Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps (17533 Views)

Army Destroys Boko-Haram Camps In Alagarno, Sambisa Forests [PHOTOS] / Troops Clear Boko Haram Camps,Market,Rescue Many(photos) / Nigerian Troops Record Great Victory As They Clear Boko Haram Camps.graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by prymesolution: 3:27am On May 25, 2013
As reported in Vanguard:

As the military continued its quest to dislodge the Boko Haram terrorists from the north eastern part of the country, the Defense Headquarters Friday said that soldiers have taken over all the camps where the insurgents operated from in Northern and Central parts of Borno State.

This was even as the military said yesterday that soldiers would soon carry out a military exercise code-named Operation Thunderstorm ‘on the Abuja-Jere-Kaduna expressway.

Director of Defence Information, Brigadier General Chris Olukolade who spoke in an interview with newsmen, also said that troops on the special operations, stormed the notorious Sambisa forest area and rescued six children and three women kidnapped by the terrorists about three weeks ago.

According to Brig-General Olukolade who was part of a seven- man Assessment Team led by Maj-General Lawrence Ngubane, that visited the operation areas in the last three days, the troops were currently combing the vast Sambisa forest which is about 16 square kilometers.

Kudos to the military. Hopefully they can intensify efforts to rid the country of this group that is bent on wrecking havoc in Northern Nigeria.

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/05/nigeria-joint-military-task-force-takes.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/state-of-emergency-we-ve-taken-over-all-boko-haram-camps-in-borno-defence-hqtrs/

4 Likes

Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by claimme: 4:13am On May 25, 2013
Go guys! May God help you to clean this mess called Boko-Haram. May the blood of the innocent Nigerians they have killed speak vengeance continuously upon them till they are crushed!

17 Likes

Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by Nobody: 4:33am On May 25, 2013
i hope this is true oo....

Jonathan, after you finish off Boko Haram, give us 24hr electricity at least make it easy for next administration to complete the project..

But corruption...
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by UyiIredia(m): 6:05am On May 25, 2013
A welcome development.
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by okosodo: 6:25am On May 25, 2013
Good job boys! But what of the boko haram in the army?
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by Nobody: 6:36am On May 25, 2013
okosodo: Good job boys! But what of the boko haram in the army?
by the comment power vested upon me by Seun Osewa, I hereby, appoint and give you the power to kill those boko harams in the army. Hope this helps JTF! Please move into Kastina and burst there their leader's balls. Thank you
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by blackmale(m): 9:45am On May 25, 2013
job welldone, all hail nigerian army...salute!

4 Likes

Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by mcevans1(m): 9:48am On May 25, 2013
Crush those cockroaches boys!
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by Mowire: 9:50am On May 25, 2013
My question: Was it necessary to declare SOE to achieve this?
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by Ohibenemma(m): 9:50am On May 25, 2013
Let's be happy. It might not be a hundred percent accurate, but it will definitely be over 90percent which is something.
Pickin when say e mama no go sleep, done sleep e own finish.
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by Iaz93: 9:51am On May 25, 2013
Good. Boko Haram will become history very soon.

2 Likes

Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by NaijaNaWaa: 9:53am On May 25, 2013
Good job. Other than the Katsina incident, there has been no major BH attack since the onslaught.
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by Adex097: 9:53am On May 25, 2013
Iaz93: Good. Boko Haram will become history very soon.
I pray o..buh I still see "RE-enforcement" In the air
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by fitzmayowa: 9:58am On May 25, 2013
I thought they are after their own share of the 72 virgins promised, how come they are running away from getting the virgins from JTF guns and bombs...Rag heads don run enter bush finish

2 Likes

Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by ikchi: 9:58am On May 25, 2013
claim-me:
Go guys! May God help you to clean this mess called Boko-Haram. May the blood of the innocent Nigerians they have killed speak vengeance continuously upon them till they are crushed!
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by WizPrince1(m): 9:58am On May 25, 2013
Good, I can see everything coming to an end. This is what the Government would have done ever since. Thank God! Thumbsup for the President

