Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,555 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush (13593 Views)

Senator George Theuri Posts Half-Unclad Picture Of Him And His Wife On Facebook / Amnesty Intl Urges African Countries To Arrest George Bush When He Visits Africa / Should George Bush Also Face Trial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Afam(m): 6:10am On Nov 01, 2007
From a private forum, enjoy.

Find below some of his memorable quotes ,

"I fully understand those who say you can't win this thing
militarily. That's exactly what the United States military says, that
you can't win this military." , Oct 17, 2007.

"My job is a decision-making job, and as a result, I make a lot of
decisions." , Oct 3, 2007.

"I got a lot of Ph.D.-types and smart people around me who come into
the Oval Office and say, 'Mr. President, here's what's on my mind.'
And I listen carefully to their advice. But having gathered the
device, I decide, you know, I say, 'This is what we're going to
do.'" , Oct 3, 2007.

"You know, when you give a man more money in his pocket, in this
case, a woman more money in her pocket to expand a business, it, they
build new buildings. And when somebody builds a new building somebody
has got to come and build the building. And when the building
expanded it prevented additional opportunities for people to
work." , Oct 3, 2007.

"As yesterday's positive report card shows, childrens do learn when
standards are high and results are measured." , Sept 26, 2007.

"We're also talking to different finance ministers about how we can
send a message to the Iranian government that the free world is not
going to tolerate the development of know-how in how to build a
weapon, or at least gain the ability to make a weapon." , Sept 20,

"My relationship with this good man is where I've been focused, and
that's where my concentration is. And I don't regret any other aspect
of it. And so I, we filled a lot of space together." , May 17, 2007.

"What I'm telling you is there's too many junk lawsuits suing too
many doctors." , May 10, 2007.

"Information is moving, you know, nightly news is one way, of course,
but it's also moving through the blogosphere and through the
Internets." , May 2, 2007.

"Forms of government matter, in my opinion. It matters how the nature
of the government in which people live." , April 19, 2007.

"And there is distrust in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the
amount of distrust that exists in this town. And I'm sorry it's the
case, and I'll work hard to try to elevate it." , Jan 29, 2007
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 01, 2007
You never finish discussing one topic you don jump to post another one. this man, your virulent hatred of anything Bush or Isreal is driving you down the path of irrational behaviour. At least Bush stays in the white house to give memorable quotes. Hopefully Yar Adua wont spend all his time on German hospital beds.

5 months on and we dont even have an unmemorable quote from him.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Afam(m): 6:45am On Nov 01, 2007
Please don't lump me with your group that hate people based on race or religion.

I hate no one. I hate and abhor evil, wickedness, lies and killing of innocent people.

Keep trying with your lies, twisting of information and making false claims. Your type usually end up becoming complete disasters because you have no respect for truth.

And don't go about worrying about what people post unless you have been given a part time job on Nairaland, if that is the case, be decent enough to inform the forum.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by almondjoy(f): 8:52am On Nov 01, 2007
All in all--Our "rhinestone cowboy" articulates better than OBJ/IBB/YAD combined. E dey "Kampke"!!!!!!!!
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by ochocinco1(m): 11:22am On Nov 01, 2007
almondjoy:

All in all--Our "rhinestone cowboy" articulates better than OBJ/IBB/YAD combined. E dey "Kampke"!!!!!!!!

LOL

well that is the least he can do na. Na im language.

It is not OBJ/YAD'S NATIVE LINGO.

If you ask Yaradua to speak in Hausa now, I am sure he will wow the naysayers. . .At least I hope anyway. grin
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by texazzpete(m): 11:41am On Nov 01, 2007
Afam:

I hate no one. I hate and abhor evil, wickedness, lies and killing of innocent people.

Nice! That means you hate all those evil people that shoot Quassam II rockets into civillian cities, eh?

Oh! Wait! You don't! Guess 'freedom fighting' sure does make you less evil even when you slay civilians, women and kids far from any established conflict zone, eh?
different strokes. . .

How many of those quotes you posted above have anything to do with 'lies, wickedness etc' from Bush? grin
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Afam(m): 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2007
I am against anyone that takes the life of an innocent person. I have never deviated from this position from day 1.

