Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

The Enigma Called Nigeria: Are we going back or forward? Difficult to tell. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Enigma Called Nigeria: Are we going back or forward? Difficult to tell. (426 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Nnamdi Kanu: ''Why I Called Nigeria A Zoo, Threaten War'' / Abracadabra: The Enigma Called Peller........his Love Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Enigma Called Nigeria: Are we going back or forward? Difficult to tell. by Frostyzone(m): 7:40am On May 21, 2013
Standard of living seems to be growing harsher and harsher every year in Nigeria, and the infrastructures are slowly rusting away.

I remember in my earlier days, Tap water and electricity, though not perfect are basic things we take for granted. And that was in the 1990s. I used to think then that once we entered the new millennium, things will improve further and Nigeria will start catching up with their European and American counterparts in terms of Development.

What a pipe dream that has turn out tobe indeed! We are currently in the year 2013, and yet things are no better than it was in 1999. Infact, it's worse.

In many parts of this nation, there is nothing like Government own water supply facility anymore. Instead it has been replaced by privately owned bore holes rigs.

What is going on? What are the government of this once great nation doing to stop this free fall? Why are most states still relying on traffic wardens when traffic lights can do more efficient jobs? Why is uninterrupted electricity supply still an
issue in most part of Nigeria?, check that - in all parts of Nigeria? Too many questions but no conclusive answer.

Some governors are already making some promises to their citizens that before the year 2017, their will be some massive transformations in their respective states. But I remembered hearing some similar promises back in 2005 from the governor of my state then. The promises was that before 2012, the state will be running on solar energy and bad roads and power shortage will be things of the past.

For where? We are one year past the deadline of the promised paradise, and yet things are even worse than before.

At this rate, I'm afraid that in the year 2020, when according to Hollywood, cars would be air-borne, Nigeria may still be experiencing power shortage, bad roads and drought.

Just my thoughts...

(1) (Reply)

Fg Repatriates 19,000 Illegal Immigrants / PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur / Live Updates: Early Morning Rain As Achebe’s Body Arrives Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.