Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 (41036 Views)

Apply For The Guinness Graduate Skills Development Scholarship 2015/2016 / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by olawunmisamuel1: 12:45am On Jun 15, 2013
i Finished late. Spent the whole day there.

1. Group discussion, they gave us a task and told us to recommend the solution. You have to work as a m. It was a sales task, so I'm guessing your's will be finance.

2.Presentation. They give u case study and tell you to recommend a solution. You'll present it in front a Panel. 15mins.

3. Role play. Like acting. You'll prbably act like a finance manager attending to customer's needs. Then they'll ask you questions.

4. The interview. Questions like Why you choose finance, your goals. It depends. We were all asked different questions. Their questions arise based on your responses.

Plus lunch was good cheesy

cuteyem: hi Samuel, hope you had a nyc tym at the Ac. Please don't forget to tell us where the AC held and your experience. Expecting your update bro
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by kcpumpin(m): 5:47am On Jun 15, 2013
Samuel - congrats bro. I can see u in Diageo already.
So how about my enquiries?
What stream was it eventually?
How many were u guys totally?
And how many groups in all?
If it was Sales stream, is there likely to be another batch or that's all?
What can u say bro.
I need responces to these que to verify if its time for me to stop hoping and move on or not.. So kindly provide the neccesary answers to them please.
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by cuteyem(m): 9:14am On Jun 15, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: i Finished late. Spent the whole day there.

1. Group discussion, they gave us a task and told us to recommend the solution. You have to work as a m. It was a sales task, so I'm guessing your's will be finance.

2.Presentation. They give u case study and tell you to recommend a solution. You'll present it in front a Panel. 15mins.

3. Role play. Like acting. You'll prbably act like a finance manager attending to customer's needs. Then they'll ask you questions.

4. The interview. Questions like Why you choose finance, your goals. It depends. We were all asked different questions. Their questions arise based on your responses.

Thanks much Samuel, all the best! But you didn't say the venue o! Was it finally Oba Akran or the other training centre? Abeg reply and thanks
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by olawunmisamuel1: 11:31am On Jun 15, 2013
We were all Sales. We should have been 16. 2 groups (8 each) But 2 didn't come so we were 14 in number.

I don't know if there will be another batch. I asked the HR babe she just smiled. Email them and ask.

kcpumpin: Samuel - congrats bro. I can see u in Diageo already.
So how about my enquiries?
What stream was it eventually?
How many were u guys totally?
And how many groups in all?
If it was Sales stream, is there likely to be another batch or that's all?
What can u say bro.
I need responces to these que to verify if its time for me to stop hoping and move on or not.. So kindly provide the neccesary answers to them please.
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by olawunmisamuel1: 11:38am On Jun 15, 2013
Oba akran. Hope you know how to drive a manual car?
cuteyem:
Thanks much Samuel, all the best! But you didn't say the venue o! Was it finally Oba Akran or the other training centre? Abeg reply and thanks
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
[b][/b]
olawunmi_samuel: I changed to sales during my phone interview. My elder brother's friend that works in diageo advised me to change to sales. Diageo needs more people in sales and I have a high chance of entering, plus, you get a car cheesy

Don't give up bro. When I get there, I'll ask them if there would be other interviews for sales.

I guess Guiness recruitment process is all connection.
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by kcpumpin(m): 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: We were all Sales. We should have been 16. 2 groups (8 each) But 2 didn't come so we were 14 in number.

I don't know if there will be another batch. I asked the HR babe she just smiled. Email them and ask.

Okay Samuel. Thanks for the feedback. Time to move on to other better opportunities. I wish u guys the best of Diageo. Gracias!!! cool
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by olawunmisamuel1: 3:31pm On Jun 15, 2013
Lol! Which connection? The guy has been there for only 2yrs. He just gave me a career advise.

Plus, just like everybody. I'm still hoping to be called for the final interview. Na God sure pass.

koyes: [b][/b]I guess Guiness recruitment process is all connection.
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 15, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: Lol! Which connection? The guy has been there for only 2yrs. He just gave me a career advise.

Plus, just like everybody. I'm still hoping to be called for the final interview. Na God sure pass.

Bro did guy hint u on what the pay is like for graduate trainees?
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by deturla: 6:25pm On Jun 15, 2013
Dear **************

Thank you for your application for the role of GRADUATE HR - NIGERIA. I am pleased to inform you that you will be proceeding to the next stage which is the Graduate Assessment Centre.

