Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! (12051 Views)

“Why My Father Named Me Rotimi” Gov Rotimi Amaechi / Caption This Photo Of Gov Sule Lamido And Gov Rotimi Amaechi / Aregbesola's Victory Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by jeffizy(m): 2:12am On May 25, 2013
[b] "Today,our democracy was tested and proven. Democracy is about participation. The aim of democratic governance is for everyone to partake in winning. Today the governors have spoken with one voice reaffirming our faith in democratic governance as the hope of Nigeria’s future. I must thank my colleagues for their tenacity and determination to ensure the unity of the forum but more importantly of our nation.
We remain committed to supporting our leader, the president and commander in chief of the armed forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to realize the development dream of all Nigerians by reducing tension, uncertainty and insecurity in our beloved country.
We want to pledge our steadfastness and resolve working alongside Mr. President to better the lives of our people as we render transparent and accountable stewardship.
Finally our thanks go to all those who have patiently endured these times especially our constituents and members of the fourth estate of the realm who have followed these elections with keen interest. We promise that we will not betray the confidence you have reposed in us.
Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, CON,
Governor, Rivers State. [/b]

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/news/gov-rotimi-amechis-victory-speech/

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by jeffizy(m): 2:23am On May 25, 2013
Never knew the Governors forum has taken a life of it's own.
I think this is a determinant of what is to come in 2015.
The problem i see is that of a house (PDP) divided against itself.

PDP has been known to rally when the stakes are highest. Will they maneuver again this time?
Time, as they say, will tell.
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by jeffizy(m): 2:33am On May 25, 2013
Did Gov.Amaechi's passive humiliation by the presidency play a major role in swaying the votes in his favor?

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by koruji(m): 4:37am On May 25, 2013
Simple answer is No.
GEJ is simply realizing that he must pipe down seriously with all this arrogant animal farm tactics he is employing.
Power is transient. If you lack the ability to make the situation better, stop making it worse by behaving like some overlord.

As if the president does not have earth-shaking issues to deal with in Nigeria, he keeps putting his hands in every pie - all in a bid to retain power in 2015.

jeffizy: Did Gov.Amaechi's passive humiliation by the presidency play a major role in swaying the votes in his favor?

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by kunlekunle: 7:38am On May 25, 2013
a rookie president in aso rock.
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by Tolexander: 8:54am On May 25, 2013
We want to pledge our
steadfastness and resolve
working alongside Mr.
President to better the lives
of our people as we render
transparent and accountable
stewardship.
this amechi guy is just too mature!

7 Likes

Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by Nobody: 9:17am On May 25, 2013
koruji: Simple answer is No.
GEJ is simply realizing that he must pipe down seriously with all this arrogant animal farm tactics he is employing.
Power is transient. If you lack the ability to make the situation better, stop making it worse by behaving like some overlord.

As if the president does not have earth-shaking issues to deal with in Nigeria, he keeps putting his hands in every pie - all in a bid to retain power in 2015.

One moment you people characterise him as weak, timid, and clueless. Another moment, you describe him as arrogant and overbearing. . . how do you reconcile these irreconcilable characterisations? We're not quite sure what to believe anymore! Make up your minds already.

6 Likes

Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by Culbobby(m): 9:34am On May 25, 2013
Amaechi u 2 much jor,if dem no get logo,make dem gbori won or!

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by Nobody: 9:36am On May 25, 2013
The only thing I'm happy about is that the oracle in Aso rock was disappointed .Praise tha lawd. . . grin
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by glimpse(f): 9:43am On May 25, 2013
Lock down! grin
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by Albaniy(m): 9:44am On May 25, 2013
Hmm this movie is getting more intresting, only time will tell
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by GoodSamaritan: 9:50am On May 25, 2013
SOMETHING IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by DeCleff(m): 9:53am On May 25, 2013
Thats my governor! Very bold and fearless breed.

GEJ is also my president i respect so much but my problem with him is simply because he allowed himself to be misled by Wike and co to fight Ameachi unjustly.

Wike and his cohorts are behind those posters that spreads across the country so they can use GEJ to fight Ameachi.
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by EasyLam(m): 9:58am On May 25, 2013
Pls pay NYSC state alawii.....ride on joor
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by fitzmayowa: 10:00am On May 25, 2013
In obasanjo's voice...i dey laugh oooooooo
Indeed Jonathan is a Trainee President, Amaechi has just called his bluff by winning

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by SIRCONFIDENCE(m): 10:05am On May 25, 2013
Amechi showed maturity at its highest level with his speech.
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by ortopazz(m): 11:43am On May 25, 2013
seriously AMaechi, i have been rooting for you and wiv this speech am nt disappointd by a long shot.!
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by Symphony007: 11:52am On May 25, 2013
Very nice speech but he was far too gracious about the president..love the emphasis on democracy cause apparently that's not something mr president knows about. And in a few days time he'll be giving a speech on democracy day preaching what he does'nt practise!

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by DerideGull(m): 11:57am On May 25, 2013
Why do Nigerians bent on creating irrelevance in the domain of stupidity? What is the essence of the wasteful and so-called Governor’s forum? Nigeria has State and National Assemblies lying furlough yet some goons are yarning about governor's forum. Maybe, Nigerians should request for the formation of deputy governor’s forum, first lady’s forum, swindler’s forum and kidnapper’s forum. What of dolt’s forum.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by 100Whykay(m): 12:42pm On May 25, 2013
Interesting! This is yet another proof that there's still no hope for the average voter in this country. Alas, Hope died in 1993.
If an election involving 35 men only, is said not to be free and fair and surrounded by this much controversy why then should 160million Nigerians expect a free and fair election.

