Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project (6915 Views)

Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos / Buhari Inspecting Dadin Kowa Dam Project In Gombe In 1975 (Photo) / Historian help!Which city was the first capital of Nigeria?Calabar,zungeru,lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by awodman: 4:06am On May 24, 2013
The Niger Government on Thursday said President Goodluck Jonathan would flag off the construction of the multi-billion Naira Zungeru Hydro-electricity dam project on May 28.

The Commissioner for Information, Prof Mohammed Yahaya, told newsmen in Minna that the flag off of the project was part of the activities lined up for the president's one-day official visit to the state.

Yahaya said that the state government and its people
appreciated the gesture of the president for approving the execution of the project which had been on the drawing board for over 15 years.

``Niger Government appreciates what the president has
done. For 15 years, the project has been on the drawing
board.

``With the project, the state government will take its pride as the power house of the nation.``

He commended the Federal Government for the ongoing
dualisation of the Suleja-Minna high way.

Yahaya said the construction of the Zungeru dam would bring to four the number of hydro-electricity dams in the state.

``The state hosts Shiroro, Jebba and Kainji hydro electric
dams,'' he listed.

Source:https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=549345285118384&l=b4dd03fbe1&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FcO7I6aIk91&_rdr
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by tempilo2k(m): 4:15am On May 24, 2013
Finally we get to hear something positive. grin
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by mojounited(m): 6:01am On May 24, 2013
cool
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by awodman: 6:40am On May 24, 2013
``Niger Government appreciates what the president has
done. For 15 years, the project has been on the drawing
board.

Can you see the quote above..15 years on the drawing board shocked..Thank you GEJ for making the project come to fruition..when this power plant and MAMBILLA are completed..it would be a great thang..

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by Bryancrox(m): 9:17am On May 24, 2013
Make dey fast o,because we need uninterrupted power supply(ups) o,cos i dor tire 4 all dis i beta pass my neighbour generator sound 4 my area o.
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by taharqa2: 9:20am On May 24, 2013
After 15 yrs of 'planning'!!!... GEJ continues to clean d MESS that previous Admins hv pooed in 9ja

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by kenx1(m): 9:20am On May 24, 2013
Must it be hydro wat happens to other sources of energy, why can't we diversify 4 ones!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by strangest(m): 9:21am On May 24, 2013
Nice one... They should complete it on time before 2015 o... Seems GEJ is actually working with brains
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by Iaz93: 9:24am On May 24, 2013
kenx1: Must it be hydro wat happens to other sources of energy, why can't we diversify 4 ones!!!!!!!!!
WTF! If nothing happens, you'd complain. Now, they're trying to do something and you're still complaining. Where you from sef?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by Joemint(m): 9:26am On May 24, 2013
may God hlp u to continue diz gud works Oga GEJ. More greez 2ur elbow.
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by kenx1(m): 9:32am On May 24, 2013
Iaz93: WTF! If nothing happens, you'd complain. Now, they're trying to do something and you're still complaining. Where you from sef?

Don't get me wrong!! Wat I'm driving @ is der r other sources of power we can invest on.....puting all eggs n one basket is quite dangerous
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by IGBOSON1: 9:36am On May 24, 2013
Anyone know how many megatwatts this hydro-dam would churn out?

Nigeria oni baje o! grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by UyiIredia(m): 9:39am On May 24, 2013
Kudos to him on that.
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by IGBOSON1: 9:41am On May 24, 2013
taharqa2: After 15 yrs of 'planning'!!!... GEJ continues to clean d MESS that previous Admins hv pooed in 9ja

^^^Wasn't that the same nonsense they played with Ajaokuta steel coy that left it comatose to this day? Think of most of the initiatives and industries built (or attempted to be built) in this country since the 70s; how many of them are thriving on-going concerns today?
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by Maxymilliano(m): 9:46am On May 24, 2013
15 years on the drawing board No wonder progress has continued to elude this country due to leaders who lack the 'political will and foresight' to move Nigeria forward in all the 3 branches of government.

Glad that someone is doing something this time around.
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by billante(m): 9:46am On May 24, 2013
For you guys information it is a 750 MW capacity power plant and when you add it to mambilla 3500 MW which also construction is about to start you have a whooping 4250 MW for distribution into the grid....add to 10,000 we will be generating by first quarter of next yr plus new ipps dat private companies are bringing on board, example chevron 500MW plant mobil 500MW transcorp 1000MW geometric 650 MW etc.....we are heading to 20,000 MW by 2016

Can somebody tell me if this administration is actually clueless?

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by Nobody: 9:50am On May 24, 2013
This is an indication that GEJ in the right course. May God help you '' my oga at the top''
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by Symphony007: 9:59am On May 24, 2013
Keep wasting money on stupid dams. Their are milions of plants and oil platforms in the niger delta flaring enough gas to power cities in nigeria. They've invited the government to fund pipeline projects to transfer this gas to power stations that will ultimately boost the national power grid, but they're just tone deaf and shortsighted...today bonny island in rivers state is the only place in this country that enjoys uninterrupted power supply because of gas of the largest LNG plant in africa located there. Yet they still flare gas because they already have enough power. Non commonsensical government.
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by awodman: 10:09am On May 24, 2013
kenx1:

Don't get me wrong!! Wat I'm driving @ is der r other sources of power we can invest on.....puting all eggs n one basket is quite dangerous
We have gas power plants...
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by AroOkigbo(m): 10:10am On May 24, 2013
billante: For you guys information it is a 750 MW capacity power plant and when you add it to mambilla 3500 MW which also construction is about to start you have a whooping 4250 MW for distribution into the grid....add to 10,000 we will be generating by first quarter of next yr plus new ipps dat private companies are bringing on board, example chevron 500MW plant mobil 500MW transcorp 1000MW geometric 650 MW etc.....we are heading to 20,000 MW by 2016

