Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz (8825 Views)

12 Tips To Boost Your Salat / Muslim Leaders Must Unite To Defeat False Promises Of Jihadists – Obama / Do Muslim Leaders Perform Miracles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by maclatunji: 1:07pm On May 24, 2013
Muslim leaders pray at Auschwitz during a Holocaust awareness visit

Muslim leaders from across the globe knelt in prayer for the Holocaust dead at the Auschwitz’s notorious Wall of Death on Wednesday, in an emotional visit to the Nazi German death camp in southern Poland.

Imams from Bosnia, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the United States offered traditional Muslim “salat” prayers facing south towards their holy city of Mecca, shoes removed, during a Holocaust awareness visit to the site.

Thousands of Auschwitz prisoners perished at the wall, which is grey and still riddled with bullet holes. It is a stone’s throw from the infamous wrought iron “Arbeit macht frei” (Work makes you free) gate at the camp’s entrance.

“What can you say? You’re speechless. What you have seen is beyond human imagination,” a visibly moved Imam Mohamed Magid, President of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), told AFP after prayers and viewing the camp’s infamous gas chamber and crematoria.

“Whether in Europe today or in the Muslim world, my call to humanity: End racism, for God’s sake, end anti-Semitism, for God’s sake, end Islamophobia for God’s sake, end sexism for God’s sake… Enough is enough,” he said.

“When I saw what happened for the people here, I tried to prevent my tears from my eyes because its very difficult to see how many people were killed without any reason,” Palestinian Imam Barakat Hasan from Ramallah said.

“I am from Palestine and my people are suffering now since 65 years until now, so of course I feel for others who have suffering,” he added.

The visit was part of a Holocaust awareness and anti-genocide programme organised in part by the US State Department’s Office of International Religious Freedom.

Of the six million Jews killed by the Nazis during World War II, a million were murdered at Auschwitz-Birkenau, mostly in its notorious gas chambers, along with tens of thousands of others including Poles, Roma and Soviet prisoners of war.

Operated by the Nazis from 1940 until it was liberated by the Soviet Red Army on January 27, 1945, Auschwitz was part of a vast and brutal network of death and concentration camps across Europe set up as part of Adolf Hitler’s “Final Solution” of genocide against an estimated 10 million European Jews.

Once Europe’s Jewish heartland, Poland saw 90 percent of its 3.3 million pre-war Jews wiped out under Nazi German occupation between 1939-45.

Some of the imams wept at an emotional meeting Tuesday with Jewish Holocaust survivors and their Polish Catholic saviours who told stories of their war-time sacrifice and survival at Warsaw’s Nozyk Synagogue.

Earlier Tuesday, the group visited the Polish capital’s new Museum of the History of Polish Jews, in the heart of city’s pre-war Jewish community which became the infamous Warsaw ghetto under the Nazis.

The sprawling venue highlights nearly a millennium of Jewish life in Poland obliterated by the Holocaust.

A soaring rupture opening on to undulating walls marks its facade, an allusion to Exodus and the parting of the Red Sea, through which Moses led the Jews fleeing slavery in Egypt to freedom, a narrative shared by the Torah, the Bible and the Quran.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/22/muslim-leaders-pray-at-auschwitz-during-a-holocaust-awareness-visit/

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by FiftyFifty(m): 1:17pm On May 24, 2013
And unfortunately the Jews have forgotten so soon & are now inflicting all sort of attrocities, barbarism & terrorism against the defendless Palestinians with the endless assistance of the US. What an irony!

8 Likes

Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by tpia5: 3:58pm On May 24, 2013
why did they visit it?

just wondering.
Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by free2ryhme: 11:50am On May 29, 2013
How will dis affect us on Nairaland
Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by Nobody: 11:51am On May 29, 2013
Abomination
Muslims are really conquering the world
Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by ksusi: 11:53am On May 29, 2013
Why do you make this statement
Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by Nobody: 11:57am On May 29, 2013
ksusi: Why do you make this statement
are you really asking that question? In the world we have symbols, you don't expect Christians performing their rituals in or near the kabba
Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by Nobody: 11:58am On May 29, 2013
Terrorism is not part of Islam. I am a muslim and I tell U this, I rock and I am well educated.. TERRORISM IS NOT AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM. Anyone who kills or killing in the name of Islam is NOT a muslim

38 Likes

Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by ebucha: 12:01pm On May 29, 2013
sanniemoe: Terrorism is not part of Islam. I am a muslim and I tell U this, I rock and I am well educated.. TERRORISM IS NOT AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM. Anyone who kills or killing in the name of Islam is NOT a muslim
story story