Unfortunately, to some of you here, pointing out any wrong doing by Israel or US amounts to support for Islam or Arab, how unfortunate.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by chidichris(m): 8:16am On Nov 02, 2007
wonders shall never end. afam, a semi illitrate finding faults in bush's english. wow, if you happen to be chinue achebe then u will force the oyibo people to change oxford dictionary.
you hate bush the killer hence u decide to trace his statements.
my dearest afam, bush did not go to school to learn english. it is his mother tongue and please be informed that he is cowboy and speak mostly american english or cowboy's english.
despite been the american president, he is from a first class family in america. bush as a person is made and do i need to remind u that u are talking about the most person living creature at the moment. a man that moves cities and countries. if you have watched" the godfather" bush belongs to the don colion family.
do not allow your frustrations to lead u into a funny life. from the jealousness i feel in u, u must be one of those evil men in the village.
maybe your next post here will be the gramatical errors o Gordon Brown the british prime minister.
wow! kettle calling pot black. i can see ur inbox is becoming dry that u have decided to post anything since u must post a thread.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Afam(m): 11:30pm On Nov 02, 2007
Have you ever come across the word SPELLING before?

From english to even Igbo you cannot spell words correctly. Do you really know the meaning of words you post here or do you just reproduce words you see elsewhere and choose to make them yours?

I no blame you na the people wey waste their money say them wan train you, maybe them been think say dem fit turn you from mumu to human being but for where?

In fact, I hereby confer on you the Chief Illiterate of NL.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by folahann(m): 12:21am On Nov 03, 2007
and why are killing ourselves b'cos of what happened elsewhere
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by almondjoy(f): 12:59am On Nov 03, 2007
chidichris:

wonders shall never end. afam, a semi illitrate finding faults in bush's english. wow, if you happen to be chinue achebe then u will force the oyibo people to change oxford dictionary.
you hate bush the killer hence u decide to trace his statements.

my dearest afam, bush did not go to school to learn english. it is his mother tongue[b] and please be informed that he is cowboy and speak mostly american english or cowboy's english.[/b]
despite been the american president, he is from a first class family in america. bush as a person is made and do i need to remind u that u are talking about the most person living creature at the moment. a man that moves cities and countries. if you have watched" the godfather" bush belongs to the don colion family.

do not allow your frustrations to lead u into a funny life. from the jealousness i feel in u, u must be one of those evil men in the village.
maybe your next post here will be the gramatical errors o Gordon Brown the british prime minister.
wow! kettle calling pot black. i can see your inbox is becoming dry that u have decided to post anything since u must post a thread.

Afam:

Have you ever come across the word SPELLING before?

From english to even Igbo you cannot spell words correctly. Do you really know the meaning of words you post here or do you just reproduce words you see elsewhere and choose to make them yours?

I no blame you na the people wey waste their money say them wan train you, maybe them been think say them fit turn you from mumu to human being but for where?

In fact, I hereby confer on you the[b] Chief Illiterate of Nairaland.[/b]

CHAI!!!!!

Friday free for all!!!
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by chidichris(m): 8:24am On Nov 03, 2007
wow, Y worrying myself about u teaching me english when you can teach bush english.
from the way things are going you will soon start an english lesson for world presidents
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 6:56am On Nov 04, 2007
There is absolutely no question that George W. Bush is the most clueless, dumbest, stupidest, most inarticulate, most idiotic, most senseless, most arrogant, most dishonest, most insensitive, bag of flesh, blood and bones, to become president of any nation.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by almondjoy(f): 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2007
RichyBlacK:

There is absolutely no question that George W. Bush is the most clueless, dumbest, stupidest, most inarticulate, most idiotic, most senseless, most arrogant, most dishonest, most insensitive, bag of flesh, blood and bones, to become president of any nation.

We know.

But it may surprise you that the America is more stable than Nigeria with all the "wise and honest" rulers you have there.  You are on the verge of overturning the past elections of just a few months old in Nigeria and you are here talking about America?

I don't know why people who live in glass houses keep throwing stones at others.  My friend, please remove the log in your eyes before you see the specks in others'!!!!  Look at people talking? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked---What a joke!!!!!! I think you have really lost all your marbles.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Seun(m): 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2007
I found the quotes very, very funny! cheesy
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Pain(m): 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2007
I can see a lot of personal issues playing out on the forum. Its interesting to see how human differences and scores migrate to and evolve in the virtual domain. grin

Man would be man. Someday some E-zionists will claim Nairaland for their own. Seun beware undecided. E-colonization is a reality.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by almondjoy(f): 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2007
Madam Etteh's was posted not too long ago and you guys were no where around to laugh oh! Laughing at others far better than you. This is a Nigerian website and as such should learn to concentrate on its own myriad and multifaceted problems instead of others who are way better off!

Look at the ones laughing!

