, Share the trophies by the number of coaches after Mou and give us the ratio. So who among these coaches has achieved as Mou has.

Maybe we should give AVB the glory for Chelsea winning the Champions league last year since AVB started the competition

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by logica(m): 12:23am On May 21, 2013
dayokanu:

Mourinho left in 2007/2008 season

In 2008/2009 Chelsea won FA Cup
In 2009/2010 they won the league and Cup double
In 2011/2012 they won the Champions league and FA cup
In 2012/2013 they won the Europa CUp
So basically, with the crop of players he assembled, many coaches were even more successful right? grin

I always laugh when I read "he won with unknown Porto, blah blah blah, Inter Milan...etc". His win with Porto does not come close to Louis van Gaal's wins with Ajax in the mid 90's. That team was very much an unknown.

Starting with Chelsea, he always had more than enough cash to assemble a winning squad. All he did in Spain was try to create a knockoff version of Barca. They will always be remembered as nothing but an imitation.

3 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by logica(m): 12:26am On May 21, 2013
Wahala90: Portugal, England, Italy and Spain

What else is there to achieve in football?
Trust me, a lot more coaches would have done that, if they were as migratory as the Only One. Fabio Capello for instance. And even Frank Rijkaard.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 12:30am On May 21, 2013
Spending cash on players does not guarantee a league title. Ask Fergie.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 12:31am On May 21, 2013
logica: Trust me, a lot more coaches would have done that, if they were as migratory as the Only One. Fabio Capello for instance. And even Frank Rijkaard.

I can't base my argument strongly on "if"
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 12:34am On May 21, 2013
dayokanu:

Maybe we should give AVB the glory for Chelsea winning the Champions league last year since AVB started the competition

He shares in the glory
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by logica(m): 12:36am On May 21, 2013
Wahala90: Spending cash on players does not guarantee a league title. Ask Fergie.
Um, you mean ask Mourinho? grin Couldn't even win Copa Del Rey with a squad worth over 400 million Euros.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by showby: 12:39am On May 21, 2013

FACT: Arsene Wenger has never won a single match against Mourinho's side.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bournemouth Vs Manchester United (1- 0) On 2nd November 2019 / Chelsea Vs Brighton (1 - 1) On December 29th 2021 / Chelsea vs Everton (4 - 0) On 8th March 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.