Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? (26401 Views)

Has Pep Guardiola Fail At Bayern Munich? / Cristiano Ronaldo Unhappy At Real Madrid / Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dayokanu(m): 7:55pm On May 20, 2013
Mourinho failed in Madrid simple.

Jose was brought in to win the La decima and he never made it into the final

Coaches before him like Schuster and Capello also won the La Liga in 2007 and 2008

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez made it official Monday, announcing that coach Jose Mourinho will leave at the end of the season after three years at the Spanish club.

The 50-year-old Portuguese coach is leaving having won just a single Spanish league title -- sandwiched between four Barcelona successes, including one this season -- and two domestic cups. He has two remaining matches of a season that will end at the start of next month without Madrid winning a trophy

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1455172/real-madrid-confirms-jose-mourinho-season-end?cc=5901
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by biolabee(m): 7:59pm On May 20, 2013
he tried,, the barca hegemony was too strong
until he came real had not gotten to 2nd knock out in a long time ( i think 7 years)
he gave the real players a level of belief - they had lost 6 straight clasicos
he got the league fist time since 2008
he got the copa d rey 0 since 93 or so

But his myth has been shattered

13 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dayokanu(m): 8:05pm On May 20, 2013
Let him go back to the EPL where he can boss them around and tag him special one.

In Spain it would be remembered how he was humiliated and whining how they dont love him

Biggest loss of his career was in Spain, First home loss of his career was in Spain

16 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by biolabee(m): 8:06pm On May 20, 2013
^^^ cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dayokanu(m): 8:18pm On May 20, 2013

18 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by biolabee(m): 8:26pm On May 20, 2013
DK,... haba!!! grin
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by nitlad: 8:56pm On May 20, 2013
All Hail Emperor Mourinho!

The Only One! cool

5 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by ujchief(m): 8:57pm On May 20, 2013
Its only chelsea fans that believes he is a special one! Special my foot! He's just an arrogant manager that manages to inflict supporters of any club he goes to with arrogance! He did it with chelsea, and then transferred it to madrid, turning the beautiful El-classico to a game of wrestling, karate and takwaendo!
I'm glad he succeeded in soiling his record at madrid and been forced to eat the humble pie.

I pity for chelsea. He's going to spoil the beautiful football they've adopted for some time now, moving cohesively with the ball, building an attack and troubling the defense. Now, its going to be a kick-and-follow pattern which is only going to favor Essien, Lampard and Mikel; I pity the likes of Hazard, Mata and Oscar that moves with the ball. And for Torres, you're gone! Ba is likely to adopt to Jose's style than Torres.

#always United#

15 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by AndreUweh(m): 9:08pm On May 20, 2013
He is a huge success at Madrid. The best Madrid manager since a decade.

7 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by nitlad: 9:12pm On May 20, 2013
ujchief: Its only chelsea fans that believes he is a special one! Special my foot! He's just an arrogant manager that manages to inflict supporters of any club he goes to with arrogance! He did it with chelsea, and then transferred it to madrid, turning the beautiful El-classico to a game of wrestling, karate and takwaendo!
I'm glad he succeeded in soiling his record at madrid and been forced to eat the humble pie.

I pity for chelsea. He's going to spoil the beautiful football they've adopted for some time now, moving cohesively with the ball, building an attack and troubling the defense. Now, its going to be a kick-and-follow pattern which is only going to favor Essien, Lampard and Mikel; I pity the likes of Hazard, Mata and Oscar that moves with the ball. And for Torres, you're gone! Ba is likely to adopt to Jose's style than Torres.

#always United#

Igunfe were undecided

2 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dayokanu(m): 9:12pm On May 20, 2013
Andre Uweh: He is a huge success at Madrid. The best Madrid manager since a decade.

9 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by AndreUweh(m): 9:21pm On May 20, 2013
Have you forgotten so soon about his over 100 points in the league last season. Who has ever done that at Madrid?.

3 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dayokanu(m): 9:24pm On May 20, 2013
Andre Uweh: Have you forgotten so soon about his over 100 points in the league last season. Who has ever done that at Madrid?.

In football a coach is as good as his most recent result. Thats why Mancini was sacked and not evaluated based on winning the league and FA cup in prior season

This season Mourinho finished 13points behind league leaders and trophyless too

3 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 20, 2013
Yes he failed, he needs to drop his arrogance.
Come back to epl and get bullied like a schoolboy.
Special one indeed.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Lanspower(m): 9:26pm On May 20, 2013
I disagree that he failed at Madrid. He is just a perfect example of an ideal coach who makes technical decisons without considering any player or group of players too big. It's a pity that Barca are already declining this time and that might be the only safing grace for Madrid next season and beyond. Not many coach could challenge the brilliance and wide popularity of Barca like Mou. Beleive it or not, La Liga has lost and icon and Elclassico has lost its class!