Rubbish!
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by mrpataki(m): 9:21pm On Nov 04, 2007
We have issues to solve in the country, the inbox man comes up with it again! This time from a private forum grin

Can the inbox man tell us what are the memorable quotes of OBJ
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by almondjoy(f): 9:48pm On Nov 04, 2007
mrpataki:

We have issues to solve in the country, the inbox man comes up with it again! This time from a private forum grin

Can the inbox man tell us what are the memorable quotes of OBJ

Can you imagine the "unimaginable"! shocked

I say OBJ dey "kamkpeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin The kind of rubbish coming out of a whole so-called president of Nigeria's mouth---for newsreporters.

" I DEY KAMKPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE " Upon rumours of his death a few years ago.

GHETTO PRESIDENT!!!!!
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 04, 2007
RichyBlacK:

But there is also absolutely no question that under George Bush, the US economy remains stronger than that of the entire continent of Africa. There is no question that the budget of the NY fire service is bigger than that of Nigeria.
There is absolutely NO question that the US remains the world's most powerful nation militarily.

With all his "honesty, sensitivity, sense, articulation, smartness", there is no question that Yar Adua's Nigeria is busy competing with the likes of Congo and Somalia for a spot as one of the most underdeveloped nations of the world.

I'd rather have a fumbling Bush than Yar Asleep.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by denex: 10:09pm On Nov 04, 2007
You guys take this George Bush man too seriously. Somebody that claimed that more and more of America's imports are coming form abroad. Where the hell else is import supposed to come from?

@almondjoy

Please correct yourself. Even though George Bush was born in the US, that didn't make him more articulate than OBJ. The man is just too dull.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 04, 2007
denex:

@almondjoy

Please correct yourself. Even though George Bush was born in the US, that didn't make him more articulate than OBJ. The man is just too dull.

He cant be significantly worse than Yar Ardull.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by almondjoy(f): 10:45pm On Nov 04, 2007
denex:

You guys take this George Bush man too seriously. Somebody that claimed that more and more of America's imports are coming form abroad. Where the hell else is import supposed to come from?

@almondjoy

I may agree with you that GWB is dull and comical. But the mistake I will never make is to put GBW and YRD in the same room or category, so you will have to pardon my "political incorrectness".

davidylan:

He can't be significantly worse than Yar Ardull.

I really do not understand most of the time. How can we compare YRD to GWB for Christ's sake? On any level--there is no comparison--not on any level. I will take George Bush any day. Put YRD in front of world leaders and see if he will get any coverage. As bush as GWB is----I don't need to tell you he is respected all over the world even with his "funny cowboy" talk. Put YRD out there and let us see how well he would do with the BARKIN ZUWO "fanta and coke solid minerals" vocabulary. The best bet is to just use and interpreter while he communicates in his native "tongue" like other foreign world leaders.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by mrpataki(m): 10:51pm On Nov 04, 2007
@ almondjoy,

Take caution oh! Yar'Adua is the first Nigerian University graduate to become president! cheesy cheesy

At least that was a memorable quote from OBJ tongue
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by iykrion(m): 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2007
Why is it that everytime anything about the US is mentioned, the next thing will be 'Nigeria is this', 'Nigeria is that'? The truth remains that Nigeria and the US are no match at all, they are no mates either, so why the comparison and multivariate analysis.

Even at this Nigeria's snail-speed development, there will be a lot of improvement by the next 50yrs. What we only need are commited and resourceful people at the top.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Uche2nna(m): 10:59pm On Nov 04, 2007
George Bush and Yar Adua, why would anyone want to compare those two. George Bush is in his second term as the US president while Yar Adua is just cutting his teeth on the presidential seat. Moreover the two countries in question are not comparable, one is a million light years away from the other, so I really see no basis for comparison  undecided

However, Americans may huff and puff  but thier votes put the dude in thier, not once but twice.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 04, 2007
Uche2nna:

However, Americans may huff and puff but their votes put the dude in their, not once but twice.

Spot on! Why are Nigerians crying louder than the Americans who actually did the voting? you'd think the Nigerians would be more interested in making sure their votes count at the polls instead of having cows out-vote them all the time.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 11:27pm On Nov 04, 2007
almondjoy:

We know.

But it may surprise you that the America is more stable than Nigeria with all the "wise and honest" rulers you have there. You are on the verge of overturning the past elections of just a few months old in Nigeria and you are here talking about America?

I don't know why people who live in glass houses keep throwing stones at others. My friend, please remove the log in your eyes before you see the specks in others'!!!! Look at people talking? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked---What a joke!!!!!! I think you have really lost all your marbles.