1 Like

Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by coogar: 10:02am On May 25, 2013

Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by Compliance(m): 10:05am On May 25, 2013
the good news i want to heaar is the number of the boko insurgents captured.
have they captured their overall head?
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by naptu2: 10:06am On May 25, 2013
I saw the video report on Silverbird (Chris Olukolade led his Defence Information team on an inspection of the camps). Meanwhile, US drones based in Niger have commenced patrolling the Niger-Nigeria border to gather intelligence on Boko Haram.
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by rozayx5(m): 10:08am On May 25, 2013
good
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by playahP(m): 10:11am On May 25, 2013
I take all these their tory with a pinsh of salt.
Is it not the same sambisa that they bombed to the ground using air-strike??

Hw did they now come and find the women and children alive

Juss curious!

But the good thing is that since the military took over, we haven't heard any form of bomb attacks... So I take dat as a good sign!!
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by GoodSamaritan: 10:12am On May 25, 2013
ONCE UPON A TIME, THERE WAS A TERRORISTS GROUP CALLED BOKO HARAM

3 Likes

Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by naptu2: 10:13am On May 25, 2013
Mowire: My question: Was it necessary to declare SOE to achieve this?

Yes it was. People mis-interpret state of emergency to mean suspension of the governor, but that's not what it means. State of emergency means suspending some fundamental rights that are enshrined in the constitution and additional emergency funding.

What this means in practice is that the military can detain citizens for more than 48hrs without charging them to court, military commanders can declare curfews (usually the preserve of the state governors), the national assembly can divert funds meant for the affected states and use those funds to pay for the operation, etc. The government can carry out all these actions without the fear that affected people will go to court for the enforcement of their fundamental rights as enshrined in the constitution.

5 Likes

Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by bigboss80s(m): 10:14am On May 25, 2013
Good news...next is the sponsors.

2 Likes

Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by Nobody: 10:16am On May 25, 2013
There's Hope after all smiley

1 Like

Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by ITbomb(m): 10:20am On May 25, 2013
I love the creeks, can they take over all the camps in the creeks?
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by Aedesmuskeeto: 10:25am On May 25, 2013
Ijogz K: There's Hope after all smiley
you can say that again... You intercept force with a greater force...

1 Like

Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by Nobody: 10:27am On May 25, 2013
Great one. Am happy to hear this. Nigerians cant wait for boko haram to disappear.
God bless the Nigerian military forces. They have done alot, some died while protecting us, others were wounded, and to think they did it for Nigerians of whom they may not have seen at all. Celebrate the armed forces with me. Like this if you share in my appreciation to the military.

48 Likes

Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by Keacee(m): 10:30am On May 25, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] cryDats my guys on the move. Kudos
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by Nobody: 11:08am On May 25, 2013
God be with u people..Fish d BK boys out let them face d Music.

1 Like

Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by hotwax: 11:13am On May 25, 2013
Rubish. How many Boko harams were killed? None. They just dispersed to converge in another state. Problem still remains 100pcent. If I were the president, this operation would be classified. I will just send 3000 soldiers without anouncing. Clueless president.
Re: JTF Takes Over All Boko-Haram Camps by Nobody: 11:31am On May 25, 2013
hotwax: Rubish. How many Boko harams were killed? None. They just dispersed to converge in another state. Problem still remains 100pcent. If I were the president, this operation would be classified. I will just send 3000 soldiers without anouncing. Clueless president.
Then the senate would have kicked you arss* out of the presidential villa, by Vote of no confidence! Think man, I know you've got a cerebellum.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Officials Of NUPENG And PENGASSAN At State House (Photos) / We Can’t Afford To Pay N30,00 Minimum Wage, Govs Tell NLC / Presidential Aide, Ogunlesi Goes On A Boat Tour Of The River Niger, Shares Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.