5 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Krasid(m): 9:27pm On May 20, 2013
He didn't just fail.He failed woefully,allowing his big ego affect my beloved team.i am not sad he is leaving.He should just take his problems back to England.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:28pm On May 20, 2013
No. But its now on record that he could not win the champions league after 3 trials

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 20, 2013
at least they won a trophy unlike arsenal cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by okechukwu2013: 9:29pm On May 20, 2013
If he had not choosen to be petty and pick issues with every body from the media to his key players, fans and finally employers maybe he would have had some sucess. I think arrogance will be his undoing in life.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dayokanu(m): 9:29pm On May 20, 2013
Lanspower: I disagree that he failed at Madrid. He is just a perfect example of an ideal coach whotake technical decisons with considering any player or group of players too big. It's a pity that Barca are already declining this time and that might be the only safing grace for Madrid next season and beyond. Not many coach could challenge the brilliance and wide popularity of Barca like Mou. Beleive it or not, La Liga has lost and icon and Elclassical has lost its class!

Actually it was Mourinho that made El Classico lose it class and turned it to a diving and fighting match unlike the spectacle we are used to seeing

6 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by sucre2(m): 9:30pm On May 20, 2013
Mourinho was a success at realmadrid considering the fact that he had to compete with Barca who was playing at their peak at the time of his arrival and the best Barca team in history but he still managed to win the copa de larey.

Madrid is a team every other teams wants to play in the knockout stage but not after Mourinho arrived.

Madrid had lost 7 consecutive round 16 games in the UCL.

I think Madrid had only qualified 5 times for the UCL Semi final in 25years before his arrival and Mourinho had played in 3 semis in 3 years.

To me it a success

9 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 20, 2013
ujchief: Its only chelsea fans that believes he is a special one! Special my foot! He's just an arrogant manager that manages to inflict supporters of any club he goes to with arrogance! He did it with chelsea, and then transferred it to madrid, turning the beautiful El-classico to a game of wrestling, karate and takwaendo!

#always United#

the ugly one, wetin Chelsea do you?
are you scared of Chelsea already?

go back to asaya! keep singing panti no n'iro....that fits you better!

8 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Evestar200(f): 9:32pm On May 20, 2013
Jose mourinho fail cuz he is too arrogant and sturborn,,,i wonder what chelshit wud look lyk if dat guy leave madrid to chelshit,,Swansea city i guest

2 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by omicron(m): 9:33pm On May 20, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: No. But its now on record that he could not win the la liga after 3 trials
get ur facts ryt bro. He won la liga last season with record point
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by yuzedo: 9:34pm On May 20, 2013
I dun get bro, fail? did he right ezam in rill madrid?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 20, 2013
His attention and obsession for detail, in everything, worked against him.

At times, you need to overlook certain things.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by drpompay(m): 9:36pm On May 20, 2013
Ah, lets be truthful, how many coaches in the world can be said to have failed after
1) coming 2nd in d league, not just to any team but Barca with Messi at his best until the tail end of d season.
2) getting to the semi final of d champions league
3) getting to d final of copa de laroy after knocking out Barca
4) winning d Spanish super cup by defeating Barca
5) defeating Barca in all d clasicos except 1 (which was a draw) even with a 100% fit Messi
LETS BE FACTUAL, ONLY MOURINHO (THE SPECIAL THOUGH ARROGANT ONE) CAN AND WILL EVER BE SAID TO HAVE FAILED COS "HE IS SIMPLY THE BEST"
As d stake for judging him cannot be compared to that for any other.

10 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Yello1(m): 9:37pm On May 20, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: No. But its now on record that he could not win the la liga after 3 trials
mumu talk,who won la liga last season,haba bad belle don finish unaaa.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by chadef: 9:38pm On May 20, 2013
in 3 yrs i think he has done alot in the team. remember the first elclsico with barca, he lost, he went home and built more confidence in the players and from then on. real has been great. they even beat barca two stratight win. he is good
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 20, 2013
Evestar200: Jose mourinho fail cuz he is too arrogant and sturborn,,,i wonder what chelshit wud look lyk if dat guy leave madrid to chelshit,,Swansea city i guest

See as you dey murder english, analyst.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 20, 2013
yuzedo: I dun get bro, fail? did he right ezam in rill madrid?? undecided

He left ezam

3 Likes

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by executinal(m): 9:44pm On May 20, 2013
reserved

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chelsea vs Everton (4 - 0) On 8th March 2020 / Chelsea Vs Brighton (1 - 1) On December 29th 2021 / Manchester United Vs Aston Villa EFL Cup (4 - 2) On 10th Nov 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.