Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,199 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Blackberry Making Inroads Into Cars - Blackberry Taking Driving Into New Heights - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Blackberry Making Inroads Into Cars - Blackberry Taking Driving Into New Heights (939 Views)

Toyota Camry Sound While Driving - Diagnosis Help / Why Is INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT Not Allowed In Nigeria. / Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Making Inroads Into Cars - Blackberry Taking Driving Into New Heights by Fhemmmy: 9:38pm On May 22, 2013
I have always known that Blackberry no fit die . . . Now they are making driving more fun for the drivers. . . Read and Comment:

Re: Blackberry Making Inroads Into Cars - Blackberry Taking Driving Into New Heights by samir101ng(m): 8:03am On May 23, 2013
cool cool The future is indeed bright for Blackberry. Wish them all the best. My only issue is the affordability of such cars to the average consumer. Nna, na how many years salary you go use pay for such a car. Dat's all.
Re: Blackberry Making Inroads Into Cars - Blackberry Taking Driving Into New Heights by elektra80: 11:18am On May 23, 2013
Fhemmmy: I have always known that Blackberry no fit die . . . Now they are making driving more fun for the drivers. . . Read and Comment:

Blackberry is already DEAD. They only sell in Nigeria because of Nigerian mentality and they are just trying to make a come back with BB10. If u ask an average Nigerian what's the best phone he will say Blackberry.. just like they are Toyota crazy even thought there are better all round cars around. An average Nigerian thinks its only a Blackberry phone that can get u access to the internet LMAO. I mean these things don't even have HSPA+ (except the new BB10) not to talk of 4G. The highest speed of an average Blackberry is 3G which is too slow for me. The displays are horrible.. I can't imagine they just started making phones with 720p display in 2013 while other companies are moving to 1080p (Samsung, LG, HTC). And They sell those things expensive in Nigeria. Imagine a BB z10 costing 100k.. same price as Samsung Galaxy s4 and BB Q10 costing 130k. Are u kidding me?

Ok back to the topic... Smartphone integration into cars have been around for IOS (Iphones, Ipods, Ipads) and Android (Samsung Galaxy, HTC etc) for years so again Blackberry is late (they are always late). Check out the newer cars.. mostly BMW, Benz, Bentley, Ford or even the hew Honda Accord. They have softwares that connect to ur Iphones and Ipods wirelessly and u can play music on ur device directly from the car dash or control volume right from ur steering. U can receive phone calls without touching ur phone and access maps. Even Ios 7 are already integrating Maps and Siri into cars. SO I don't see anything fantastic in what Blackberry are doing. They rip us up in this country .. REally Blackberry Q10 130,000 naira? I will rather buy Iphone 5 , Galaxy S4, Htc One (far superior phones ) and still have some change.

3 Likes

Re: Blackberry Making Inroads Into Cars - Blackberry Taking Driving Into New Heights by Fhemmmy: 1:41pm On May 23, 2013
elektra80:

Blackberry is already DEAD. They only sell in Nigeria because of Nigerian mentality and they are just trying to make a come back with BB10. If u ask an average Nigerian what's the best phone he will say Blackberry.. just like they are Toyota crazy even thought there are better all round cars around. An average Nigerian thinks its only a Blackberry phone that can get u access to the internet LMAO. I mean these things don't even have HSPA+ (except the new BB10) not to talk of 4G. The highest speed of an average Blackberry is 3G which is too slow for me. The displays are horrible.. I can't imagine they just started making phones with 720p display in 2013 while other companies are moving to 1080p (Samsung, LG, HTC). And They sell those things expensive in Nigeria. Imagine a BB z10 costing 100k.. same price as Samsung Galaxy s4 and BB Q10 costing 130k. Are u kidding me?

Ok back to the topic... Smartphone integration into cars have been around for IOS (Iphones, Ipods, Ipads) and Android (Samsung Galaxy, HTC etc) for years so again Blackberry is late (they are always late). Check out the newer cars.. mostly BMW, Benz, Bentley, Ford or even the hew Honda Accord. They have softwares that connect to ur Iphones and Ipods wirelessly and u can play music on ur device directly from the car dash or control volume right from ur steering. U can receive phone calls without touching ur phone and access maps. Even Ios 7 are already integrating Maps and Siri into cars. SO I don't see anything fantastic in what Blackberry are doing. They rip us up in this country .. REally Blackberry Q10 130,000 naira? I will rather buy Iphone 5 , Galaxy S4, Htc One (far superior phones ) and still have some change.

Apple's stock has not performed well this year, and some people also are saying since iphone 4, Apple has not done much.
Re: Blackberry Making Inroads Into Cars - Blackberry Taking Driving Into New Heights by elektra80: 2:17pm On May 23, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Apple's stock has not performed well this year, and some people also are saying since iphone 4, Apple has not done much.

Yes u are right Apple's stock hasn't performed well this year like Android. But the fact still remains its the most stable OS out there. Corporate companies have been ditching Blackberry for Iphones. I can't even make a video call on my Blackberry until late last year. Skype video calls have been availanle for android and Iphones for years. Not to talk of G talk, Face time etc. Blackberry doesn't even have simple apps like Instagram and a dedicated youtube app. Angry birds? So my point is Blackberry are always a step behind android and IOS and yes Nigerians get crazy about it.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Making Inroads Into Cars - Blackberry Taking Driving Into New Heights by Fhemmmy: 2:30pm On May 23, 2013
elektra80:

Yes u are right Apple's stock hasn't performed well this year like Android. But the fact still remains its the most stable OS out there. Corporate companies have been ditching Blackberry for Iphones. I can't even make a video call on my Blackberry until late last year. Skype video calls have been availanle for android and Iphones for years. Not to talk of G talk, Face time etc. Blackberry doesn't even have simple apps like Instagram and a dedicated youtube app. Angry birds? So my point is Blackberry are always a step behind android and IOS and yes Nigerians get crazy about it.

I do understand where you are coming from, but i think BB are now doing all possible to make something happen and focus on what they are good at.

(1) (Reply)

Hi Everyone / Camry 2011 SE Bumper / Honda Radio Code Palava

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.