Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:28 PM

Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him (5584 Views)

I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! / My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise / Confronting The Mistress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by greatgod2012(f): 8:25pm On May 25, 2013
I think this man is taking us as fools, and im getting furious towards the man.
Last year April, one of our neighbours came to hubby for financial assistance, he said, he went to the bank to withdraw some amount at the bank with his ATM card, and he claimed that the machine swallowed his card, it was on a Friday, and he came to hubby and asked hubby to borrow him the cash till Monday, when he would have sorted out his ATMcard issue with the bank. Hubby gave him the money,(with my knowledge, of course) and since then, the man has refused to pay the money back. Now, what is making me furious is that, the man never talked about the money, he has been relating with us as if nothing is between us, he has never talked about the money, not to talk of how he is going to pay the money. I asked hubby to ask him the money, hubby said, there is no need, all he know is that, the man can never come to us for financial assistance again. We reported him to his wife, his wife said a lot of bad things about him, how she has been managing/coping with his uncomely attitude. The wife even promised to pay the money back, but hubby asked her not to worry, because, the woman do not have much with her(shes a private school teacher). Now, im feeling like confroting him, not in order to collect the money, but to just let him know that we aint fools, and to also let him know that its not good to behave like that, to let him know that he isnt smarter than us, but hubby wont allow me.
Now, please, advise me, should i confront him or i should just leave him alone. Each time i see him, i feel like hes just taking us as fools, what do i do?
Thanks.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 25, 2013
Just let it slide as long as such won't happen again.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by aadetoyin(f): 8:40pm On May 25, 2013
My dear sista, don't waste ur energy on him. because it will become ugly if u do. To him, he feels he is smart but the mistake such people make is that he'll still need u for more pressing issues but u won't be bothered cos u no wat he's made of.
I have a friend like that she bought a blackberry from me( of which the merchanise was not even mine and I didn't add a dime to the money she bought it) she is still owing me 10k and its over a year. She acts like everytin is fine and wen I ask her, she will say "lI ve not forgotten Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo. Will pay as soon as I have money"
I had to pay the owner of the fone the 10k wen the wahala was too much.
Is it by force to use BB. So just fashi that man because he'll give excuses(silly excuses ni o)
But don't be surprised if he comes asking for another quick loan.grin
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Gboliwe: 8:46pm On May 25, 2013
greatgod2012: I think this man is taking us as fools, and im getting furious towards the man.
Last year April, one of our neighbours came to hubby for financial assistance, he said, he went to the bank to withdraw some amount at the bank with his ATM card, and he claimed that the machine swallowed his card, it was on a Friday, and he came to hubby and asked hubby to borrow him the cash till Monday, when he would have sorted out his ATMcard issue with the bank. Hubby gave him the money,(with my knowledge, of course) and since then, the man has refused to pay the money back. Now, what is making me furious is that, the man never talked about the money, he has been relating with us as if nothing is between us, he has never talked about the money, not to talk of how he is going to pay the money. I asked hubby to ask him the money, hubby said, there is no need, all he know is that, the man can never come to us for financial assistance again. We reported him to his wife, his wife said a lot of bad things about him, how she has been managing/coping with his uncomely attitude. The wife even promised to pay the money back, but hubby asked her not to worry, because, the woman do not have much with her(shes a private school teacher). Now, im feeling like confroting him, not in order to collect the money, but to just let him know that we aint fools, and to also let him know that its not good to behave like that, to let him know that he isnt smarter than us, but hubby wont allow me.
Now, please, advise me, should i confront him or i should just leave him alone. Each time i see him, i feel like hes just taking us as fools, what do i do?
Thanks.
Do not confront him. Leave him alone.

I know of a family, a close family who something similar happened to. Madam was furious, but she is calm now.

We stil have very sick people though who would stil ask for money even when the previous one is unpaid
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by ayobase(m): 8:48pm On May 25, 2013
Let it slide as ur husband suggested.
And try also to inculcate that habit, and don't always give out what its way too much to lose.

Its what I do always, if u don't talk about it, I also wouldn't talk about it. Its a matter of next time. And there is always a blessing attached.

What we should always pray for is God's blessing!

Guys are watching match now....pieces of advice are gonna be flowing in later in the night!
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by biolabee(m): 8:51pm On May 25, 2013
ayobase: Let it slide as ur husband suggested.
And try also to inculcate that habit, and don't always give out what its way too much to lose.

Its what I do always, if u don't talk about it, I also wouldn't talk about it. Its a matter of next time. And there is always a blessing attached.

Guys are watching match now....pieces of advice are gonna be flowing in later in the night!
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Idowuogbo(f): 8:52pm On May 25, 2013
Haba! Aunty G,calm down nau.. he's probably still in a tight corner.Madam,as Oga don talk make you liv mata, let it go.Talking comes by nature,silence by wisdom.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Acidosis(m): 8:53pm On May 25, 2013
Hmmn.. what more can I say¿
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Idowuogbo(f): 8:53pm On May 25, 2013
ayobase: Let it slide as ur husband suggested.