12 Likes

Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 29, 2013
Aro Okigbo:

suicide bombing now looks ok...smh!!
well I'm not worried about suicide bombing that much , if you take a look at the latest news you will see that suicide bombings decreased..they are smarter now, they want to outnumber the white population(guess you know characteristics of the white population in the west) anyway to cut short I'm more worried about the new worldwide caliphate ..with the sharia as the law...yep in less than 20years Europe will become Muslim

1 Like

Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by kraftykc(m): 12:06pm On May 29, 2013
Hopefully people on nairaland will not act like ostriches bury their heads in the sand at this. The gesture of a palestinian who visits one of the most anti-semetic sites in the empathizes with the jews nor muslims who show respect at site where thousands of christians died is a very laufable one.

Christians, spread LOVE to everyone, Muslims, show RESPECT to everyone. Your good books demand it
Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by soderican(m): 12:11pm On May 29, 2013
Am not a muslim,bro, but I totally believe u. It seems muslims are much awake to d emergence of dajjal,new world order and all forms of masonry dat they fight wit dia last. But unfortunately,perpetrators wud always outsmart or try to outsmart them.
sanniemoe: Terrorism is not part of Islam. I am a muslim and I tell U this, I rock and I am well educated.. TERRORISM IS NOT AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM. Anyone who kills or killing in the name of Islam is NOT a muslim

1 Like

Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 29, 2013
I've always known there are still some level-headed Moslems around. After all, my dear mom is an Alhaja and dad is Christian. So God is love, patience, tolerance, and all good adjectives spoken in different languages. May the extremist borrow a leaf from their leaders,after all they know the good Book more.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by pappilo(m): 12:22pm On May 29, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: are you really asking that question? In the world we have symbols, you don't expect Christians performing their rituals in or near the kabba

So Auschwitz represents Christianity?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by farmer99: 12:23pm On May 29, 2013
lakhadimar: YoU ARE NOT A MUSLIM
he is a muslim, its u dat need to check his head
Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY1RPnSThFM

Muslim praying in the street of Rome near basilique saint Pierre. Christian bastion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rbLmTUa1
Muslim praying in Russia Catholic orthodox bastion

A lot more they are not in any way showing respect, there are clearly saying we can pray on your institutions and go free, you as a Christian try to make the sign of the cross near a mosque talk less in the Mecca near the kabba.

^^food for thoughts

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 29, 2013
autumn.flower:

How ignorant!
So aushwitz is a religious site?
there is nothing you can teach me , can you bring the quote where I said aushwitz was a Christian/religiou s site ? Refrain to quote me
Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 29, 2013
I will accept that islam is a religion of peace if a church cathedral can be built in mecca or medina so that the 0.1% christian population of saudi arabia who are presently practising their religion underground can openly worship their God without the fear of being targets for persecution

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 29, 2013
pappilo:

So Auschwitz represents Christianity?
I'm not surprised , but please bring me the quote where I said such
Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 29, 2013
lakhadimar: I will accept that islam is a religion of peace if a church cathedral can be built in mecca or medina so that the 0.1% christian population of saudi arabia who are presently practising their religion underground can openly worship their God without the fear of being targets for persecution
you got it

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by Sholly121: 12:28pm On May 29, 2013
Anyone who kills or killing in the name of Islam is NOT a muslim[/quote]
but what? Herbalist rite? Fool

1 Like

Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by ziccoit: 12:31pm On May 29, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
Will ur arab masters allow Christians to show them respect in the kabba? this is a provocation, period I know how Muslim think and behave, beside who needs your respect?

How is that site a religion centre? Is it a mosque, church, shrine? That place is a historical site where million of people were murdered. Period
Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 29, 2013
Do you think they don't have mosques in France, Italy(imagine) , Russia, china EU etc but why do they pray in the street? Why do they pray in front of gov institutions and religious(Christian) institutions? Do you think the same thing can b done in their land? Even the indigenous copte of Egypt can worship freely and in peace, this week 20.000 Muslim attacked a copte church in Egypt with brick/stones etc..because apparently one church member looked at a Muslim woman.religion of peace indeed

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by lacasa: 12:35pm On May 29, 2013
Well, good gesture but, it will never be appreciated by the zionists.

#.. Now, i understand Hitler's actions to a certain degree
Re: Muslim Leaders Peform Salat At Auschwitz by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 29, 2013
autumn.flower:

And what does the bolded mean then?
are you all right? The bolded is a question, answer .period

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Your Parents Your Responsibility? / Ramadan: Things That Do Not Invalidate Fasting / At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.