Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? (10913 Views)

Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? / Hazard V Kagawa. Players To Watch Out For Next Season / Mourinhood: The Makings Of Mourinho's Controversial Red Cards (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by newdeal(m): 4:31pm On Nov 25, 2010
I had a heated debate on a forum a while ago with a fellow, (obviously a Real Madrid fan) over what happened in the recent Champions League match between Real Madrid and Ajax. Ajax fell by 4-0 to the Spannish giant, but curiously, towards the end, Alonso and Ramos got sent off in quick succession for similar offences.

For those who did not watch the match, see this footage and lets hear your take, bearing in mind that red cards for the two will ensure they will still be available for the next crucial phase of the competition, the knock-out stage, they will only miss match day 6!!.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70f6oERyp7A&feature=player_embedded
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by emyworld: 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2010
yes so what? In so far as they did not injure a player or abuse the referee. It is allowed in the game. Ramos and Alonso have a yellow card each. Their yellow cards if not squashed with a red in the first round will automatically be carried into the second round. In otherwords, a red card in the first round will guarantee a clean slate after serving the remaining one match ban in the first round into the second round. Mourinho will be a dullard to allow deficits in the second round. Champions league is decided by little details such as the one under debate. He merely exploited the uefa laws like any other law since they have already topped their group. It is a very rational decision even though its a bit crude and funny honestly.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Dsense(m): 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2010
Might be he does instruct sometimes . . . And that makes him the ''special one'', . . . .lol
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by honeric01(m): 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2010
Junk tactic from a junkie of a coach, why not just give them a rest in match day 6 instead trying sot stir up another controversy just to make people talk about you? Mourinho is a big attention seeker.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by emyworld: 5:10pm On Nov 25, 2010
you dont get it. by giving them rest, they are resting with the yellow card they have which will be transferred to the second round of the competition. But by incuring red, they will serve the same one game 'rest" but will play the second round on a clean slate.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Dsense(m): 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2010
honeric01:

Junk tactic from a junkie of a coach, why not just give them a rest in match day 6 instead trying sot stir up another controversy just to make people talk about you? Mourinho is a big attention seeker.
Being a big attention seeker means nothing once ur task ''job'' is being conducted perfectly . . . . .Or u re just one of them wink
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by newdeal(m): 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2010
@emyworld
your point is well understood and that is what some RM fans do not want to admit. Its true no one was injured, but how far should such 'tactics' be allowed in footbal, taking into account its overal impact on the game. Ghana missed a history-making opportunity at the last world cup, courtesy of the theatrics of suarez! I like my football raw, with a very minimal amount of intrigues, (if there must be).
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by honeric01(m): 5:17pm On Nov 25, 2010
emyworld:

you dont get it. by giving them rest, they are resting with the yellow card they have which will be transferred to the second round of the competition. But by incuring red, they will serve the same one game 'rest" but will play the second round on a clean slate.

Then this is what i call football sabotage, deliberately getting sent off just to "play" the system, if this is allowed to go, he's likely to continue doing same anywhere he goes.

Not surprised, he's used to using people (mostly negatively) to earn whatever "respect" he has now.

Not a thing to worry about though, its what UEFA should worry about.

D-sense:

Being a big attention seeker means nothing once your task ''job'' is being conducted perfectly . . . . .Or u re just one of them wink

Not everyone is like you bro, you picked the wrong person, look well next time, i don't jump about on all the threads on NL.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by emyworld: 5:18pm On Nov 25, 2010
@newdeal

I could not agree more. yeah you are quite right.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Dsense(m): 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2010
honeric01:

Then this is what i call football sabotage, deliberately getting sent off just to "play" the system, if this is allowed to go, he's likely to continue doing same anywhere he goes.

Not surprised, he's used to using people (mostly negatively) to earn whatever "respect" he has now.

Not a thing to worry about though, its what UEFA should worry about.

Not everyone is like you bro, you picked the wrong person, look well next time, i don't jump about on all the threads on NL.
No Comment!!!
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 25, 2010
Nice one,Honeric.
By deliberately getting one's self sent-off,it's against the rules of sporting conduct,as you've rightly pointed out and one ca n be charged for bringing the game into disrepute.