Igbawo lo di pastor? shocked lipsrsealed grin
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 25, 2013
Nigerians can pet and accept bad behavior.
That's why we have leaders who will continue to rap3 us because we will say "leave them to God".
Confront him, don't only confront him ask for your money back.
Next time even if its your sister get it in writing before releasing even 1kobo on loan.
We don't like paper work and it always gets us in trouble.
Why won't people be acting like idiots when we will "leave them to God", confront him so he will know that even if he can get away with it because others are too docile you are not.
We wonder why we have bad leaders and a horrible society when you can not even stand and take the time to fight for money you have earned.
Sad society.

6 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by ayobase(m): 8:57pm On May 25, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Igbawo lo di pastor? shocked lipsrsealed grin

wink
Just a piece from a clean heart!
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Acidosis(m): 8:58pm On May 25, 2013
Idowuogbo: Haba! Aunty G,calm down nau.. he's probably still in a tight corner.Madam,as Oga don talk make you liv mata, let it go.Talking comes by nature,silence by wisdom.
Igbawo lo di Philosopher? grin
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 25, 2013
What silly blessing should they fold their arms and wait for?
So letting a criminal get away with fraud now attracts blessings, God have mercy and give me strength

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Idowuogbo(f): 9:02pm On May 25, 2013
debrief08: Nigerians can pet and accept bad behavior.
That's why we have leaders who will continue to rap3 us because we will say "leave them to God".
Next time even if its your sister get it in writing before releasing even 1kobo on loan.
Why won't people be acting like idiots when we will "leave them to God", confront him so he will know that even if he can get away with it because others are too docile you are not.
We wonder why we have bad leaders and a horrible society when you can not even stand and take the time to fight for money you have earned.
Sad society.
Haaa!! Mami, na u hin borrow d money from ni? So u'll go behind ya husy to harass d bobo? Dats bad o! Repent!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Idowuogbo(f): 9:03pm On May 25, 2013
Acidosis:
Igbawo lo di oni gbejo nkan mbe? undecided
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by ayobase(m): 9:04pm On May 25, 2013
Acidosis:

LOL....make una allow me concentrate for this match na!
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by bellong: 9:06pm On May 25, 2013
Book of Proverbs says "... A wicked person borrows money and returns it not...." I bet you it will become nasty confronting

him. I know it is painful seeing him everyday without him making mention of it. Free your mind about it and follow your

husband's advice. When people you have not tested or do not trust with money come for help, only give them the amount you

can do away with. That is what I always do. I have been in a similar situation like yours before. Mine was at a time I was very broke but felt this my friend needed the money more than I do. Till date, he never talked about it nor apologise for not paying as agreed.

Next time, do not borrow anyone not tested money you can't give freely even if they come up with heaven and earth story. People can cook up emotional stories to break your purse.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Daresh(f): 9:07pm On May 25, 2013
Madame, the owner of the money said you shd fashi it so do as he said. If its ur own money then you can confront him. My oga does that sometimes and I will be throne vexing. He's like , just let it be. Shawn its ur own money you can fight.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 25, 2013
Sad society.
Not everything is worth fighting for. Not especially a man in such a pitiful state.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by k4kenny(f): 9:14pm On May 25, 2013
This can be so annoying. Madam , now is not the time to confront him. Wait till he comes for another 'quick' loan then u dish it to him. Some people just have the notion that as long as you go to work everyday, then you're super comfortable and you probably don't need the money. Lemme share my mums experience.
Her cousin came crying that her son's 2nd term fees has not been paid and he would not be made to sit for the on-coming exams. She was really sobbing that she needed 120k ASAP and would pay at the end of the month. My mum, at first, criticised her for sending her son to such an expensive school when she couldn't afford it (as a single mum). But she kept begging that she'll return the money before month's end. So out of pity, mum borrowed her d money. The kid was in j.s 3 at the time. Now he's going to s.s. 2. Most annoying thing is I got to find out through my BIL in his class that this same kid's got an iphone and psp angry . Now she avoids my mum like fire. She doesnt realise that one day she might need 5k to save her life and she won't have anyone to turn to.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by ayobase(m): 9:15pm On May 25, 2013
Sad society.

Na wa o.....on top N5 kwanu.....even we dey owe God and he dey forget!

FYU, its a matter of MATURITY, and not WEAKNESS!

Who blessed you with that money gan sef....u think sey na ur sweat? ERROR!

"....God anoints my head with oil, and my cup runneth over"

The running over is for your neighbours...Give them.....besides,he that can give out is he that might have had enough....before Bado ask if I be Pastor again!