The Graduate Assessment Centre will hold as follows:
Venue: Guinness Nigeria Plc,
Administrative Block, 3rd Floor
5, Akanni Doherty Street off Oba Akran Avenue
Ikeja, Lagos

Date: Thursday 20th June 2013

Time: 8:00 a.m

Please come along with original and photocopy of your credentials,birth certificate and valid means of Identification.

Attached is an information and preparatory pack that you will need to read before the centre.

Kindly confirm your attendance by return email and send a soft copy of your recent passport photograph.

Kind regards,

Guinness Nigeria ResourcingTeam

Anybody on d Graduate HR Stream dah is slated for Thursday too,pls let's have you here,Thank God @last.......Where is dis TomClancy.........?

1 Like

Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
Congrats bro
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by cuteyem(m): 8:17pm On Jun 15, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: Oba akran. Hope you know how to drive a manual car?

Samuel is driving part of the abilities they test for finance? Or are finance guys given cars too? I know all the rudiments of driving and Can move a car around, I only lack road experience
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by cuteyem(m): 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2013
deturla: Dear **************

Thank you for your application for the role of GRADUATE HR - NIGERIA. I am pleased to inform you that you will be proceeding to the next stage which is the Graduate Assessment Centre.

Ikeja, Lagos

Please come along with original and photocopy of your credentials,birth certificate and valid means of Identification.

Attached is an information and preparatory pack that you will need to read before the centre.

Kindly confirm your attendance by return email and send a soft copy of your recent passport photograph.

Kind regards,

Anybody on d Graduate HR Stream dah is slated for Thursday too,pls let's have you here,Thank God @last.......Where is dis TomClancy.........?
I like your faith Deturia and I really am happy for you. Congratulations and congratulations in advance! Samuel pls still awaiting your clarification oh
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by olawunmisamuel1: 10:22pm On Jun 15, 2013
No driving test. But they'll ask you if you can drive manual and they'll ask for a driver's license. But its nothing too serious. Just say you can drive sha.
cuteyem:

Samuel is driving part of the abilities they test for finance? Or are finance guys given cars too? I know all the rudiments of driving and Can move a car around, I only lack road experience
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by olawunmisamuel1: 10:26pm On Jun 15, 2013
Nope.. But I heard successful graduates will be resuming in august.
michaeled45:

Bro did guy hint u on what the pay is like for graduate trainees?
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by olawunmisamuel1: 10:28pm On Jun 15, 2013

Ikeja, Lagos

Kind regards,

Congrats. You see @kcpumpin don't lose hope completely.
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: i Finished late. Spent the whole day there.

Hi Samuel, thanks so much for sharing this information so selflessly, I really do hope you're successful at the assessment centre. Although, 8 people in a group seems quite a large number . Mine is on Tuesday for Information Systems. Please, I needed to find out a few things from you.
i) How long did your group exercise last? Would you mind sharing more info about what the role play involved?
ii) Where did your A/C hold (I noticed two conflicting addresses in the information I received from diageo)?
iii) Regards the 'smart casual' dress code, did you eventually go without the suit jacket and tie?
Thanks so much in anticipation of your response! Again, success wishes...

Ikeja, Lagos

Kind regards,

I'm right here man, congrats on getting your invitation at last! I think the HR Graduate Programme is quite good. A friend of a friend on the HR Graduate Programme got a secondment to south africa in her second year...I think you should be looking forward to the same if you're successful! All the best wishes.
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by deturla: 3:59pm On Jun 16, 2013
To be a honest wiff yu Clancy,its been a dream all along,honestli,do yu even know dat ds is my 1st invite to an assessment centre,I'd always wanted to be in an HR dept of organisations,I c dis as an opportunity and so help me God!!!...........Guinness s a great place to work no doubt and I wish u all d best on tuesday,........d Lord s wiff us all!!!!!!!!!......
Is dre nobodi on this thread for Graduate HR??,,,!!!!!!! Na wa oooooo,abi na onli me ddey here bah??,make una no liff me alone ooooo,HR asessment centre prospects!!!!...Lemme av yu oooh!!!lol
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by olawunmisamuel1: 6:35pm On Jun 16, 2013
@Tom Clancy. Group discussion was for 1hr.

The oba akran address.

You can just wear a shirt and trouser, maybe a tie. (If you want to wear a suit then no problem). Diageo is not a bank, their staff wear wearing polos, some wore jeans.

Goodluck.
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
Thanks a lot Samuel!
olawunmi_samuel: @Tom Clancy. Group discussion was for 1hr.

The oba akran address.

You can just wear a shirt and trouser, maybe a tie. (If you want to wear a suit then no problem). Diageo is not a bank, their staff wear wearing polos, some wore jeans.

