Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Inspirational Quotes - My Collection - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Inspirational Quotes - My Collection (621 Views)

Inspiring Quotes From Nelson Mandela On Leadership, Change And Life / Popular Quotes By Idi Amin Of Uganda / Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inspirational Quotes - My Collection by Tascocent(m): 1:21pm On May 23, 2013
I read a lot, and one of the things i note in books apart from new words are quotes. Here is my collection below, you can also add yours. ..............................

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. ~Douglas Pagels

A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out. ~Grace Pulpit

A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short. ~Andre Maurois

A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers. ~Ruth Bell Graham

A life without cause is a life without effect. ~Barbarella

A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb

A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year. ~Paul Sweeney

After a few years of marriage, a man can look right at a woman without seeing her - and a woman can see right through a man without looking at him. ~Helen Rowland

All marriages are happy. It's the living together afterward that causes all the trouble. ~Raymond Hull

Almost no one is foolish enough to imagine that he automatically deserves great success in any field of activity; yet almost everyone believes that he automatically deserves success in marriage. ~Sydney J. Harris

Always when judging Who people are, Remember to footnote The words "So far." ~Robert Brault

Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease. ~Lisa Alther

At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet. ~Plato

Be nice to those you meet on the way up. They're the same folks you'll meet on the way down. ~Walter Winchell, 1932

Before borrowing money from a friend, decide which you need most. ~American Proverb

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love. ~Mildred B. Vermont

Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn't know you had, and dealing with fears you didn't know existed. ~Linda Wooten

Being loved by all is little fun Unless you're also loved by one. ~Robert Brault

By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. ~Socrates

Constant use will not wear ragged the fabric of friendship. ~Dorothy Parker

Despite our efforts to keep him out, God intrudes. The life of Jesus is bracketed by two impossibilities: "a virgin's womb and an empty tomb". Jesus entered our world through a door marked,"No Entrance" and left through a door marked "No Exit." --Peter Larson

Don't be found hating thick ankles more than an ugly soul - Gladys Hunt

Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got. ~Janis Joplin

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. ~Mark Twain

Don't marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can't live without. ~James C. Dobson

Everyone sooner or later sits down to a banquet of conse In nature, there are neither rewards nor punishments - Robert Green Ingersoll

Everyone sooner or later sits down to a banquet of consequences - Robert Louis Stevenson
In nature, there are neither rewards nor punishments -While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions - Steven R.Covey

Face what you think you believe and you will be surprised. ~William Hale White

Few things help an individual more than to place responsibility upon him, and to let him know that you trust him. ~Booker T. Washington

Friendship is one mind in two bodies. ~Mencius
Re: Inspirational Quotes - My Collection by hurricaneChris: 1:19pm On May 24, 2013
Hahahahahaha.

Tonibor!
Re: Inspirational Quotes - My Collection by Tascocent(m): 3:21pm On May 24, 2013
hurricaneChris: Hahahahahaha.

Tonibor!
y u dey open ur mouth...........I know people like u. Enemy of Front page.

(1) (Reply)

Mandela's Family In Court Over His Burial Site. / 'CIA Helped Kill Colombian Rebel Leaders' / JERUSALEM,JERUSALEM,JERUSALEM:THE BOTTOM LINE!!! PART 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.