Stop being alaroro....let it go!

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by smartmom(f): 9:17pm On May 25, 2013
I can imagine how you feel . And its made worse that you have to see him every time. Since you have reported to his wife, I am sure she must have mentioned it to him so he is aware of your feelings. Since your hubby has asked you to let it go, ask God to help you get over the bitterness and the hurt of being taken advantage of. That man should be pitied because he has reduced himself before you family.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by toofine765: 9:17pm On May 25, 2013
Since you feel so bad about it, confront him so you have some peace. Don't go out to make a fight with him. Let it just be a gentle reminder so he will know you have forgotten about the money. If he chooses to pay after then good and fine but if not, leave him for God. At least you would have laid bare your mind. Personally experience has taught me not to lend out money because people don't like to pay back debts. If you ask me to lend you N20,000 I will tell you sorry I'm hard up and can only give you N2,000. In my heart I will know it's a free gift but won't let you know, if you bring it back, I will tell you not to bother, if you don't, then you will also know that you will never come back. All in all tell the spirit of the Almighty to lead you and take control, am sure you will then get the best way out.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by ayobase(m): 9:24pm On May 25, 2013
debrief08: What silly blessing should they fold their arms and wait for?
So letting a criminal get away with fraud now attracts blessings, God have mercy and give me strength

Wretched mindset.....criminal....fraud....strength....I still wonder how somepeople think about MONEY o!

What about if u die 2moro......or what about if u don't have to EVEN give out!

Some people are praying for God's financial blessing so that they can give out, and here you are STILL!

VANITY UPON VANITY, ALL IS VANITY!
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 25, 2013
greatgod2012: I think this man is taking us as fools, and im getting furious towards the man.
Thanks.

Nigerians, sometimes we make something so small looks big. Someone owes you money, ask him for it! Maybe he has forgotten. At least know his reasons!

Even If you don't need it again, it will clear your minds and give him the guilt too. undecided
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by bellong: 9:41pm On May 25, 2013
ayobase:

Wretched mindset.....criminal....fraud....strength....I still wonder how somepeople think about MONEY o!

What about if u die 2moro......or what about if u don't have to EVEN give out!

Some people are praying for God's financial blessing so that they can give out, and here you are STILL!

VANITY UPON VANITY, ALL IS VANITY!

She is actually looking at the issue from the point of making the guy accountable for his mischievousness. @Debrief, it is not everytime you act on issues about money. There are times you adopt the "serpent style" in dealing with monetary issues. In between, it was the husband who gave out the money, not the wife.
If the wife confronts the guy, it may portray the husband as a weakling who couldn't voice his opinion to the debtor (although that doesn't count).

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Idowuogbo(f): 9:42pm On May 25, 2013
smartmom: I can imagine how you feel . And its made worse that you have to see him every time. Since you have reported to his wife, I am sure she must have mentioned it to him so he is aware of your feelings. Since your hubby has asked you to let it go, ask God to help you get over the bitterness and the hurt of being taken advantage of. That man should be pitied because he has reduced himself before you family.
I agree! God bless u!!!
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Idowuogbo(f): 9:44pm On May 25, 2013
bellong:

She is actually looking at the issue from the point of making the guy accountable for his mischievousness. @Debrief, it is not everytime you act on issues about money. There are times you adopt the "serpent style" in dealing with monetary issues. In between, it was the husband who gave out the money, not the wife.
If the wife confronts the guy, it may portray the husband as a weakling who couldn't voice his opinion to the debtor (although that doesn't count).

It does!!! Awon feminist dey o!! angry
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by bellong: 9:45pm On May 25, 2013
Vikin:

Nigerians, sometimes we make something so small looks big. Someone owes you money, ask him for it! Maybe he has forgotten. At least know his reasons!

Even If you don't need it again, it will clear your minds and give him the guilt too. undecided

He may have other reasons he refused to pay but I am sure FORGOTTEN is not one of them....
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Idowuogbo(f): 9:48pm On May 25, 2013
Vikin:

Sexy gal, ask him bawo? If husy says no, let d no b no! Kin ti yin? No b him use hin hand give d guy money? E like wahala sha.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 25, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Sexy gal, ask him bawo? If husy says no, let d no b no! Kin ti yin? No b him use hin hand give d guy money? E like wahala sha.

Hubby's money is my money! If he says no, he knows I will be ordering on sweet shoe online that is equivalent to that money.

After the order, I go still ask the guy without hubby finding out lipsrsealed

Maybe for two pairs of shoes! It worth it! sad
Re: Please Advise Me, I Feel Like Confronting Him by Acidosis(m): 9:52pm On May 25, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Igbawo lo di oni gbejo nkan mbe? undecided
sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law / Boarding School Or Day School / Ladies In The House, Please I Need Your Help Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.