The OPPOSITION will still complain. APC my foot!!
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by denitro(m): 10:34am On May 24, 2013
Hydroelectric

Hydroelectric station Community Type Capacity Year Name - reservoir River
Kainji Power Station Reservoir 800 MW 1968[1] Kainji Lake Niger River
Jebba Power Station Reservoir 540 MW 1985 Lake Jebba Niger River
Shiroro Power Station Reservoir 600 MW 1990 Lake Shiroro Kaduna River
Kano Power Station Reservoir 100 MW 2015[2] Hadejia River
Zamfara Power Station Reservoir 100 MW 2012[3] Gotowa Lake Bunsuru River
Kiri Power Station Reservoir 35 MW 2016 Benue River
Mambilla Power Station Taraba State Reservoir 3050 MW 2018 [40] Gembu, Sum Sum and Nghu Lake Donga River
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by asala1: 10:39am On May 24, 2013
kenx1:

There are more non-hydro plants than hydro plants in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by Nobody: 11:06am On May 24, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Anyone know how many megatwatts this hydro-dam would churn out?

Nigeria oni baje o! grin
mabila alone will generate over 3050mw when completed by 2015-2016 plus this one that they are about to build. Nice one gej. Nigeria will get there
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by Greatken007(m): 11:08am On May 24, 2013
kenx1: Must it be hydro wat happens to other sources of energy, why can't we diversify 4 ones!!!!!!!!!
MUST MUGU LIKE U ALWAYS COMMENT?NOTHING EVER SATISFIES U IN LIFE,WHO TOLD U WIL DONT ALSO USE GAS(GO AND CONFIRM THIS FROM NIGERIAN GAS COMPANY)

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by Nonybb: 11:26am On May 24, 2013
9jadelta: mabila alone will generate over 3050mw when completed by 2015-2016 plus this one that they are about to build. Nice one gej. Nigeria will get there
Look at this guy. Who told u that works are going on at mambilla?
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by lacasa: 11:54am On May 24, 2013
Call me wen its up n working. undecided
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by Agukagu(m): 12:09pm On May 24, 2013
Symphony007: Keep wasting money on stupid dams. Their are milions of plants and oil platforms in the niger delta flaring enough gas to power cities in nigeria. They've invited the government to fund pipeline projects to transfer this gas to power stations that will ultimately boost the national power grid, but they're just tone deaf and shortsighted...today bonny island in rivers state is the only place in this country that enjoys uninterrupted power supply because of gas of the largest LNG plant in africa located there. Yet they still flare gas because they already have enough power. Non commonsensical government.

Energy from Hydo Dams is renewable and has less adverse impact. Gas is non renewable and can finish one day no matter the quantity of our reserve. We should be talking of harnessing our gas for domestic/industrial use and for export. Hydo dams have other benefits like providing water for irrigation, raw water for water treatment plants, recharging ground water aquifer, providing large volume of water for recreational activities like boating, rowing, diving, aquatic sports etc. Dams are very effectivie in checking flooding and making water available all year round.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by Johnsonjoye(m): 12:29pm On May 24, 2013
Their is a book titled; 'Zungeru-"The forgotten capital of Northern Nigeria."' written by Brid. D. Moh'd. Thank God now this 4gotten town is now been remembered by the FG. I pray d project will be successful.
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by obailala(m): 12:43pm On May 24, 2013
billante: For you guys information it is a 750 MW capacity power plant and when you add it to mambilla 3500 MW which also construction is about to start you have a whooping 4250 MW for distribution into the grid....add to 10,000 we will be generating by first quarter of next yr plus new ipps dat private companies are bringing on board, example chevron 500MW plant mobil 500MW transcorp 1000MW geometric 650 MW etc.....we are heading to 20,000 MW by 2016

Aro Okigbo:

The OPPOSITION will still complain. APC my foot!!
The complaints has nothing to do with the opposition my friend. The common tomato grinder in the market has heard this kind of news (promise) all her life and hopes that one day, she wouldn't have to buy petrol from the blackmarket to power her machines. The question still remains, "when will this day come?"
All we want is a conversion of all these megawatts being promised to reasonably steady power supply. Nigerians are tired of promises and we will only appreciate when we click the switches in our homes and the lights come up.
Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by PapaBrowne(m): 1:46pm On May 24, 2013
And someone wants me to consider voting Buhari so that just like Yar Adua damaged the progress OBJ made in the power sector taking us ten years backwards, Buhari would cancel all these marvelous progress we are making in this sector.
Never!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project by pat077: 2:23pm On May 24, 2013
denitro: Hydroelectric

Hydroelectric station Community Type Capacity Year Name - reservoir River
Kainji Power Station Reservoir 800 MW 1968[1] Kainji Lake Niger River
Jebba Power Station Reservoir 540 MW 1985 Lake Jebba Niger River
Shiroro Power Station Reservoir 600 MW 1990 Lake Shiroro Kaduna River
Kano Power Station Reservoir 100 MW 2015[2] Hadejia River
Zamfara Power Station Reservoir 100 MW 2012[3] Gotowa Lake Bunsuru River
Kiri Power Station Reservoir 35 MW 2016 Benue River
Mambilla Power Station Taraba State Reservoir 3050 MW 2018 [40] Gembu, Sum Sum and Nghu Lake Donga River
why are all these power station located in the North?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS / Are The Igbos Really Jews? See The Colonial Flag And Currency Of Nigeria / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Responds To Pdp/christian Bigots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.