Goodluck.
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by cluelimit: 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2013
Pls it'd be nice if @tomclancy @ifycyril and @cuteyem would share their experiences like @olawunmi_samuel did now that you guys have had your AC stage...
Like did every individual present or a group member did it?
Did it involve the use of powerpoint?
....And any other info you guys might find useful for others.
Thanks!!!
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by deturla: 2:01am On Jun 19, 2013
TomClancy,Ifycyril.......We are waiting fr you to share the experience @ d AC.......I am particularly concerned about Role-play and the structed Interview.......How did it go??......A few Tips would be welcome......Am slated for Thursday,any1 else here??.........
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by deturla: 4:44am On Jun 19, 2013
cluelimit: Pls it'd be nice if @tomclancy @ifycyril and @cuteyem would share their experiences like @olawunmi_samuel did now that you guys have had your AC stage...
Did it involve the use powerpoint? ....And any other info you guys might find useful for others.
Thanks!!!

@cluelimit,what stream are you for
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by cluelimit: 7:28am On Jun 19, 2013
Corporate Relations...Friday!!

deturla:

@cluelimit,what stream are you for
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 19, 2013
deturla: TomClancy,Ifycyril.......We are waiting fr you to share the experience @ d AC.......I am particularly concerned about Role-play and the structed Interview.......How did it go??......A few Tips would be welcome......Am slated for Thursday,any1 else here??.........

goodmornin bro...jst be calm, all d case studies are goin to be tailored according to ur stream. D interview is same wit d telephone interview u had...all dose compatibility questions will be asked.
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by cluelimit: 8:22am On Jun 19, 2013
Thanks @Ifycyril but I still have questions;

ifycyril:

goodmornin bro...jst be calm, all d case studies are goin to be tailored according to ur stream. D interview is same wit d telephone interview u had...all dose compatibility questions will be asked.
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 19, 2013
So the ac was a lot like what samuel earlier described. There is very little you can do to prep for most of the exercises as much of the information would be given to you on the day. So, you'd figure out how to go about the role play on the spot. Mine was completely different from what samuel described so yours would likely differ from mine, but it generally involves dealing with someone in order to fix a problem. Best wishes.
deturla: TomClancy,Ifycyril.......We are waiting fr you to share the experience @ d AC.......I am particularly concerned about Role-play and the structed Interview.......How did it go??......A few Tips would be welcome......Am slated for Thursday,any1 else here??.........
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by cuteyem(m): 11:20am On Jun 19, 2013
Ok guys sorry I haven't commented awhile. Well just be calm and sharp throughout. For your group exercise you guys should try to share duties among the team and avoid competing against each other. Like others said the questions will be according to your stream but expect briefs containing loads of info. It is in your best interest to sift the impirtant from the irrelevant stuff. Role play is quite interesting;cover your briefs within the alloted 10 minutes time, make use of your notes to take all necessary info and have an idea of how you'll structure the meeting before you go in. The individual presentation was 45mins to read the briefs and make note + prepare ur flipcharts (no powerpoint) and 15 minutes for presentation. Just be calm and whatever decision you make, have enough points to back it up from the briefs cos that's what's important. All the best guys!
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 19, 2013
cluelimit: Thanks @Ifycyril but I still have questions;

no powerpoint.u'l be given flip charts to use,jst use ur TIME wisely dis one is very important.
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by deturla: 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2013
To God be the Glory,just finishd mine AC, on ma way to ma base........Buh mak una wait ooooo,how come na onli me dey HR for this Stream........They said 2weeks,so keep prayin,keep d faith and xpect ur mails........It is well with us all IJN!!......Amen
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by deturla: 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2013
To God be the Glory,just finishd my AC, on ma way to ma base........Buh mak una wait ooooo,how come na onli me dey HR for this Thread........They said 2weeks,so keep prayin,keep d faith and xpect ur mails........It is well with us all IJN!!......Amen
Re: Replies From Guinness On Guinness Graduate Trainee 2013 by cluelimit: 7:37pm On Jun 20, 2013
Congrats and goodluck @deturla...btw,do you have any useful tips different from those above

deturla: To God be the Glory,just finishd my AC, on ma way to ma base........Buh mak una wait ooooo,how come na onli me dey HR for this Thread........They said 2weeks,so keep prayin,keep d faith and xpect ur mails........It is well with us all IJN!!......Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

BRISIN: FG Begins Recruitment Of 5,000 Nigerians (Details) / NNPC Recrutimennt, El-rufai And Atiku / Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.