@almondjoy,

In your haste to remind us of the technological superiority of the US over Nigeria, you mix-up the office of presidency and the president.

Yes, George Bush is the president of one of the most powerful nations in the world, however, that does not, in any way, diminish the glaring fact (a fact you agree with) that he is the worst, in all ramifications of that word, president/leader/head-of-state this planet has ever had the unfortunate experience of witnessing.

So, I was not comparing the office of the presidency of the United States with that of Nigeria, but was pointing to the shame and darkness embodied in the man called George Bush.

You have to let go of this mentality of tying an individual to an office. George Bush is just an individual who holds an office (temporarily). After he is out, he'll go back to the irrelevance of his ranch in Texas; definitely not one to celebrated, but one to be despised.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 11:39pm On Nov 04, 2007
davidylan:

But there is also absolutely no question that under George Bush, the US economy remains stronger than that of the entire continent of Africa. There is no question that the budget of the NY fire service is bigger than that of Nigeria.
There is absolutely NO question that the US remains the world's most powerful nation militarily.

With all his "honesty, sensitivity, sense, articulation, smartness", there is no question that Yar Adua's Nigeria is busy competing with the likes of Congo and Somalia for a spot as one of the most underdeveloped nations of the world.

I'd rather have a fumbling Bush than Yar Asleep.

Well, I wasn't comparing the US with Nigeria. So get it straight. I was pointing to the person - George Bush.

Unfortunately, George Bush is president of a[b] one of the[/b] most powerful and most advanced nations in the world.

However, that speaks nothing of his personality. He is an arrogant fool who was lucky to have an influential father with strong connections, a smart adviser - Karl Rove, and huge mass of politically-illiterate Americans that supported him.

Don't change the topic to "Nigeria versus the United States". Go start that thread if you wish. This one is about the idiot called George W Bush.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 11:58pm On Nov 04, 2007
almondjoy:

I may agree with you that GWB is dull and comical. But the mistake I will never make is to put GBW and YRD in the same room or category, so you will have to pardon my "political incorrectness".

George Bush only has the cover of "US President". His personality is banal, his words are meaningless, and his message is empty. Yar' Adua has much better ideas, is more articulate, uses actual English words when communicating in English, and has a message.

I really do not understand most of the time. How can we compare YRD to GWB for Christ's sake? On any level--there is no comparison--not on any level. I will take George Bush any day. Put YRD in front of world leaders and see if he will get any coverage. As bush as GWB is----I don't need to tell you he is respected all over the world even with his "funny cowboy" talk.

Your statements above are beginning to sound lunatic:
1. This thread is not about comparing intelligent people (like Yar' Adua), with mentally-handicapped people (like George Bush). It's about "Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush".

2. Please go check the meaning of the word "level". You score no points by mixing up the office and the person.

3. Also check the meaning of respect. You obviously need someone to interpret the meaning of that word to you. George Bush is not even respected by his fellow Republicans (how many of the Republican candidates have even approached him for any form of tacit endorsement?). He is not respected by the majority of Americans, now in 2007 (64% disapprove of his presidency). Outside the US, only people who don't follow the news, and still think the charismatic Bill Clinton is still the president (ignorance is bliss sometimes grin), have any form of respect for the current US president, George Bush.
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 05, 2007
RichyBlacK:

George Bush only has the cover of "US President". His personality is banal, his words are meaningless, and his message is empty. Yar' Adua has much better ideas, is more articulate, uses actual English words when communicating in English, and has a message.

Where are Yar Adua's "much better ideas"? What is his "message"? Did he forget them on his hospital bed in Germany?

Yar Adua is more articulate? grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 12:07am On Nov 05, 2007
Pain:

I can see a lot of personal issues playing out on the forum. Its interesting to see how human differences and scores migrate to and evolve in the virtual domain. grin

Man would be man. Someday some E-zionists will claim Nairaland for their own. Seun beware undecided. E-colonization is a reality.

@Pain,

Any attempts by E-zionists to illegally occupy Nairaland will be summarily crushed. We go show dem say Naija no be Palestine! grin

Yep, I'm sure Seun is ready and able to command Nairaland forces to deal with incursions into Nairaland territory by e-IDF forces. Just like e-Hezbollah dealt with them, Nairaland forces will smash their positions and obliterate any hope of usurping our territory for their greedy selves! God willing!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Libyans Under Gaddafi Live A Better Life Than Americans / Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire / Fiona Onasanya To Stand Trial For Lying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.