Anyways, can someone please post Governor Jonah Jang's Victory Speech too or is he yet to make his? Smh!
Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by abes(m): 12:53pm On May 25, 2013
DerideGull: Why do Nigerians bent on creating irrelevance in the domain of stupidity? What is the essence of the wasteful and so-called Governor’s forum? Nigeria has State and National Assemblies lying furlough yet some goons are yarning about governor's forum. Maybe, Nigerians should request for the formation of deputy governor’s forum, first lady’s forum, swindler’s forum and kidnapper’s forum. What of dolt’s forum.

Ask Akpabio...
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by Largernonso(m): 2:20pm On May 25, 2013
congrats my man/mentor.
wish meetn u 1 on 1 someday.
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by oluwabishop: 2:34pm On May 25, 2013
Tolexander: this amechi guy is just too mature!
seconded and thirded in immediate succession cool
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by koruji(m): 2:50pm On May 25, 2013
You know the answer to that.
He is all up in arms whenever there is politics involved, and slow to react to the people's needs.

There are rules of governance that are sacrosanct: [size=14pt]security, security, security[/size]. You cannot trade insecurity of the life of citizens for efforts on power, it doesn't work that way. That is what makes you look weak.

You cannot openly subvert processes and institutions that assert their rights because you feel threatened politically. You cannot openly cuddle former militants, assigning them large national resources and responsibilities - such as patrolling the coast. Any wise person should know that empowering such people is dangerous as they will turn on even you when it is convenient for them...etc. Doing these things make you look like a dictator, not a strong leader.

A strong leader is one who leads his people with passion for their betterment in all ramifications, not one that is focused on the spoils and tenure of office at all costs.

pro01:
One moment you people characterise him as weak, timid, and clueless. Another moment, you describe him as arrogant and overbearing. . . how do you reconcile these irreconcilable characterisations? We're not quite sure what to believe anymore! Make up your minds already.
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by koruji(m): 2:55pm On May 25, 2013
I heard that Jonah Jang actually didn't want to be on the ballot when GEJ's two northern candidates saw the handwriting on the wall and withdrew. He was basically used as the fall guy - and you better believe that he is probably not feeling good about that right now. Imagine GEJ attempting to tamper with the NGF because some of them were nurturing presidential ambitions. That makes him a dictator in waiting !!!

I won't put my money on most of these NGF clowns, but they have the right to their ambitions.

100% Whykay:
Interesting! This is yet another proof that there's still no hope for the average voter in this country. Alas, Hope died in 1993.
If an election involving 35 men only, is said not be to free and fair and surrounded by this much controversy why then should 160million Nigerians expect a free and fair election.

Anyways, can someone please post Governor Jonah Jang's Victory Speech too or is he yet to make his? Smh!
Rubbish
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by trappatoni(m): 5:07pm On May 25, 2013
100% Whykay:
If an election involving 35 men only, is said not be to free and fair and surrounded by this much controversy why then should 160million Nigerians expect a free and fair election.

Rubbish
which victory,which election im win.enough problem for plataeu state wey im suppose face,person wey no get focus
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by emmatok(m): 5:17pm On May 25, 2013
Three Wins for ROTIMI this week.
Police apologize
House freed him of Jet issue
Win NGF election.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by okechukwu2013: 5:52pm On May 25, 2013
Ride on Ikwere first son! Is only only poeple who do not know the stuff you are made of that are underating you. Come to Rivers state and continue your good work. Enough of this distraction
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by jay2k(m): 6:54pm On May 25, 2013
DerideGull: Why do Nigerians bent on creating irrelevance in the domain of stupidity? What is the essence of the wasteful and so-called Governor’s forum? Nigeria has State and National Assemblies lying furlough yet some goons are yarning about governor's forum. Maybe, Nigerians should request for the formation of deputy governor’s forum, first lady’s forum, swindler’s forum and kidnapper’s forum. What of dolt’s forum.
@ least i can go nd slip seeing dat @ least 1 nigerian dat can tink for 1s.cos i c no reason y we r celebrating dez looters of public fund in d face of insecurity looming our heads..of wat impotnce is dis useless NGF to dis country..what impact has it made since its creation..for me its just a platform for politicising over any little positiv tin dat could come to nigerians...yet hea we r analysing nd praisng hudlumps...well is upto evry nigerian anyway to take our destiny in our hands....tanks for tinkin well bro.
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by PastorOla1: 7:54pm On May 25, 2013
We have a baby President, a Trainee President.
Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by dulphines: 8:12pm On May 25, 2013
When will ministers and senators open their own forum? All I beg of is re-colonization by the whiteman. The truth is that we may never get it right with the likes of these blind men who should be working towards developments in their respective states rather than creating a forum for jamboree!

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rotimi Amaechi's Victory Speech! by BabaOlowo: 11:30am On May 26, 2013
AMAECHI for PRESIDENT!

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Campaign Flag Off: Plateau State Declares Work-Free Day / Remi Tinubu , Lawan, Lalong ,others Felicitate With Senator Daduut At 70 / Nigeria, Bloomberg And The Hitman! - Temitope Ajayi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.