The so-called special one is behaving like a special tout.If he were that special,he wouldn't need to get involved in shady tactics.Wait isn't he the one who hid in a laundry basket when hit with a touchline ban?So why am I surprised?
UEFA has been lenient with him,instead of throwing him the book.
Besides,from the evidence,he appeared to be in on the plan.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1333026/UEFA-charge-Jose-Mourinho-Real-Madrid-players-deliberate-red-cards.html
The pictures tell the story.Or is he passing along technical information while 3-nil up?
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by emyworld: 5:28pm On Nov 25, 2010
@honeric01

You are very correct. This is one flaw uefa needs to correct. see what suarez did at the last world cup denying Ghana from qualifying. Sometimes we need to flout the rules to succeed albeit not at the expense of another person but the rules. The time wasting got them a red, if it had been that it was 0-0 or 1-1, it would have been at the expense of ajax. but those 4 mins can not take them anywhere. But you are right to a large extent.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by denzel2009: 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2010
LMAO! who gets a red card and goes to shake hands with the referee. Jose is just crazy!
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by emyworld: 5:45pm On Nov 25, 2010
@starboard

Mind your language. Afterall, arsenal were denied a penalty in their match against braga. instaed vela was given a yellow. The thing is in any game you look to exploit your opponent weaknesses to favour you. This one is uefa problem. Asuuming there was no rule like that that offence would not have been committed. when making laws u close the gaps for explotation. Honestly there is little uefa can do about this. even if jose was captured dishing out the instructions, it could have been any other thing. please let a lawyer give his opinion. For the fact you have a legitimate case does not make you win , rather the argument from the other party can nullify your right claims especially when relevant laws are quoted and proof demanded.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by newdeal(m): 6:04pm On Nov 25, 2010
when making laws u close the gaps for exploitation.

Very true there!
---and when you discover loopholes in the implementation of a particular law, as we see in this case, then you amend as appropriate, otherwise some 'smart ones' will just bring this beautiful game down before anyone knows it
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by usbcable(m): 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2010
This is injustice at the making.
All I ask by anysoul Local or Foreign to please quote the law that prohibits what transpired. And by transpired I dont mean conspired or conspiracy. I mean facts RAW HARD FACTS that shows the illegality of them getting booked.

bad belle wan kill platini and especially his cule supporters.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by 1025: 7:34pm On Nov 25, 2010
i will say with much assurance that most of the ppl here condeming mourinho here are arsenal fans like their master wenger. wenger and his wards are voyoul. uefa has laws of which the ref was at hand to administer these laws so why are folks here complaining.
if madrid players delayed, it was in the interests of ajax who were already 4-0 down in the game.
what stops the ref from avoiding giving the cards and adding more time for the delays.
what does it mean to call a man a tactician? he uses tactics of different manners as long as they are not violent in nature to win games.
if wenger does not complain of seeing 10 men behind the ball, he will complain of harsh tackles or the fifth officials and his fans have followed suit.
what makes a coach is flexibility, studying and approaching games as they come and success in the beautiful game is measured on winnings and that is what mourinho does.
mourinho wins games and put trophies in the shelf of those who employ him.
what if it is another coach that buys and sales players like poultary business? wenger will always be spiting here and there in the name of crticizing that one.
as long as it is not barcelona, platini will always have a way of making noise.
french gang ups of weak men like platini and wenger.
why is platini not coming out in the open to condem the buying attitudes of barcelona all these while?
i hate platini with a passion
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Dsense(m): 7:41pm On Nov 25, 2010
1025:

i will say with much assurance that most of the ppl here condeming mourinho here are arsenal fans like their master wenger. wenger and his wards are voyoul. uefa has laws of which the ref was at hand to administer these laws so why are folks here complaining.
if madrid players delayed, it was in the interests of ajax who were already 4-0 down in the game.
what stops the ref from avoiding giving the cards and adding more time for the delays.
what does it mean to call a man a tactician? he uses tactics of different manners as long as they are not violent in nature to win games.
if wenger does not complain of seeing 10 men behind the ball, he will complain of harsh tackles or the fifth officials and his fans have followed suit.
what makes a coach is flexibility, studying and approaching games as they come and success in the beautiful game is measured on winnings and that is what mourinho does.
what if it is another coach that buys and sales players like poultary business? wenger will always be spiting here and there in the name of crticizing that one.
why is platini not coming out in the open to condem the buying attitudes of barcelona all these while?
I'm with u jare . . . This is what i was claiming when 1 stinky dog just came out from no where.!
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Mobinga: 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2010
Now this is just plain daft

[flash=600,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF5atKIeDac[/flash]
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by 1025: 8:56pm On Nov 25, 2010
wenger will do better as a sports analyst than a coach. if u open goal.com, u will see wenger said this and wenger said that. he has left his role as arsenal coach to become a talkertive. no wonder mourinho called him a voyoul.
when wenger was winning trophies with quality players and was playing invissibles, nobody heard him complain but now that he has resorted to poultary business of buying and selling, he decided to be everywhere on the pages of the newspapers complaing here and there over everything.

