Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,867 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island (39544 Views)

Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) / Man Spotted Lying On The Ground In Victoria-Island Lagos (Photos) / Keke NAPEP Driving On Pedestrain Bridge In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by ifyalways(f): 6:37am On May 24, 2013
lordimpaq: Its really amazing when people do not actually know what happened and the thread is filled with assumptions about the situation and no one even cares to find out the true story.

firstly, they are not actual couples, the male is a driver while the female is his boss as she is a zonal executive of a bank on Adetokunbo Ademola as depicted on the lady's lapel

secondly, the couple did not sleep off, they slumped and had to be resuscitated.

the story according to the drivers of that bank is that they were coming from the house of the friend of the female, what transpired in there we do not know.

Both are now awake but have not spoken a word as at last night, all indications point to them being drugged or some form of drugging...well we would see how it unfolds...
hmmmmn
So, they both ate or drank something at the friends place?
Interesting oh
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by TheBookWorm: 7:57am On May 24, 2013
I am just guessing, but this may be a case of carbon monoxide poisoning.

If it was indeed CO poisoning, the couple should have been taken out the vehicle immediately, so that they could get oxygen.

Oxygen is needed in order to increase the removal of the carbon monoxide from hemoglobin.
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Elebiju: 8:28am On May 24, 2013
Hmmmmmm!Topeorekoya u've got a dumb scheme,nairalanders are refined peeps and u should know better than this,if u need traffic on ur dumpsite be creative.
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by cescky(m): 8:44am On May 24, 2013
lordimpaq: Its really amazing when people do not actually know what happened and the thread is filled with assumptions about the situation and no one even cares to find out the true story.

firstly, they are not actual couples, the male is a driver while the female is his boss as she is a zonal executive of a bank on Adetokunbo Ademola as depicted on the lady's lapel

secondly, the couple did not sleep off, they slumped and had to be resuscitated.

the story according to the drivers of that bank is that they were coming from the house of the friend of the female, what transpired in there we do not know.

Both are now awake but have not spoken a word as at last night, all indications point to them being drugged or some form of drugging...well we would see how it unfolds...

hmm people are harsh oo sad sad, Thank God evil didnt triumph at the end
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Nobody: 8:51am On May 24, 2013
They should get rid of the car, its carbon monoxide poisoning and nothing more. How unscientific can Nairalanders be.
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by timmyudemba: 9:37am On May 24, 2013
Jakumo: Carbon-monoxide poisoning from a silencer leak in their car, especially while stuck in traffic, would indeed put all occupants into a deep slumber that could lead to a comatose state, followed by death, if they are not removed from the source of the exhaust leak and given oxygen quickly.
. Exactly,d first car is a prado jeep,whyl d oda is likely 2 b a honda sedan vehicle,infact d information is wrong
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Ekundayor: 9:40am On May 24, 2013
mascot87:

Guy, na you make sense pass, this op is just a crap.We aren't learners na undecided
Check out where other spectators are facing, the couple's car is right there.
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Boyoorisha: 10:12am On May 24, 2013
Find Out!:
Hmmm...... Is this for real?

Both pics posted are of different cars. First pic is obviously a Landcruiser Prado while second pic looks very much like a Honda Accord 06-07 (discussion continues). Care to tell us which of the cars the couple is actually sleeping in?

Edit: Photography could have been better. 1st photo not needed as it appears the Prado was just a 'spectator' car alongside the other people looking at the main 'car of interest' parked close to the Prado
Good observation! Aside from that, look at the first picture, you would see that the new EKO hotel was still under construction then. That tells the picture was taken some years back and the OP claimed he took the picture yesterday. All these bloggers can lie just to attract traffic.
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by kramer: 10:33am On May 24, 2013

Thanks for pointing these out but I have a few questions.

Most madam's seat it in the back seat of their car but from the picture we can see that she's in the front seat.. so it would make more sense to assume that they have a partner or friend relationship than Madam and Driver

Also it seems as though her seat is also reclined as if she intended to take a nap.. don;t know if anyone else noticed that?
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Brilliance9000: 11:45am On May 24, 2013
meine:

@Your 3rd point, obviously you are obodo oyinbo wannabe. You could have said you took too much Pounded yam and that will sit well with me but making it look like pounded yam is the problem here sounds funny. Even in the remote las vegas,Nevada we still look for african stores to buy iyan ingredients and cook correct egusi. sit down there o. I dont understand why Africans don't celebrate their things?

Typical Nigerian and quick to judge. I don't get your point. Statements in bold are out of line with my post. What's the wannabe coming from? The fact that I eat pounded yam and egusi clearly renders your comment futile....it means I love my Nigerian food and proudly eats them. The debate is not about celebrating or pretending, is about the heaviness of the food. If you read my last statement...I said I still eat them but in reduced quantity.
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Finestlex(m): 11:57am On May 24, 2013
topeorekoy: I was on Ademola Adetokunbo, I saw this crowd gathered around a car right in front of Eko Hotels. I stylishly moved closer and asked one of the usual Lagos "gather around' and was told that the couple while driving along the road slept and eventually stopped in front of Eko Hotels.

Despite people opening the car doors, the couple still did not wake up but they are breathing as at the time I took these pictures.

What could have happened to this couple? Were they drugged or are they on drugs?

http://topeorekoya..com/2013/05/photos-couple-sleep-off-while-driving.html
. What's the name of their village? African technology is involved
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by dorggito1(m): 4:26pm On May 24, 2013
dis is serious oo on d main road?sometin definitely wud ve happened
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Gboliwe: 5:10am On May 25, 2013
Thank God they are alive. That is the major thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Couple Going Home From Work Die In Fatal Accident In Ekiti State. Graphic Photos / Drop Your Most Embarrassing Moment - Let’s Laugh A Little / Policeman Spotted At The Back Of Danfo In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.