the ajax captain (saurez) raising his hands in complains was the same player who denied ghana winning in the world cup by acting as a goalkeeper and that was his own tactics. i did not hear wenger comment on that so why is he talking now.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Mobinga: 9:48pm On Nov 25, 2010
1025:

the ajax captain (saurez) raising his hands in complains was the same player who denied ghana winning in the world cup by acting as a goalkeeper and that was his own tactics
shocked
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by kcjazz(m): 9:58pm On Nov 25, 2010
Bad for the game, whether it was planned or not. How did Wenger get into this discussion? He made a comment because the journalists asked him and he is right if he says this is wrong.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by montelik(m): 10:39pm On Nov 25, 2010
Rules are rules. If Mourinho and Real Madrid broke them, then him and all d guilty parties deserve to have d book thrown at them, simple. How Arsene Wenger and Arsenal came into this discussion, I don't understand.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Borat1: 12:40am On Nov 26, 2010
Ha ha. . .lol!
Alonso looked like a fool! grin
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by bgees(m): 1:05am On Nov 26, 2010
honeric01:

u nailed it. I still can't understand why he did that. no Mourinho is a drama queen.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by bgees(m): 1:14am On Nov 26, 2010
1025:

i open to condem the buying attitudes of barcelona all these while?

U hate him with a passion? how has he offended you?
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by SeXyBoNE: 2:10am On Nov 26, 2010
this is just so so obvious, ah ah oyinbo people no even sabi do dagbo self

Mourinho, no matter what, you are still the "Special One" but you forget say na Oyinbo mumu you dey follow run blind man show,lol

They should have done it in a more matured way, after watching the clip on youtube, I cant help it but laff,lol. This is comedy in football, call it politricks of football.

I love football, but i pray Mou dont get banned
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 26, 2010
emyworld:

@starboard

Mind your language. Afterall, arsenal were denied a penalty in their match against braga. instaed vela was given a yellow. The thing is in any game you look to exploit your opponent weaknesses to favour you. This one is uefa problem. Asuuming there was no rule like that that offence would not have been committed. when making laws u close the gaps for explotation. Honestly there is little uefa can do about this. even if jose was captured dishing out the instructions, it could have been any other thing. please let a lawyer give his opinion. For the fact you have a legitimate case does not make you win , rather the argument from the other party can nullify your right claims especially when relevant laws are quoted and proof demanded.
Grade-A hogwash.
Why should you look to exploit the gaps in the laws?
To uneducated simpletons like you,that's genius.To (neutral) observers like me,that is cheating.Plain and simple.
It might not have occured to you,but there's a thing called FAIR PLAY.Which to me,means respecting the rules of the game.Mourinho,by and large,with his conduct hardly shows any respect to the laws of the game.If anyone has a problem with the law,any decent person would point them out publicly and try to get them corrected,instead of instinctively trying to bend them to suit his/her favour. . .thuggish behaviour by the so-called special one.
And how does the Arsenal penalty incident ever tie in with this scenario?Tell me,please.Cus I'm confused.
It's simplistic to just blame UEFA.
Let's see how Mourinho gets around this.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 26, 2010
1025:

i will say with much assurance that most of the ppl here condeming mourinho here are arsenal fans like their master wenger. wenger and his wards are voyoul.
This is pathetic.To reduce an argument to this simplistic submission is ridiculously lazy anda display of intellectual bankruptcy at its height.
And what does "voyoul"mean?The last time I checked,I only knew a word called "Viewer".Check you dictionary before you post.
1025:

Laughable.
How so?Another deduction arrived at by sheer armchair analysis.Guess you were actively involved in a discussion at a beer parlour last night.
1025:

what if it is another coach that buys and sales players like[b] poultary [/b] (WTF) business? wenger will always be spiting here and there in the name of crticizing that one.
[b]why is platini not coming out in the open to condem the buying attitudes of barcelona all these while?[/b]i hate platini with a passion
Your entire post is an error and an abberation.You're just rambling on and on,without making any sense in relation to the topic at hand.Anyone who agrees with you based on the pathetic piece above needs mental help.
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by RuuDie(m): 6:43am On Nov 26, 2010
Just the kind of thing Mourinho would do and I hope UEFA sanction them properly if found guilty because it is so, so not sportsman-like!
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by AjanleKoko: 9:09am On Nov 26, 2010
1025:

I no know say Barcelona na French club undecided
Re: Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 26, 2010
^^^^^
Please,abeg,let him explain how he got his deductions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fabrice Muamba Stretchered Off, Tottenham Vs. Bolton Abandoned!! / Arsenal Vs Leicester City (2 - 1) On 10th February 2015 / Manchester City Vs Napoli :UCL (2 - 1) On 17th October 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.